• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OG Kush

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People who fuck with Kelela and Abra and that sorta stuff needs to check out the Tirzah album "Devotion." It's a little experimental and playful but it def gives me that 90's R&B vibe buried beneath all of the more modern noisy elements.
I fucking love Kelela and Abra so will definitely be checking this out. Thanks.
EDIT: damn just saw she was playing tonight here in London, along with some other forward-thinking pop/rnb music that you might be interested in: Kelsey Lu, Lafawndah, Bonnie Banane, Eldest and Nidia.

Last edited:

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I think the Leon Vynehall album is actually my favorite electronic album of the year. Forgot about that one.

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
JbedSU6.gif

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
WAIT, I JUST LEARNED SOMETHING LIFE-CHANGING.

APPARENTLY "LONG TIME" OFF OF "DIE LIT" WAS NOT A PIERRE PRODUCTION.

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING.

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
WAIT, I JUST LEARNED SOMETHING LIFE-CHANGING.

APPARENTLY "LONG TIME" OFF OF "DIE LIT" WAS NOT A PIERRE PRODUCTION.

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING.
lol, the actual producer's name is ungoogleable ("Art Dealer") or he just hasn't made much music. seems like he's more of a Designer/Creative Director.
Designer and Producer. Not only is he affiliated with Playboi carti he is affiliated with Asap Bari as well as Skoloct. He has designed Playboi Carti's tour merchandise as well.

probably made a beat for fun and it was used.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
probably made a beat for fun and it was used.
Bruh, this guy fucked around and made one of the 10 best songs of the year.

I'm not even kidding, I think "Long Time" is a top 5 song of 2018, and this guy did it on a lark??? 2019 will be the year of Art Dealer. I've spoken it into the world, and it will come true.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands

If You Know You Know by Pusha T is my favorite intro of the year. As soon as the beat kicked in I knew this album was going to bang. I love it.

Skins out now btw.

VWdrewz

Oct 31, 2017
You probably like more technical Rap with fast rapping and more lyrical? Maybe you'll like Joyner Lucas who's technical like Em, Tech 9ine, but on more modern beats:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvSItvjFE1c

If you like more oldschool beats, then others have to help you since I don't listen to that kind of Rap anymore.

Damn dude that first track is spot on. Will check this guy out. Thanks heaps. If anything similar comes to mind let me know, hopefully spotify has some decent recommendations I can check out as well.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lol that Kanye/X song is really something. a highlight of how X's faux-deep posturing did such a bad job veiling the meathead dipshittery lurking right below the surface

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Kinda ridiculous that dude from The 1975 had to apologize for saying that shit about misogyny in hip hop. I swear that thread has popped up on this site multiple times now.

OG Kush

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Carti's long time appears in my Spotify roundup playlist of the year and yep it reminded me how nice that beat is.

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
Can anyone recommend some more....upbeat/energetic albums? I've skimmed through a bunch of the thread and listened to a lot of the more common names such as Drake and Kendrick Lamar etc but it's not quite what I am after. It may be that I tend to like "Rap" more(tbh I am not sure what really separates Rap & Hip Hop), few examples would be Chino XL, Tech N9ne, Bone Thugz(certain tracks) etc. I can listen to pretty much anything, but lately I have preferred lifting to upbeat hip hop/rap rather than the usual heavy metal.

Any help appreciated.

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
YOUR NUMBERS DON'T ADD UP ON THE BLOW, THAT WAS TEN YEARS AGO...

IF YOU KNOW YOU KNOW...

*BLARING GUITAR SAMPLES AND SUB-BASS*

PD6iI.gif

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
Other M is over-hated.

Developed by Team Ninja on top of that. This is a great get for Nintendo, even if it didn't look that hot.

everytime i doubt whether i'm in for a switch game because of ass performance/animation/visuals, i immediately flip on that because of the portable aspect. IN for this.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
I love the Celeste OST just as much as the next guy, but you can't beat those almost 200 interactive compositions and that incredible D'Angelo track.

Geoff, please have D'Angelo perform tonight.

Bacon

Oct 26, 2017
CTR let's goooooo

gaming side always wylin

IDK how people can even stomach being over there sometimes. Average age seems about at least 5-7 years younger than etcetera. Once you get big boy jobs this console wars shit don't mean a damn thing anymore, not that it ever really did but it makes a little more sense when you're a broke ass kid who can only get one thing and don't have to think about anything else.

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
devil trigger is a banger

IDK how people can even stomach being over there sometimes. Average age seems about at least 5-7 years younger than etcetera. Once you get big boy jobs this console wars shit don't mean a damn thing anymore, not that it ever really did but it makes a little more sense when you're a broke ass kid who can only get one thing and don't have to think about anything else.

the golden days of console wars on gamefaqs and IGN forums were legendarily lame

Status
Not open for further replies.