• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
A charity basketball game did not go exactly as planned yesterday when Kanye West scored 106 points against the team of handicapped children in wheelchairs. The game was a PR move intended to smooth over the controversy that erupted this week to between Kanye and the disabled community. It all began when, at one of his concerts, West repeatedly asked wheelchaired fans to stand, and refused to apologize for his mistake afterwards. The Basketball Wheelchair Charity for Cancer Event pitted disabled middle school children against Kanye and his entourage. Kanye's team seemed hesitant to play as hard since they were not also in wheelchairs as originally planned.

Organizers said, "Both teams were supposed to be playing in wheelchairs but Kanye's camp said Mr. West would be playing the 'normal' way." The kids were initially excited to play basketball with one of their favorite musicians but once the game started, they knew it wasn't going to be fun. Eighth-grader Tommy Smith told reporters, "We play with shorter basketball hoops and he was dunking all over us. The smack talk got out of hand and some of our players started crying." Disabled sports has seen a huge increase in athletes as technology and funding has improved. With international leagues and national leagues, wheelchair basketball has become the most popular Paralympic sport. Smith, who dreams of playing in the National Wheelchair Basketball Association when he grows up, said, "He was supposed to be playing in a wheelchair too so it would be fair. I bet we would have won that way since we are used to playing like that. He told us 'Why use a chair when I can use my legs?' Our coach asked officials why he wasn't playing fair but they said that's how we was."

After a tomahawk slam dunk that sent the basketball into seventh grader Peter Hill's face, Kanye began yelling at the kid. "How do you like that? How do you like that? Sit before the great and powerful Yeezus!" One of West entourage members told him to take it "easy" on the kids but this only infuriated the 5 foot 8 hip-hop star. "Take it easy? Take it easy? Not me, not Kanye! I do everything 1,000%! You know that!" Kanye was heard yelling during a timeout. A stunned crowd continued to watch the game in the name of charity but several parents grew upset by the actions of West.

Fred Skilling, whose sixth-grade son Sam, left the court crying, took him and his friend home after the first quarter. As more parents took their children out of the game Kanye began yelling, "Quitters! Quitters! Quitters!" Followed by laughter. Another parent was heard saying, "The guy donates $5,000 and he thinks it gives him the right to do anything he wants." After the game, West told the media, "I set out to break Wilt Chamberlain's record of points in one game and that's what I did. It was for a good cause and I couldn't be happier with my play." The game ended in a score of 112 to 14. Kanye is said to have placed an order for championship rings to be made through Leon Jewelers of Beverly Hills.

Hopefully it's better than the Suspiria remake

that should be easy to do tbh

Cheddahz

Oct 25, 2017
ds2 still one of the essential rap albums of the decade. listened to that and summertime '06 all summer long back in 2015

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think I started lurking on the OG GafHop thread circa DS2's releases.

The things y'all posted then made me laugh so hard.

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Rosalia and Travis Scott on the way:

D_ymnZjXoAAO83d.jpg

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
brockhampton were right to kick ameer out but it's no coincidence that their output since it happened has been mostly middling with a few exceptions (san marcos, tonya, j'ouvert)

he was easily the best out of the group

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly think they should do the Wu-Tang thing and let each member "direct" a record.

What does Joba's version of a BH album sound like?
What about Romil?
What about HK?

I think if they allow each group member to just experiment and try new things instead of focus on making poppy things, we'd see some real interesting albums.

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
brockhampton were right to kick ameer out but it's no coincidence that their output since it happened has been mostly middling with a few exceptions (san marcos, tonya, j'ouvert)

he was easily the best out of the group
No lies detected. Ameer balanced out the rest of them so well. Feels like a piece of the puzzle is constantly missing.

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Nas song "Royalty" is the rumored lost "No Such Thing as White Jesus" with the Frank hook taken out and replaced by some other random vocalist.

Seems like Frank asked for his hook to be removed.

spx54

Mar 21, 2019
first 2 tracks on this are pretty dope

now onto the piece of shyt they had as the lead single 😂

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This Nas and The Alchemist track is so dope. The Alchemist murdered this beat: it sounds so atmospheric and full. The bass guitar in combination with that piano sample and applause samples are fantastic.

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Pop stardom comes at a cost.

Enjoy your alt-pop queen's reign while you can.

I did a Scooby-Doo whaaa head take at first but I'm super happy for her, think of all the doors that will open for her. She'll always be able to make the kind of music she loves , it's great if she gets paid paid along the way.

tyler has Ye in his top 3 kanye albums????

cancelled

Not even kidding this legit shocked me.
I have never once seen Ye held in such high esteem , anywhere, by anyone .

If we take MBDTF as his undisputed #1 ( I don't think that is a POV people would disagree/argue with, even if it wasn't their personal #1) that mean Ye gets in over 808's and Yeezus whose releases were faaaaar more impactful to the music scene (not even mentioning their actual quality ), the entire college trilogy, KSG... yea that's a helluva POV to hold.

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, I'm at the last track of "The Lost Tapes II", and I can say without a doubt, the Kanye track is the among the weakest, if not the weakest one of the whole set.

Status
Not open for further replies.