• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Inkvoterad

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
feel like im pretty done with JID, he's generally always the worst part on collab tracks, and just about everything i hear from him is the same fast rap shtick.

hasta luego is quite fuego though

CoolOff

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I like how this thread collectively turned on JID on a dime.

I don't disagree though, I rarely find myself going back to his album, even the tracks I loved at first.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
I mean dicaprio 2 is still good even if JID isn't a good feature artist.

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Are all of these Kanye leaks out and consolidated somewhere?

Rocky instantly becomes a legend if he says " Fuck that shit keep me in prison to ride this shit out I don't want anything from Trump" Let's see if he's built that way
This is where I'm at. I think he's built like that, TBH, but he may not have a choice in this matter.

What an awful timeline, seriously.

UGH, THIS SHIT SOUNDS SO GOOD. IT'S LIKE "ZULU SCREAMS".

Media won't load for me, what is this?

EDIT: Nvm finally loaded. Guess I gotta check out this Beyonce album because Zulu Screams is up there as a SOTY contender TBH.

RedEye

Oct 25, 2017
feel like im pretty done with JID, he's generally always the worst part on collab tracks, and just about everything i hear from him is the same fast rap shtick.

hasta luego is quite fuego though
i like all of jids features but i can see some one not feeling his flow after a while

i wish hed get in his melodic bag more

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm done with JID lyrical miracle fast rapping. The squekey ass voice just sounds grating to me now.

Honestly with his voice alone I don't see him breaking out big.

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
I wasn't going to chime in on the JID hate train but now that someone officially called it out, I gotta say y'all are some haters LOL

The man has come out with one of the best albums of last year and been on Dreamville features with a few other features out of that scope and y'all are already done with him.

Had no idea Era was so easily flow triggered.

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
SO LET'S GET TOO HIGH, GET TOO HIGH AGAIN
rejoice.png

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
Not even kidding this legit shocked me.
I have never once seen Ye held in such high esteem , anywhere, by anyone .

If we take MBDTF as his undisputed #1 ( I don't think that is a POV people would disagree/argue with, even if it wasn't their personal #1) that mean Ye gets in over 808's and Yeezus whose releases were faaaaar more impactful to the music scene (not even mentioning their actual quality ), the entire college trilogy, KSG... yea that's a helluva POV to hold.

followup

D_5Gs3xXYAE6XzX.jpg

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018

Ahh, yea 10000% the difference between "favorite" and "best". Biggest one in recent memory for me was TPAB vs. GKMC. By the end of TPAB I recognized I had heard an artist at his absolute peak while acknowledging that I'll probably play GKMC 10x more overall. I then fell in love with Jazz and now it's the exact opposite lol.
It's nice hearing late registration love , still remember yhat Curtis Mayfield sample hitting my Dad and the "dafuq this is rap??" look on his face

Net_Wrecker

Oct 25, 2017
Some of y'all just have to admit you don't like rappin ass rappers, because talking about range/versatility when I've seen your top 10s every year 🤔🤔🤔

😏

T-Money

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
Your top 2 fav Kanye albums vs your top 2 fav Kendrick albums, what wins?

Late Registration & Yeezus vs GKMC & TPaB

I'll take Kendrick.

Deleted member 2779

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I checked out my discover weekly for the first time in yonks and found a cool Spanish track with Kevin Abstract. I haven't gone through the full project yet but it's chill, polished hiphop with some autotune embellishments.

Your top 2 fav Kanye albums vs your top 2 fav Kendrick albums, what wins?

Late Registration & Yeezus vs GKMC & TPaB

I'll take Kendrick.
Real.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017

Never thought I'd see them together again. I can't explain how happy this makes me. Also, Pete sounds as crispy as ever. I need more and more from these two.

Week 2 of Elzhi's old catalog hitting streaming services, with his own Lost Tapes (97-04):

Dilla, Alchemist, Kareem Riggins, Wajeed, Black Milk, and Young RJ on beats.

"Love it Here" is still the greatest. RIP Dilla.

Blackthorn

Oct 26, 2017
London
Lack of range/versatility is his biggest problem, and what separates him from people like Kendrick.
1: I don't believe you've given JID more than a cursory listen if you believe that. JID's biggest weakness so far is not tying his songs into a cohesive project.
2: Comparing any rapper to an artist who is widely considered the greatest in their craft is going to result in them coming up short.

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Kevin confirms the album is delayed:
Before this interview takes place, it's suggested (politely) that not asking about the new album would be for the best. Evidently, its release was expected to coincide with a summer full of shows… but things didn't quite pan out that way, leaving Kevin little time to continue working on it during this schedule. Afterwards, he would tell the crowd at the O2: "We'll be back very soon, and with a bunch of new songs to play" – prompting fans to deconstruct what exactly "very soon" could mean.

Makes sense, Kevin might've rushed to get a new thing out before playing some of the world's biggest stages.

Status
Not open for further replies.