• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jacket

Oct 25, 2017
hEXWmEu.gif

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
WHO THE FUCK DO I TALK TO ABOUT PARASITE. HOLY SHIT.
Blew my mind when I heard the house was a set created for the movie. Amazing movie can't wait to see it again
RIGHT?

I honestly thought the Cannes reviews overstated the themes of the film and what it would touch upon, but no, Bong Joon-Ho literally talks about everything the critics mentioned AND HE DOES IT SO WELL.

FUCK, that movie is good.
yeah, Parasite was so good. only other movie i saw this year was Burning (also Korean) which was fantastic too.

CosmicDreams

Jan 7, 2018
Hey Era! I'm an OG member and hip-hop artist from the old site that used to post old songs and content with members before I migrated here with most of you in Oct. 2017. I haven't posted here in a while but i've been working my ass off trying to improve as an artist and on Friday after 2 years, I finally released my new music video!

It'd be dope if any of you have time to check it out. Worked very hard with my team to make something dope for Era:

If you're digging it, please subscribe to my channel and stay in touch on any of my social media pages! Links are in the description.

ALSO... I just dropped my newest album to go with the music video. It's called "Majestic Sun" which is right here if anyone is interested and wants to hear some new music this month. Enjoy. Here's a Spotify, Tidal & Apple Music link. Produced, Written, and Performed by me.

Much love. I'd love to see what y'all think. - E

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also, this new Panda Bear single kinda bangs:

EDIT: Found this album on Bandcamp. It's trap with a heavy focus on autotuned melodies and atmospheric hazy instrumentals. It's neat.

Last edited:

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Another €41 for 2 7" records that I won't receive until 2022... Fuck you, Frank. Just drop them all at once so I don't have to pay a million bucks for shipping everytime.

Last edited:

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Hey Era! I'm an OG member and hip-hop artist from the old site that used to post old songs and content with members before I migrated here with most of you in Oct. 2017. I haven't posted here in a while but i've been working my ass off trying to improve as an artist and on Friday after 2 years, I finally released my new music video!

It'd be dope if any of you have time to check it out. Worked very hard with my team to make something dope for Era:

If you're digging it, please subscribe to my channel and stay in touch on any of my social media pages! Links are in the description.

ALSO... I just dropped my newest album to go with the music video. It's called "Majestic Sun" which is right here if anyone is interested and wants to hear some new music this month. Enjoy. Here's a Spotify, Tidal & Apple Music link. Produced, Written, and Performed by me.

Much love. I'd love to see what y'all think. - E

The song in the video is quite nice, but the mixing is pretty bad. Not Kanye levels bad, but it sounds a bit flat and your vocal kinda floats on top of the beat in stead of it sounding like a whole, if that makes sense. Mixing and mastering truly is as important as the song itself and it can really take your music to the next level. I know mixing can be pretty expensive (I think we pay €300-350 a song at our label), luckily mastering usually is cheaper (we pay around €50 a song at one of the best mastering engineers of our country), but it really is worth it to give your music that professional edge. I'd advise you to stay away from those mixing and mastering for $30 sites, since all they do is run some presets over your track that aren't catered to your song at all. Find some engineers who fit your sound and can elevate your music to the next level.

For the song itself; maybe add some more vocals. Most of the song sounds like it's just one vocal track with some minor adlibs here and there. Add another vocal track in places. Maybe try harmonizing some of the bars. Sonically your vocals don't really have depth right now.

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
I love Frank but I can't be spending around $100 for four 7" vinyls.
I bought 1 of 4, took my $30 L and I'm good.

$30 for a 2 minute song, smdh In My Room

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
I love Frank but I can't be spending around $100 for four 7" vinyls.
I bought 1, took my $30 L and I'm good.

$15+ for a 2 minute song, smdh
To be fair, both Blonde and Endless are worth a pretty penny now. I bought all 4 7's, but only because I know they won't lose their value, for if I ever want to sell them again.

I received an extra copy of Blonde because my first one was damaged in transit, so I sold the damaged copy to another Frank fan for half, but I'm still kicking myself everytime I check discogs haha. Cheapest on discogs right now is $550 excl shipping. I paid €80 (around $90).

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
also ppl who sell records on discogs for insane markups are giant pieces of shit. be glad you can't be a giant peice of shit

Catvoca

Oct 25, 2017
The more I listen to this Earl the more I like it. I feel like it unfolds itself a little bit more with each listen. Reading the lyrics along with it really made it click.

CosmicDreams

Jan 7, 2018
The song in the video is quite nice, but the mixing is pretty bad. Not Kanye levels bad, but it sounds a bit flat and your vocal kinda floats on top of the beat in stead of it sounding like a whole, if that makes sense. Mixing and mastering truly is as important as the song itself and it can really take your music to the next level. I know mixing can be pretty expensive (I think we pay €300-350 a song at our label), luckily mastering usually is cheaper (we pay around €50 a song at one of the best mastering engineers of our country), but it really is worth it to give your music that professional edge. I'd advise you to stay away from those mixing and mastering for $30 sites, since all they do is run some presets over your track that aren't catered to your song at all. Find some engineers who fit your sound and can elevate your music to the next level.

For the song itself; maybe add some more vocals. Most of the song sounds like it's just one vocal track with some minor adlibs here and there. Add another vocal track in places. Maybe try harmonizing some of the bars. Sonically your vocals don't really have depth right now.

I actually worked with an engineer in the music industry on this album. I live in Los Angeles, dude has some credentials. As for how much I spent on this project, well, it was kind of a lot but I did some shopping around with other industry engineers and their rates were completely stupid for my current budget. This is my 3rd project so i've been around for a while.

To be honest, I'm not the biggest fan of extra ad-libs on songs since i've heard successful songs like "God's Plan". "Sad!" or "What They Want", so that was my idea in the studio when we recorded this song. I WAS, however, reconsidering when listening back on a few songs off my new album. Try giving this song a chance -- we're looking to push this single next off the album. It's sort of going in the direction you were talking about! But thanks for listening! I'll keep everything you mentioned in mind for the future.

CoolOff

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Hottake with some distance from the release, Astroworld is worse than DBR, Rodeo, and Birds in the Trap.

CoolOff

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
eh, not that hot imo

birds has been aging way better than astro so far

Both Rodeo and Birds have MC scores in the mid-60s with Astroworld at 85, and even if it needs to be taken with a mountain of salt that still says something of the overall view on his discography.

Astro really isn't ageing well.

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
To be fair, both Blonde and Endless are worth a pretty penny now. I bought all 4 7's, but only because I know they won't lose their value, for if I ever want to sell them again.
But that I understand, as those are albums. I guess I have a weird feeling about buying overpriced singles in general

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
Both Rodeo and Birds have MC scores in the mid-60s with Astroworld at 85, and even if it needs to be taken with a mountain of salt that still says something of the overall view on his discography.

Astro really isn't ageing well.
To each their own; still throw Astro on a couple times a week. Album is a mood and a half.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
I actually worked with an engineer in the music industry on this album. I live in Los Angeles, dude has some credentials. As for how much I spent on this project, well, it was kind of a lot but I did some shopping around with other industry engineers and their rates were completely stupid for my current budget. This is my 3rd project so i've been around for a while.

To be honest, I'm not the biggest fan of extra ad-libs on songs since i've heard successful songs like "God's Plan". "Sad!" or "What They Want", so that was my idea in the studio when we recorded this song. I WAS, however, reconsidering when listening back on a few songs off my new album. Try giving this song a chance -- we're looking to push this single next off the album. It's sort of going in the direction you were talking about! But thanks for listening! I'll keep everything you mentioned in mind for the future.
I don't know man. Maybe his mixing just doesn't work for your sound, but to me the vocal sounds hollow. In the end all that matters is if you're happy with how it sounds though :). I'm going to check out the rest of your work for sure, but I haven't had the time yet. This is just based on the single you posted.

The new single sounds like it has a bit more body to it vocal wise, so I quite like that, but here I feel the percussion is lacking weight and depth. The song itself is great though! And I like the lyricvideo and the concept of it (I saw you did the same thing with Chances and Wildflower, which I like. Female vocals on Wildflower is a great touch). Keep it up for sure. And keep in mind this is just my opinion. Maybe someone else in the thread could weigh in as well.

CosmicDreams

Jan 7, 2018
I don't know man. Maybe his mixing just doesn't work for your sound, but to me the vocal sounds hollow. In the end all that matters is if you're happy with how it sounds though :). I'm going to check out the rest of your work for sure, but I haven't had the time yet. This is just based on the single you posted.

The new single sounds like it has a bit more body to it vocal wise, so I quite like that, but here I feel the percussion is lacking weight and depth. The song itself is great though! And I like the lyricvideo and the concept of it (I saw you did the same thing with Chances and Wildflower, which I like. Female vocals on Wildflower is a great touch). Keep it up for sure. And keep in mind this is just my opinion. Maybe someone else in the thread could weigh in as well.

I completely see where you're coming from though! I will definitely take time to improve even more and make better music. Would be dope if I became one of your favorite artists one day. Heh.

But anwyays, thank you so much for your input. I'm a little obsessed with creating really good music before AND after i'm officially in the industry so your honest input is super appreciated. Thank you for also listening to my songs! 3 albums in and there's still so much growth to be had. I hope you stay in touch with me.

collige

Oct 31, 2017
CosmicDreams I would agree that there's mixing issues with Chances. To me, it feels like they're too loud in the mix and have a bit too much mid-highs. It also doesn't help that both the vocals and main synth are mono as far as stereo imaging goes. I like the track though, very Drake-esque.

HiResDes

Oct 25, 2017
Damn just peeped the Lil Peep EP, really makes so salty, he was destined for even greater things...Writes more heartfelt songs than 90 percent of the emo pads from the aughts.

Sadsic

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey

The beat just sounds like it needs like 1.5x more compression really - everything sounds pretty good otherwise imo

also i mix and master and make beats if you ever want any other options, and i'd prolly do it cheaper than anyone in LA lol

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I lost my samurai
I feel like a f**ing ronin
And now my only friends are Despot and Makonnen
Gonna spend the Fall buying jackets at the mall
Gonna spend the winter f**ing frozen in a crystal ball
Went to the Hamptons and I thought I was the man
'Til Mary-Kate said my Ray Bans were off-brand
I kept my mouth shut and I shook Sarkozy's hand
Spit in the ocean, stole a handful of his sand
Damn, damn

I love how unbearably white Ezra's verse is. His verse shops at Anthropologie and owns multiple boat shoes. His verse is the aural equivalent of a Noah Baumbach movie.

And it fucking rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.