• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
When is Culture III coming though? I thought that was supposed to be out early this year.

Also:

Probably out on Friday or something...

Or out now 👀

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
His other records are mixtapes 🤷🏼‍♂️. You can legally get 'em for free on DatPiff and he can't even put Juice on streaming because of legal issues. So technically this is his debut album, I guess.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
mixtapes have effectively been albums for like a decade or whenever it was those shook government hoes raided DJ Drama

toku

沢山特別
Oct 25, 2017
Ne Monde
i'm not too familiar with their early stuff, but Before The Dawn Heals Us is great and Saturdays = Youth has some great highs too. Hurry Up, We're Dreaming is their 'biggest' album in pretty much every sense of the word, but it didn't really work for me as much as it did for everyone else. they always had a propensity for the dramatic but it reached a level of bombast bordering on portentous that i just didn't connect with but i'm in the slim minority. Junk lives up to its name, but it's laudable for just being such a left turn into straight-up weirdoville. after three albums with a fairly logical progression in sound, they're like "let's do some weirdo EDM shit with Steve Vai" lmao

Dead Cities, Before The Dawn Heals Us are their best albums front to back. Saturdays=Youth is around when they started losing me but it has a really strong opening track so I still give it to them. Hurry Up We're Dreaming and everything after is pretty much them rolling in cash while doing the we love to score movies now and do songs to play behind teens making out to the maximum. Not a fan of that album or anything that followed it save the Oblivion score.

If you've never checked out Dead Cities, Red Seas & Lost Ghosts I'd highly recommend it. It's probably my favorite. Before the Dawn Heals Us is where they really honed in on their sound but Red Cities is like a rougher/weirder version of that. You've probably heard "Run Into Flowers" or "Unrecorded" off this before, there was a time where it was used in a few trailers in the mid aughts iirc.

Last edited:

lacer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dead Cities, Before The Dawn Heals Us are their best albums front to back. Saturdays=Youth is around when they started losing me but it has a really strong opening track so I still give it to them. Hurry Up We're Dreaming and everything after is pretty much them rolling in cash while doing the we love to score movies now and do songs to play behind teens making out to the maximum. Not a fan of that album or anything that followed it save the Oblivion score.

If you've never checked out Dead Cities, Red Seas & Lost Ghosts I'd highly recommend it. It's probably my favorite. Before the Dawn Heals Us is where they really honed in on their sound but Red Cities is like a rougher/weirder version of that. You've probably heard "Run Into Flowers" or "Unrecorded" off this before, there was a time where it was used in a few trailers in the mid aughts iirc.

you pretty much nailed my sentiments exactly lol. i'd listened to it (and the debut) a few times way back when but BTDH got it's hooks and me and i never ended up going back, i'll definitely give it a revisit. at the time i was attracted to the 'polish' of Dawn but i've wound up gravitating to more off-beat material as i get older so i'm intrigued

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
Rick Ross on the song
got the boss to Kill it
You know the boss goin bill it
Took this city and built it
I ain't mean taxes
But Other means
Different rackets
Fuelin fiends, supplying suppressors,
Always applying the pressure

Someone finish my Rick Ross song pleaae

Port of Miami 2 August 9th
Trying to get featured on it

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
88 Rising in general has been killing it.

Him working with Alchemist again is great. Fetti had some of the best production last year.

The interesting thing about the new rich Brian stuff is that I've never heard something so obviously from an immigrant perspective and also so obviously... Asian.

Most of the Asian american stuff I've heard (which isn't that much to be fair) mostly try to bury their identity as much as they can.

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
Lil Baby and DaBaby.

superthumb.jpg

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
But if we stop listening to his old shit he'd be forced to put out new music.

Did Frank even jump onto any new features this year?

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
Hot damn we got Chakras, and Bye Bye Baby.

Baby would have been amazing to hear finished.

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, speaking of Frank features:

3796cbdfb3.png

I'm not sure Frank is singing on this, or whether or not this is a writing credit like N.E.R.D.'s "Don't Don't Do It"

lacer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Chakras" is smooth but couldn't someone have closed the car door that was open through the whole song?

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.