• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spx54

Mar 21, 2019
that new Danny album

savage nomad
damn.png

the title track
damn.png

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's hard to place my Danny Brown ranking after this. Feel like each has such a different vibe it goes for.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
Danny's got some hilarious bars on this.

"Your bitch like a leech on my scrotum
Ho tried to kill the dick, strangled them and choked 'em
After she was done I looked down at my penis
Like, she really ain't mean it"

💀

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
So far we got the green songs. The red songs are missing.

The Storm ft. Ty$ & XXXTentacion
New Body ft. Ty$ & Nicki Minaj

Bye Bye Baby
I Love It ft. Lil Pump
(Final release and demo)
Hurricane (Old version with Ant Clemons on the hook in stead of Ye, like the officially released snippet)
Alien ft. Ant Clemons/SpaceX (Probably 2 songs like City and Garden, not sure)
Last Name
City In The Sky ft. 070 Shake, Ty$, Pardison Fontaine, Kid Cudi & The-Dream/Garden
We Got Love ft. Teyana Taylor (We have a near CDQ version from the Teyana release party (Teyana solo), and a live performance from SNL (Kanye x Teyana)
Chakras ft. Ant Clemons

OG Yandhi is almost upon us!

Chakras is reworked into Use This Gospel ft. Clipse on Jesus is King. Lyrics are changed, but the production is largely the same from what we've heard. It also appears to feature Kenny G.
I think the other songs don't show up on Jesus is King, but I'm not sure. New Body was scrapped and I haven't listened to other recordings from the listening sessions.

Last edited:

jacket

Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

BAHDIES BITCH, MAKE THAT BAHDY FLIP
YOU KNOW I DON'T KNOW KARAHTE, BITCH
WE CHOPPIN' BAHDIES, BITCH
THEY SAY SHOOTIN' IS MY HAHBBY, BITCH
AND I'M A PRAHBLEM, KID
WALK UP ON HIM WIV WAHVOLVAHS
I AIN'T WITH THAT TALKIN' SHIT

tenor.gif

AND I'M DOWN TO CATCH A BAHDY, BITCH, HIT THAT HOMMY SWITCH
AND I BET THAT ALL THESE HOLLOW TIPS GON' MAKE HIS BAHDY TWITCH
BUT IF I HIT YOU WITH THE SHAHTTY, BITCH, I BET THAT BAHDY FLIP
RASHA CAUGHT HIM WITH THEM ZOMBIE TIPS AND MADE HIS BAHDY SPIN
YOU NIGGAS LEAP, YOU FEELIN' FROGGY, BITCH, MY NIGGAS DOGGIES, BITCH
RUN UP ON HIM WITH THAT FORTY, BITCH AND GO RETAAAHDED, BITCH

FUCK YA FEELINGS, AIN'T NO SORRIES, BITCH, NO SORRIES, BITCH
SHOOT THAT NIGGA AND HIS SHORTY, BITCH, SHORTY, BITCH
BAHDIES, BAHDIES, BAHDIES, B--

I'll get back to you soon

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
marvel stans trying to discredit martin scorsese is beautiful to watch

So far we got the green songs. The red songs are missing.

The Storm ft. Ty$ & XXXTentacion
New Body ft. Ty$ & Nicki Minaj

Bye Bye Baby
I Love It ft. Lil Pump
(Final release and demo)
Hurricane (Old version with Ant Clemons on the hook in stead of Ye, like the officially released snippet)
Alien ft. Ant Clemons/SpaceX (Probably 2 songs like City and Garden, not sure)
Last Name
City In The Sky ft. 070 Shake, Ty$, Pardison Fontaine, Kid Cudi & The-Dream/Garden
We Got Love ft. Teyana Taylor (We have a near CDQ version from the Teyana release party (Teyana solo), and a live performance from SNL (Kanye x Teyana)
Chakras ft. Ant Clemons

OG Yandhi is almost upon us!

Chakras is reworked into Use This Gospel ft. Clipse on Jesus is King. Lyrics are changed, but the production is largely the same from what we've heard. It also appears to feature Kenny G.
I think the other songs don't show up on Jesus is King, but I'm not sure. New Body was scrapped and I haven't listened to other recordings from the listening sessions.

i love it was on the album???? yuck

Catvoca

Oct 25, 2017
Billy Woods really dropped two top 10 hip-hop albums this year. Terror Management is dope. There's a lot of different sounds on here but it all flows together so well

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Also; I love how Ye (or whoever wrote it on the whiteboard) misspelled his own album name as Yhandi. But it did appear in an episode of KUWTK so it's 100% real.

Jd4aIlF.jpg

HiResDes

Oct 25, 2017
Girlfriend of 7 years and mother of my child is moving out today and I'm helping. Thought I was over her but it's definitely getting to me, but then I get an alert on my phone that a new Danny Brown album has released...And suddenly a crack of light peers through my void... Please let this album be great.

OG Kush

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Girlfriend of 7 years and mother of my child is moving out today and I'm helping. Thought I was over her but it's definitely getting to me, but then I get an alert on my phone that a new Danny Brown album has released...And suddenly a crack of light peers through my void... Please let this album be great.
Stay strong brother. its natural to have emotional connections to something you were with for 7 years. We are humans are the end of the day. i've been banging your Memo Rap soundcloud playlist today... more of somber mood myself.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Sending the vibes your way brodie. Stay up.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
I'm not quite there yet but it's up there.

I'm going to show my basic bitch self here but the list so far:

1. Igor
2. All my Heroes are cornballs
3. uknowhatimsayin?
4. Bandana

uhhhhh gotta look back to fill out the rest.

Is there some sort of hidden tier of AOTY I'm unaware of because I don't think anyone would call these basic they're all great.

marvel stans trying to discredit martin scorsese is beautiful to watch

i love it was on the album???? yuck

One of the worst threads I've ever seen on here ( that wasn't dealing with a serious topic). Imagine having that conversation real life and seeing someone childishly go at Marty over Marvel films. You wouldn't see it, that person would get laughed off.

Super fun song, lessgo

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
people who were at the kanye listening events saying the JIK imax film has serious terrence malick vibes, in

film >>>>>>>> album

One of the worst threads I've ever seen on here ( that wasn't dealing with a serious topic). Imagine having that conversation real life and seeing someone childishly go at Marty over Marvel films. You wouldn't see it, that person would get laughed off.

these people are so diehard for fucking brands and corporations, absolutely delusional stuff lol

best thing is celebrating monopolization

cb1115

Oct 25, 2017
Danny Brown album is fantastic

and the beat on "Combat," holy shit. Q-Tip is ludicrously talented

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Scorsese a GOAT contender, but if you replace Marvel with anything else it's still an idiotic and pretentious statement.

Then again, being a pretentious hack is kind of the mark of GOAT contenders. Nolan, Tarantino, Spielberg, and Cameron all have their own versions of those statements (not at Marvel, except maybe Tarantino, IIRC, at Disney).

We forgive you, king. Keep those blessings coming.

peyrin

Oct 27, 2017
California
scorsese's statement is 100% correct but he definitely kinda lucked into it, the man may be a genius but he's still a boomer. an ERA thread on it sounds like one of the most cursed things of all time

new danny is a top 5 oty for sure, cartie curt was a complete unknown and delivered a madlib-tier beat. whew

WOW I wasn't looking at the tracklist while listening and I totally thought it was Pharrell not Jpegmafia on Negro Spiritual, holy shit.

same [2]

Net_Wrecker

Oct 25, 2017
Why is anyone even acting like arthouse/high brow directors criticizing everything other than their work is new news. That whole thread should read up on how dudes used to talk about each other in the 60s/70s. Art vs. escapism will never stop being a thing.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
people who were at the kanye listening events saying the JIK imax film has serious terrence malick vibes, in

film >>>>>>>> album

these people are so diehard for fucking brands and corporations, absolutely delusional stuff lol

best thing is celebrating monopolization
it is hilarious watching people minimize one of the most heralded filmmakers on the planet, living or dead, in order to prop up one of the most flagrant, profit-driven companies on the planet. Disney's biggest accomplishment in the last decade and a half isn't the MCU, it isn't acquiring like half of all entertainment companies, it's successfully rehabbing their image into what it is today. somehow people think Bob Iger is a good dude now

Illithid Dude

Oct 26, 2017
Marvel films are not just art, but anti-culture. They are undermining the very concept of film and destroying theatrical viewership on a potentially permanent level.

Cape Fear sucks tho.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
Hang in there Des. Hope you do love the album 👍🏻
it is hilarious watching people minimize one of the most heralded filmmakers on the planet, living or dead, in order to prop up one of the most flagrant, profit-driven companies on the planet. Disney's biggest accomplishment in the last decade and a half isn't the MCU, it isn't acquiring like half of all entertainment companies, it's successfully rehabbing their image into what it is today. somehow people think Bob Iger is a good dude now
Talk to them Lacer.

Illithid Dude

Oct 26, 2017
And it's not like Scorsese doesn't make films for the masses. He's not some niche arthouse director. Hugo is just as accessible as any Marvel movie. The only difference is Hugo has craft and charm and wit and a sense of perspective. Marvel movies are like Raisin Bran, hold the milk.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And it's not like Scorsese doesn't make films for the masses. He's not some niche arthouse director. Hugo is just as accessible as any Marvel movie. The only difference is Hugo has craft and charm and wit and a sense of perspective. Marvel movies are like Raisin Bran, hold the milk.
that's the real crime of these things imo. they're all solidly average, watchable but fairly unnoteworthy efforts, which people seem to mistake for quality and assume that consistency is what gets people to keep showing up. but DC movies are fucking all over the map and those things do gangbusters time and again, hell Sony farted out a Venom movie that everyone here hated to the tune of like a billion dollars - clearly people are just showing up for the name, so why not take a chance on some weirdo shit? but oh no, looks like Lord and Miller might accidentally make a Star Wars movie with a marginal amount of personality, god forbid. better kick them to curb and get the safest possible director instead and then release it like six months after the last tentpole installment, that sure panned out for them

peyrin

Oct 27, 2017
California
Marvel films are not just art, but anti-culture. They are undermining the very concept of film and destroying theatrical viewership on a potentially permanent level.

this is imo what makes this latest onslaught of the superhero genre much more harmful than the usual existence of pop movies. the brand loyalty has successfully forced these movies into cinema discourse and it 1) leaves little to no room for actual creators and 2) damages overall perception of what makes a good acclaimed film. I know critics and the academy are useless but it's undeniable they shape popular perception of prestige cinema and look at how they're both terrified of laying down any criticism of these movies. I dunno I want to be optimistic but late-stage capitalism has a chokehold on the artform and I don't see a way out in the near future. not when shit like the lifeless lion king remake can make a billion dollars

also, barring a few exceptions, does anyone really expect any of these to hold up even a decade from now? especially stuff like endgame that was literally marketed as a cultural phenomenon. marty's comparisons to theme parks is truly nail on the head

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Oh wow look at that a bunch of level headed posts on a "nerd" topic sans rage, name calling, irrationality ... well done y'all . I wish this was possible outside of hangouts

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, I like Marvel movies for what they are and I like art-y films for what they are. I'm not going to say "Endgame is better than anything in Scorsese's filmography" because 1) that statement is inherently ridiculous and 2) these are different films with two different purposes: one is meant to make the GDP of a small country for a corporation and the other is an artistic statement. Can these two purposes intertwine? Of course. Does that mean we should compare these types of films against one another? Hell no. I think Marty has a point, especially when he says this: "It isn't the cinema of human beings trying to convey emotional, psychological experiences to another human being.""

I think they try, but there's too much on the line for a ~$300 blockbuster to display something nuanced, something that cannot come across simply to an audience. When I go to a Marvel movie, I don't expect meditations on life, deep dives into the human experience, or anything covered in the realm of arthouse cinema. I'm there to see the spectacle of Spider-Man in his Iron Spider armor hanging on to the Infinity Gauntlet as he speeds towards Iron Man as the rest of the Avengers fight around him. I'm there for the spectacle and the glorious nerdiness of it all.

That being said, these movies have truly moved people and to insult their feelings about it ain't right. In the same vein, if I see one Marvel motherfucker dissing Marty's work, I'm gonna blow a gasket.
I mean if a corporation stan came in here id probably call them names until they left
SMH, the anime avatar cyberbullying folks.

peyrin

Oct 27, 2017
California
I'm there to see the spectacle of Spider-Man in his Iron Spider armor hanging on to the Infinity Gauntlet as he speeds towards Iron Man as the rest of the Avengers fight around him. I'm there for the spectacle and the glorious nerdiness of it all.

sure, but cinema isn't an infinite resource. the more we feed into the perception that this is prestige cinema, the less discourse and budget is available is for actual creators like scorsese. could an auteur like scorsese even achieve the success that he did in today's cinema climate? im not so sure. and we're already seeing some of the effects of this, with television rapidly becoming an equally prominent medium for prestige projects and auteurs

SMH, the anime avatar cyberbullying folks.

reclaiming anime avatars one leftist at a time

Status
Not open for further replies.