• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar

Not even kidding this legit shocked me.
I have never once seen Ye held in such high esteem , anywhere, by anyone .

If we take MBDTF as his undisputed #1 ( I don't think that is a POV people would disagree/argue with, even if it wasn't their personal #1) that mean Ye gets in over 808's and Yeezus whose releases were faaaaar more impactful to the music scene (not even mentioning their actual quality ), the entire college trilogy, KSG... yea that's a helluva POV to hold.

the only ppl i see stanning ye are white kids

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018

UGH, THIS SHIT SOUNDS SO GOOD. IT'S LIKE "ZULU SCREAMS".

I've let my disdain for these Disney remakes cloud the fact that I really like Beyoncé as a singer ( heck I was one of the 4 people who really liked Everything is Love ) so thanks for this reminder. I Ann also 10000% in for the African music vibes in these songs and interludes , straight into my veins

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've let my disdain for these Disney remakes cloud the fact that I really like Beyoncé as a singer ( heck I was one of the 4 people who really liked Everything is Love ) so thanks for this reminder.
The album, for what its worth, isn't bad. It is very afrobeat-influenced and it does draw from the same well of inspiration that Kendrick used for "Black Panther". But, it is competently put together with some good pop tracks scattered through out it. It's solid, but nothing spectacular.

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In case you forgot who Griselda was signed to...

It has all the traits of a modern Eminem verse:
  • Having sex with a female popstar
  • Butt jokes
  • Shoving something up a butt
  • Name-dropping 90s hip-hop stars
  • Mentioning how he's killed careers
It just sounds so awkward compared to Conway's verse.

Catvoca

Oct 25, 2017
Escobar delivered

giphy.gif

Lost Tapes 2 is dope. It sounds like what it is, a collection of random unreleased songs of varying quality, rather than the non-stop classics that made up the first Lost Tapes, but it's still got so much good shit on it.

Lost Freestyle in particular is some classic Nas shit.

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
so, how's Lost Tapes 2? gonna check it out later. just bumped Lost Tapes the other day again and i maintain it's Top 3 Nas.

Catvoca

Oct 25, 2017
We call this a hip-hop thread but everyone in here is talking about some washed up old man's b-sides and not the new Iggy Azalea album?

It's bad

Net_Wrecker

Oct 25, 2017
Lost Tapes II is surprisingly solid. Not much I would call essential on here, but solid. Main takeaway is that the world needs a full Pete Rock + Nas album, which has been obvious since 1994, but c'mon fam.

How "Beautiful Life" got left off what I'm assuming to be Life Is Good I'll never understand.

Illithid Dude

Oct 26, 2017
suspiria remake a hard 6.5/10. the collective guilt aspects really weights the plot down.

the cranes are flying (now playing at the film forum) on the other hand...

Inkvoterad

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As a huge horror movie fan, with the original Suspiria at the top of my list,
I wish I could agree with you.

Saw it in theaters, enjoyed it for what it was, but I have no interest in ever revisiting it. Maybe a 7 at the most for me

Big fan of the original too, def one of the most visually intriguing movies ever, and the soundtrack "chefs kiss"

Deleted member 2779

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
hell yeah. hit you with the follow back. jealous of that parasite log.

hip hop era x letterboxd is the collab i've been waiting for
I was v pleasantly surprised by how quickly it got snatched up for cinemas where I'm at, the win it got at cannes really boosted the hell out of it. I've seen it twice now heh and felt the same way I did the first viewing: just as funny, just as tense.

Catvoca

Oct 25, 2017
I'm working my way through David Lynch's films while reading Room to Dream. It's a fantastic book if you're a Lynch fan

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
Listening to the Conway track. lol when eminem comes on the song it turns into another circus beat. what is wrong with him?

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Straight up God level is better then almost all of the leaks.
If that's the case, then the leaks must be a special kind of shit.

The God Level leak sounds disjointed, scattered, and just completely mediocre. The drums are nice but the song's structure is all over the place and the cuts between samples is jarring. It's clear this is unfinished and very raw.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
I still can't believe what Eminem did to this Conway song. I'm so happy Conway wasn't with that circus music shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.