• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jacket

Oct 25, 2017
EVIL BEATS

Jh6KOna.gif

Deleted member 2779

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Koyaanisqatsi playing at the film fest this year, glad I held off watching it all these years.

edit: lttp on pissy pamper and immediately recognised the sample. The guitar riff would make a fire sample too but I imagine it'd be more trouble than its worth to remove the drums Icolin peyrin

Last edited:

peyrin

Oct 27, 2017
California
still need to watch Koyaanisqatsi myself, always felt like a small screen wouldn't do it justice. News From Home too

edit: lttp on pissy pamper and immediately recognised the sample. The guitar riff would make a fire sample too but I imagine it'd be more trouble than its worth to remove the drums

Mai Yamane x Pierre Bourne is the most powerful collab since Shinichiro Watanabe x Flying Lotus

Catvoca

Oct 25, 2017
I took a film class in college where they showed Koyaanisqatsi in the auditorium and it blew my mind.

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
Finally listening to Champion by NAV and it's actually good (mostly because of trav)

Kinda shocked tbh
i mean, you coulda just given him a try yourself instead of listening to people in here that hate on him as a meme πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ
Now listen to Price On My Head to witness Nav be carried again (this time by the Weeknd) on another genuine bop.
people here trying so hard not to admit they actually like Nav πŸ˜‚

Deleted member 2779

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I took a film class in college where they showed Koyaanisqatsi in the auditorium and it blew my mind.
I wish our school had a semi-decent setup for screenings, but the arts faculties have always been underfunded from what I can tell.
still need to watch Koyaanisqatsi myself, always felt like a small screen wouldn't do it justice. News From Home too
I mostly know it for Glass's score tbh, which I first found from Snyder's Watchmen lol. Say what you will about the adaptation but it knew how to use music to maximum effect!
people here trying so hard not to admit they actually like Nav πŸ˜‚
I like Nav! Call Me is a melancholic banger.

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
roamin' around queens with my bros
we ain't have no money, we was broke
police at the fucking front door

MealyMadIchneumonfly.gif

TLOP4 is fire

Koyaanisqatsi playing at the film fest this year, glad I held off watching it all these years.

edit: lttp on pissy pamper and immediately recognised the sample. The guitar riff would make a fire sample too but I imagine it'd be more trouble than its worth to remove the drums Icolin peyrin

sample goes crazy

collige

Oct 31, 2017

Yeah, with the way that's mixed, the only way you'll be able to isolate just the guitar is maybe with one of those hacky AI solutions. It would probably sound fine with some EQing and other drums just layered on top though.

That also reminds me, I should do a Pissy Pamper remix

HiResDes

Oct 25, 2017
Feeling so many albums right now:

Life of Pierre 4
Endorphins
Diaspora
Tears of Joy
Igor (Still)
Die a Legend
Long Live Mexico

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
Just in case y'all didn't know, Obrigado means thank you in Portuguese.
MadGibbs is starting the album by saying thank you.

You're welcome

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kevin Abstract in conversation with Jeremy O. Harris for GQ:

Jeremy: Was this most recent project one that you really had invested a lot in?

Kevin: I got to take the mask off, because I want to say why I did the record [Arizona Baby, his third solo albumβ€”Ed.]. And it's not rooted in pure creativity. It goes back to survival mode and me looking out for the group. Basically I have to deliver records, because I signed a record deal, which I wanted to doβ€”110 percent I wanted to do that. I enjoyed being signed.

My problem was, we lost a member from our group. Close, close, close childhood friend, traumatic experience. We put out a fourth album after the stuff, which got us a lot of hype, [and] didn't get the reaction we wanted, so it made us take a step back and made me realize maybe the group should take a break and just live life for six months. I had already released a solo record, and maybe we could just give that to the label and that would count for a record. I did want to [put out a record], but also I was burnt-out. I should not have made an album. I think the thing that saved my record is, it was vulnerable and it's honest and it's pure. But I personally don't want to make another album.
On Ameer:
Jeremy: One of the members of your group had this #MeToo thing happen. How did that disrupt the brotherhood?
Kevin: It's just like, fuck. In those moments, family was first, for sure. We spoke for hours internally, always talk, talk, talk, talk. Also that pressure makes shit move really quick. What if we wanted a little bit more time of having therapy as a friend group, and still came to the same result? The same thing happened, he still left the group, but what if we had more time to talk? That's how I feel, because I think talking is important. Even if the same thing happens, years of history with a human being, it's just insane. There for years, gone. That's not to excuse anything.
On the new dynamic:
Kevin: We've been fighting more these days, which is weird, because we never fight. Every day we wake up, we try to make something that's great. It might not stick.
I don't think I'm that good of a leader right now because I started to believe that what happened when we made our first three albums was all magic or luck. It's like, "Fuck, what am I doing?" "What am I doing?" "Am I as good as I think I am?" "Am I as good as they think I am?"
People call it impostor syndrome or whatever, but I feel like all artists have that in a way. I don't fucking know. I don't know what it is. This feeling I have, just lean into it and that'll become the work. Lean into that insecure space and being unsure. There is magic in that. If you do the same thing for 10 hours straight, you'll catch the magic. If I can't come up with a chorus immediately, I'll sit in front of the microphone for 30 minutes, an hour, until something comes. I'll force it. Through that frustration, you catch some magic, even if it's a tiny thing that doesn't make sense in that moment, maybe hours later you figure out how to put it into your work.

HiResDes

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe how good the Pierre Bourne is, it's better than any singular Carti project by far.

Last edited:

toku

ζ²’ε±±η‰Ήεˆ₯
Oct 25, 2017
Ne Monde
what are the odds that shit dropping and nobody caring like pretty much every other good signee in the last few years. Remember that dancer singer chick who signed, dropped and album? No? of course you don't.

toku

ζ²’ε±±η‰Ήεˆ₯
Oct 25, 2017
Ne Monde
I remember Kacy Hill, but not necessarily because of her music

I doubt you are alone in this

Cudi and Sean worked (Pusha too obviously) because they either had a big single they were coming off of and a following or a tape...or both. No one really brings up the Sean tapes anymore but they were big at the time. That Lemonade freestyle practically made his career too.

Deleted member 2779

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
E.coli was from 2015?? That wait would have killed me. His delivery here is something you don't hear often either, it's πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

Status
Not open for further replies.