• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Lol he could certainly have enough material for a double disc after all these years, but wasn't that rumored for DAMN also. I remember a bunch of people were convinced a second disc was dropping for weeks after the initial release. Not going to hold my breath.

coldsagging

Oct 27, 2017
Is it me or is there a lot double album teases that don't come through?

In Kendricks case I wouldn't mind at all if it was true.

jacket

Oct 25, 2017
Hope y'all are ready for a k.dot double album

I'm losing my shit over here.

this can be bad or good imo

when it comes to rap music i never like the sound of "double album", i already think that any rap album over 50 minutes is too long

but this may be the case because kendrick hasn't made an album in a million years so he has like a hundred songs he wants to drop all at once

either way, don't drop a double kenny, unless it's outstanding tbh

Oct 25, 2017
If Kendricks only going to drop something every 5 years, then I'm more than down for a double album. I mean most "deluxe" albums that drop on DSPs these days are basically approaching double album length anyway.

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
I want a tight EP from Kendrick more than I want even a single album. Double album sounds like trouble.

jacket

Oct 25, 2017
I want a tight EP from Kendrick more than I want even a single album. Double album sounds like trouble.
my guy, i'm sayin'

i also understand the hype for a double album but i agree with this heavy

it might be the daytona syndrome

EDIT: i just started the new black star

kweli is snappin'!

Last edited:

Net_Wrecker

Oct 25, 2017
A double album is rarely a good thing, but most of these mid ass rappers are dropping mid ass long ass albums anyway, so I won't prejudge Kendrick's attempt if this is true.

jacket

Oct 25, 2017
the new black star is long enough for me, and most of the songs are instant replay worthy

i think kweli snapped on most of the album, i picked up on tons of quotables from him

IrishNinja

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Vice City
Anyone listened to the Black Star album?

i don't know what i'd expected from a blackstar album in 2k22, but ehhh
production is getting a little better as it goes, kweli feels like he's doing better as the lesser half of this duo because mos been past his prime quite some time now
so far it's not bad, just...i can't see revisiting this much

jacket

Oct 25, 2017

3LNiC18.gif
3LNiC18.gif
3LNiC18.gif
3LNiC18.gif

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
NEW OT INCOMING.

I got tricked asked into helping build the new thread, just in time to honor already album of the year the new Jack Harlow record. I figure it's cool to give everyone time to say goodbye to all the post's that touched our lives and to prepare for 7,281 Kendrick hot takes.

Remember, it's not the journey, but the bad mixtapes we listened to along the way.

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
A$AP Rocky - D.M.B. (Video). AWGE be doing some funky stuff but IDK about this song.

NEW OT INCOMING.

I got tricked asked into helping build the new thread, just in time to honor already album of the year the new Jack Harlow record. I figure it's cool to give everyone time to say goodbye to all the post's that touched our lives and to prepare for 7,281 Kendrick hot takes.

Remember, it's not the journey, but the bad mixtapes we listened to along the way.

Where is the ceremonial crowdsourcing of OT subtitles?

|OT3| NEW OT FOR A NUT

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still bumping that Pusha, but it's only been a few days and I've already upgraded my impressions of the Future from pretty good to great. The deluxe tracks don't even feel like throwaways, probably the strongest collection of them since WTT. Those alone would make a healthy EP.

(Dugg) I got twelve watches, four bustdowns, ain't none of my shit plain
(Baby) I got twenty watches all Plain Jane and I bulletproof my Range
(Future) I got twenty buss down watches, would've could've went and bought me a plane
(Baby) If you don't got business mind, and he ain't kill nothin', ain't no sense stressin' my game
(Future) You can't turn mud into diamonds, then you won't feel my pain
(Dugg) Swear I used to sell drugs to buy fly shit, you don't know how far I came
(Baby) I'm a real skreet n***a, I'm on that, for these millions, I play lane
(Dugg) Fuck how they feeling, n***a, I made it, do what you want bitch when I'm payin'

tumblr_mi8klnx0LA1rnxn7co1_500.gif

I'm a little hopeful Harlow put out a more consistent album this time around instead of just 3-4 heaters and a bunch of duds but we'll see. Dua Lipa sounds hard at the very least:

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
First impressions, but Harlow dropped another mishmash of a project. The beats are mostly good and I imagine would have made for great singles off of other artist's projects, but it feels like Harlow is trying really hard to prove he can do everything and every style and he isn't batting 100 on every song. Almost every song has a few bars or a verse where I'm like OKAY THIS BOI SPITTIN but then I'm back to feeling meh with the rest of the song. It really does feel like an alt-universe Drake project, but one of the ones with more filler, but also one where the real Drake kind of gets renegaded? IMO it's at it's worst with the slower songs, which sound liked tired rehashings of songs you've heard before. Like, State Fair is a good song with a dope beat and he's spitting etc., but how many times have you heard this song before on K.R.I.T. projects alone? The slow jams are especially tepid. And without any sort of sequencing or coherent sound, you're just rolling the dice every new track, with it being a disappointment more often than not.

There's still some good stuff out there; I would say from the Intro to Dua Lipa is good alongside I Got A Shot and Churchill Downs, but I feel like I'll only really come back to First Class and Dua Lipa and maaaaybe Churchill downs, like apieceofstrange. Not to put him in a box either, but I kind wanted more Whats Poppin, Tyler Herro, and Way Out-style songs that I could just bounce to too, but there are few songs on here where he is spitting that consistently within a song - just those three songs I listed really. I still think he's dope in small doses (e.g., SUVs Black on Black) and when he puts it all together his songs are super addictive, but he's still clearly got a long way to go.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
We got one more vote for nut, speak now or forever hold your peace come Monday.

Harlow's record show's he's a capable artist but it's kinda like, what story is he saying? Seems like a hard drive dump of singles.

Irony is Harlow feels like he's got a funny personality IRL, like its odd he's got more sex appeal when he's hollaring on the red carpet but he can't hold that same consistent spark across a project.

Real

Oct 28, 2017
I, for one, like this Diet Drake record. Him emulating Aubrey on every song just to get lapped on "Churchill Downs" is poetic justice.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
Finally found a copy of the new Blackstar record.

1)I wish Yaslin would rap more: Mos still has it and it would be nice to have him around more particularly since warm samples are everywhere: imagine him on an against type Alchemist project. Madlib does good work here.

2)Lol, Talib keeps his annoying flow to mostly on the shelf but man, hard to listen to his conscious rap considering how he's kind of a woman hating dickhead in real life

It's a solid B to B+ project but a shame won't get the listens or tractions because its not streaming.

Wigsy

Apr 5, 2022
I've never understood Future and his style so his album isn't for me. Pusha was … fine. First time listening to Harlow and … fine? Easy to switch off on some tracks, it just felt a little flat at times.

Best of the last couple of weeks has been the new Meth album for me.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Y'all have a new OT or whateva

www.resetera.com

Hip-Hop ERA |OT3| New OT For A Nut

This is an OT to celebrate the preeminent American cultural artform, Hip-Hop. What is Hip-hop? "Street Art" aka Graffiti: Turntablism: Breakdancing and various other dance subgenres: And of course, rapping: Hip-Hop was created by marginalized Black and Latino kids from the...

Xwymo9g.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.