• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
join me, brother.

these synths in CDQ lifting me to another dimension
I'M SPENDING MY MONEY ON GUNS AND PILLS
tenor.gif

This beat, too...
tenor.gif

Carti's voice on the hook...
tenor.gif

I can see now why people were going nuts for this snippet.

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I get that I guess, but #2 ain't nothing to sneeze at either imo
In an industry as cut-throat as modern music, I can imagine the difference between #1 and #2 is in millions of dollars. Artists with the #2 album in the country don't headline festivals. They don't sell out arenas. They don't justify the millions labels put into them. A #2 debut is a really bad sign for an established pop artist.

BlackJace

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
In an industry as cut-throat as modern music, I can imagine the difference between #1 and #2 is in millions of dollars. Artists with the #2 album in the country don't headline festivals. They don't sell out arenas. They don't justify the millions labels put into them. A #2 debut is a really bad sign for an established pop artist.
Hmm I guess that puts it into perspective. You should always gun for the number 1, but it rubs me the wrong way when people act petulant and overly defensive about falling short of it.

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm I guess that puts it into perspective. You should always gun for the number 1, but it rubs me the wrong way when people act petulant and overly defensive about falling short of it.
Totally agree. Nothing classier than a multimillionaire throwing a tantrum about not earning enough cash.

I can imagine, for folks like Nicki and Khaled, their entire careers are based on proximity to the zeitgeist. Once you're in, you're in and once you're out, that's it.

For Khaled especially, being unable to access top tier talent is a death knell for his career.

peyrin

Oct 27, 2017
California
not getting the #1 album these days is maybe more embarrassing because streaming has diminished the importance of albums to the point where like NAV can get #1. the album era is basically over as far as the charts are concerned with the exception of albums like Astroworld where every song charts

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Khaled's music has only gotten worse over time but I will always love him getting Cole kendrick and krizzle on one track sheesh

And the beat here very underrated ( I switch it off before Kodak comes in ngl)

OG Kush

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bless up lacer , appreciate the time and effort for making that post for me! Legit love this community, not sure how it would work with everyone all over the place, but inshallah a meetup would be great.

New MoStack for the summery wavy UK rap type vibes. Features from Stormzy, J Hus, Dave, and Fredo.

Last edited:

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bless up lacer , appreciate the time and effort for making that post for me! Legit love this community, not sure how it would work with everyone all over the place, but inshallah a meetup would be great.

New MoStack for the summery wavy UK rap type vibes. Features from Stormzy, J Hus, Dave, and Fredo.

hell yah homie, no problem at all. i'm more than happy to introduce someone to Dipset. salute

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
After much deliberation I've come to the difficult conclusion:

Crush is my favorite Jai Paul song

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Catvoca

Oct 25, 2017
Was chatting with someone and mentioned Jai Paul and they thought I was talking about Jake Paul 🤦‍♂️

jacket

Oct 25, 2017
YOU JUST A SQUARE WIT AN EXTRA TOP TU YOU
HOW I KNEW YOU BEFORE I EVEN MET YOU I KA-KNEW
YOU YOU KNOW WHATS UP, WE SMOKE YOU LIKE MORDA....
TURTLES ALL THE WAY DOWN, YOU A CLOWN, BE AT YA TOUR BUS (GRRRRT)
TALARICO UMBRELLA WIT THE HORSE NUTS
CIVIL WAR BUFF, YA POOR SON, NIGGA BOSS UP
JUST LIKE A TOSS UP...... THE 50-50'S AN ENFORCER
FLIP YOU LIKE DOORS UP
INDIAN NIGGAS BE BUYING TAXI CAB MEDALLIONS WIT THE CORE CUTS

tb4AFiV.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.