• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cb1115

Oct 25, 2017
listened to the new Earl a few times while working on some assignments earlier

that shit is crazy lmao. it's like he played a shitload of Hotline Miami and decided to rap over wild psychedelic loops. love it though.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
bruh, i love you Era

checked to see if JIDs Florida dates would potentially mesh with rolling loud miami 2019 and ended up seeing that JID will be in miami this sunday for art basel.

Ticket copped! Thank you, torre_avenue
Yeah, torre_avenue thanks for posting when artists tour. I've got tickets on time just cause of you breh :]
No problem!

I figure most of us here would like to see people we enjoy live. I also posted it here because I saw the NZ tour date, which I know Moonkid is from.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia

tenor.gif

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
sidenote but imo there's a valid reason to do an OT2 post reboot. OP never posts and the thread bookmarks thing could be useful for keeping track of legendary moments (RIP to the goldfish who met it's fate inside a Trojan) and we could get a rotating heading instead of the garbo generic thing. i lobby for a new one and throw my weight behind torre_avenue or Icolin if they're down

OG Kush

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got a recommendation for everyone, this album is def in my favourites of the year.:
Murkage Dave - Murkage Dave Changed My Life
https://open.spotify.com/album/0s9wG3LP6wORhe7SCa3vXp?si=XWURkx54T9uVRWQTNs9d9A
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/murkage-dave-changed-my-life/1436592899

murkage.jpg

Has a big co-sign from The Streets/Mike Skinner, and he hits similar notes. Its this calm, loweky singing with a melancholy mood and urban twang. His voice really reminds me of the lead singer of Bloc Party. Really good for this autumn/winter time. Extremely relatable and down to earth. Very fresh in the current UK music scene. He's got this cult status here and is receiving good reviews. A lot of talk about the album receiving a Mercury Prize. Some better descriptions:

"RAISED ON PIRATE RADIO, HIS UNIQUE BRAND OF BRITISH SOUL COMBINES LONDON STREET SLANG WITH MORISSEY-ESQUE MELANCHOLY. "

"Murkage Dave's long-awaited debut album has been well worth the wait. Across 14 tracks, the east Londoner fuses soulful golden era RnB with UK grime and garage sounds in allusion to his origins as a successful DJ, as bumping percussion and warm strings draw comparisons to long-time collaborator Mike Skinner and The Streets. Driven by his distinctive socially aware witty lyricism, Dave's gentle crooning melodies are delivered in hushed tones like reflective asides muttered from the back of the night bus home from the club, as his melancholic introspections channel the loneliness of a hedonistic life on the road between events into a muted morning-after mood that is sombre yet refreshingly honest throughout, leaving a surprisingly uplifting afterglow. "

Bonus cuts:
Murkage Dave - Keep up the bad work (something more upbeat, drum pattern reminiscent of some Clips/Neptunes ish!) (about speaking to your younger self)
Murkage Dave - Murkage Dave Changed My Life (Retracing his history of the come up and how his life has changed and being very grateful. The choir/gospel and strings are ace in this)
Murkage Dave - Niggas Need Eachother (About the appreciation of his boys, inspired by their whatsapp groupchat convos)

Aight, I'm done. Could post all his tunes as I'm a big fan, and very obvious I'm riding hard for this guy but just thinks he deserves more recognition. Pharrell even played him on his radio show but hasn't done much for his views.

Last edited:

Snazz

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
I saw a band (three men who just shouted IN THE JUNGLE for about eleven minutes) called Murkage support Chiddy Bang in Manchester a good six or so years ago. I wonder if Murkage Dave was one of them.

EDIT: bahahaha:

OG Kush

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Snazz yeah he was part of that. They got really big France, due in part to their collaborations with French rappers Nekfeu and MC Orelsan. However, his solo stuff is nothing like that but he kept his name of his crew.

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
James Blake tickets went on pre-sale, and each purchase gets you a physical CD of a "future James Blake project."

So. either an EP a la "200 Press" or an LP?

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Got a recommendation for everyone, this album is def in my favourites of the year.:
Murkage Dave - Murkage Dave Changed My Life
https://open.spotify.com/album/0s9wG3LP6wORhe7SCa3vXp?si=XWURkx54T9uVRWQTNs9d9A
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/murkage-dave-changed-my-life/1436592899

murkage.jpg

Has a big co-sign from The Streets/Mike Skinner, and he hits similar notes. Its this calm, loweky singing with a melancholy mood and urban twang. His voice really reminds me of the lead singer of Bloc Party. Really good for this autumn/winter time. Extremely relatable and down to earth. Very fresh in the current UK music scene. He's got this cult status here and is receiving good reviews. A lot of talk about the album receiving a Mercury Prize. Some better descriptions:

"RAISED ON PIRATE RADIO, HIS UNIQUE BRAND OF BRITISH SOUL COMBINES LONDON STREET SLANG WITH MORISSEY-ESQUE MELANCHOLY. "

"Murkage Dave's long-awaited debut album has been well worth the wait. Across 14 tracks, the east Londoner fuses soulful golden era RnB with UK grime and garage sounds in allusion to his origins as a successful DJ, as bumping percussion and warm strings draw comparisons to long-time collaborator Mike Skinner and The Streets. Driven by his distinctive socially aware witty lyricism, Dave's gentle crooning melodies are delivered in hushed tones like reflective asides muttered from the back of the night bus home from the club, as his melancholic introspections channel the loneliness of a hedonistic life on the road between events into a muted morning-after mood that is sombre yet refreshingly honest throughout, leaving a surprisingly uplifting afterglow. "

Bonus cuts:
Murkage Dave - Keep up the bad work (something more upbeat, drum pattern reminiscent of some Clips/Neptunes ish!) (about speaking to your younger self)
Murkage Dave - Murkage Dave Changed My Life (Retracing his history of the come up and how his life has changed and being very grateful. The choir/gospel and strings are ace in this)
Murkage Dave - Niggas Need Eachother (About the appreciation of his boys, inspired by their whatsapp groupchat convos)

Aight, I'm done. Could post all his tunes as I'm a big fan, and very obvious I'm riding hard for this guy but just thinks he deserves more recognition. Pharrell even played him on his radio show but hasn't done much for his views.

These beats though 🔥🔥🔥🔥
Thank you for the Rec , definitely a fan of him now

Also, not like OffSet has an album coming out soon and that this sort thing would catapult his name into the news, nope not at all

lacer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
wow, 2 Milly is actually suing Epic. good luck to him

lacer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can we talk about how Nas got placed UNDER Future?
well, Future's entire career (more or less) has unfolded in the span between the last two Nas albums. he's made like a dozen records and his last 4 albums were #1. Nas didn't make a record for half a decade and then dropped a steamer. makes sense to me

Granadier

Nov 4, 2018
Anyone else trying to figure out what the AOTY will be be? Phew, this year is fuckin stacked.
Totally forgot that JMT dropped an album this year too

jacket

Oct 25, 2017
HER PUSSY LIKE A FAUCET IMMA FACE IT
40 WITH THE RED LASERS
BLAZIN'
AT ANY RACIST CAUCASIAN
AND AFTER IT I FEEL AMAZIN
NALMTALKIN BOUT LOOK...

JIhdATU.gif

GREY MATTER
STATEN ISLAND FABRIC