• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
mgs4 is the most contrived and stupid game of all time

and it's also one of my favourites because of that

mgs2 the best mgs imo tho

MGSV and MGS2 are my favorites but I've been thinking about playing MGS4 again recently because I'm wondering how it would hold up.

anyway morning soundtrack

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If I weren't broke, I'd 100% buy a PS4 Pro for Control. Honestly, it captured my imagination from the moment it was revealed.

CoolOff

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Man I'm catching a serious second wind of Brockhampton fandom. I need to learn not to write out album reactions after only hearing them 1-2 times. The fact that we got 3 high quality young energy Saturations, and that they drop something as mature and creative as this only two years after...

We stan.

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Savage's manager posted this on instagram:

3ILkMTK_d.jpg

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
Man I'm catching a serious second wind of Brockhampton fandom. I need to learn not to write out album reactions after only hearing them 1-2 times. The fact that we got 3 high quality young energy Saturations, and that they drop something as mature and creative as this only two years after...

We stan.
Good album, they still write like 18 year old me, but that's not a huge negative in this case.

Deleted member 2779

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Charli album out, do I wait until Sunday to listen to it while zooming round? 🤔 If there was any justice I'd hear it in the clubs this weekend but I know better than to get my hopes up

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit jpegmafia's new album is so good.

He managed to hit a new melodic sounds whole still being Peggy.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Rosalia cover story on THE FACE:
The whole world is thirsting for 25-year-old Rosalía Vila Tobella right now. Beyoncé sent her a personal invitation to the London Lion King premiere, famed film director Pedro Almódovar cast her alongside Penélope Cruz in Pain and Glory and her songs have soundtracked the wildly popular teen HBO show Euphoria. Shawn Mendes says she's the one artist he wants to work with, stans are begging her to collaborate with Camila Cabello and the internet freaked out when it discovered BlackPink's Jennie listens to her music. Some of The xx attended her London gig, Wizkid is chatting to her on Insta and she's been pictured with Travis Scott. She's already made magic with J Balvin, has been working with Arca and has recorded with Billie Eilish ("We've been experimenting and enjoying in the studio together").

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Right now top 3 of the year.

1. Tyler the Creator - Igor
2. JPEGmafia - All My Heroes are Cornballs
3. Madgibbs - Bandana

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017

If I weren't broke, I'd 100% buy a PS4 Pro for Control. Honestly, it captured my imagination from the moment it was revealed.
I've insanely overloaded with work right now but I think I'm going to treat myself with Control once I get some reprieve in October. Will somehow be my first Remedy game, although I want to get around to Alan Wake eventually.

We stan.
I can't believe it but I can't stop listening to the album. So many great, like, vocal moments on some funky beats. A lot of range from Bearface too.

It's stellar, super-consistent, far and away their best project, and honestly one of my favourite projects of the year. Not stan territory here yet, but I think when they can reel in Joba a bit, they can create a nice tapestry of different artists on the same song. Joba is kind of like a really overpowering spice. Too much and it kind of ruins the rest, but he's mostly good on here.

Good album, they still write like 18 year old me, but that's not a huge negative in this case.
I thought about this a lot today and BROCKHAMPTON really is like Linkin Park++. Angsty teenager music that's still pretty fire but sometimes the juvenile content takes you out of it from time to time.

Savage's manager posted this on instagram:

3ILkMTK_d.jpg
In

Dec 18, 2017
I'm so fucking happy with the new Peggy, motherfuck yes, one of my AotY contenders. Also the new Alchemist and Kindness records were both schlappers.

CoolOff

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I mean I like her music and she's good looking, but it seems like some of you guys are obsessing over Rosalía for reasons beyond that. Can someone fill me in?

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean I like her music and she's good looking, but it seems like some of you guys are obsessing over Rosalía for reasons beyond that. Can someone fill me in?
She makes underground art-pop and her voice is incredibly good and unique. Hell, she sings a bit in the new Almodovar movie's trailer and I instantly recognized it.

She & El Guincho are to Latin Pop as Charli XCX & PC Music were to Western Pop

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
JPEG and Charli XCX tonight. Most importantly though, a new Alex G record 🙌🏻
I can't believe it but I can't stop listening to the album. So many great, like, vocal moments on some funky beats. A lot of range from Bearface too.

It's stellar, super-consistent, far and away their best project, and honestly one of my favourite projects of the year. Not stan territory here yet, but I think when they can reel in Joba a bit, they can create a nice tapestry of different artists on the same song. Joba is kind of like a really overpowering spice. Too much and it kind of ruins the rest, but he's mostly good on here.

I thought about this a lot today and BROCKHAMPTON really is like Linkin Park++. Angsty teenager music that's still pretty fire but sometimes the juvenile content takes you out of it from time to time.
Pretty good comparison, still decidedly more "poppy" than Linkin. I will say Bearface is always getting used in the right ways in these songs, somehow his weird ass croony-autotuned-filtered ass voice works. They did a good job of changing Joba on Born Again, he's actually a bit of a highlight there.

Deleted member 2779

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
aite yall remember how we talked about listening to music in the car? The new Charli DEMANDS to be listened in the whip from track one it fucken SLaps

On a diff note Im finally getting into D'Angelo and I'm appreciating the different woodwinds he uses

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This Peggy is real weird but I'm digging it. Definitely need to listen to it before, but 0/10 for no ResetERA hip-hop thread mentions.

Status
Not open for further replies.