• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Parasite or The Lighthouse?

both isn't an option
"Parasite". Having seen "The Lighthouse", the cinematography and style of the film is great. I just think that its a bit weak when it came to using those two to talk themes. It's really interesting, but part of my reluctance to rate it higher is just how inscrutable the film's message is.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
People on reddit are saying something like the wailing has similar vibes to parasite. Bout to pack a bowl and dive into that tonight.

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
"Parasite". Having seen "The Lighthouse", the cinematography and style of the film is great. I just think that its a bit weak when it came to using those two to talk themes. It's really interesting, but part of my reluctance to rate it higher is just how inscrutable the film's message is.
I want to see both but if i start with one it will be The Lighthouse because i love Dafoe
People on reddit are saying something like the wailing has similar vibes to parasite. Bout to pack a bowl and dive into that tonight.
The Wailing is a fantastic film but Parasite seems to be internationally acclaimed where The Wailing was pretty low-key.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

NORE getting emotional because he thinks other people owe him the right to a picture. Dinosaur rant vibes.

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seems the secret headliner is just...

Tyler with friends. Rocky on stage doing LPFJII and Praise The Lord.

Edit 1: Lil Uzi is the next appearance. He played "Money Longer" and "Sanguine Paradise".

Edit 2: DRAKE IS THERE? THE FUCK? Started From the Bottom -> Both -> Mob Ties -> Going Bad -> I'm Upset -> KMT/Trophies/Marvin's Room

EDIT 3: LMAO, PEOPLE STRAIGHT UP BOOING.

Last edited:

peyrin

Oct 27, 2017
California
me: lmao these marvel clowns avoiding spoilers like the plague. who could possibly care

also me: *walks out of the theater while the parasite trailer plays so I go in blind*

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU PLAYING "BOTH" OF ALL THE BANGERS YOU'VE MADE.

I guess Tyler's now off the Kardashian Klan's approved visitor list.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"do you wanna keep going???"

"NOOO"

"i said do you wanna keep going???"

"NOOOOOO. BRING OUT FRANK"

incredible

lacer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
that was the funniest shit ever. now it's over fifteen minutes early lmao

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is just incredibly poor messaging.

You can't build up the suspense for a mystery headliner and then have it be a dude that regularly headlines festivals.

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think he basically cut his performance 15 minutes ahead of schedule.

Also, why bring out Uzi and Rocky for two songs?

If I had my tinfoil hat on, I'd suspect something radically changed last minute.

EDIT:: LMAO:

jjOXtMy.png

lacer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lmao this girl just said "well i hope frank is getting his cheeks clapped" shortly before going offline

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why do people keep thinking it's gonna be frank lol
If I had to break it down, here's why I thought it was Frank.

1) Festivals typically try to one-up themselves. Last year, we had a one of one performance for Kids See Ghosts, so folks assumed this year's headliner would be someone of equal rarity.
2) The "???". You'd think that a festival would be begging to slap the name of whatever headliner they got on the poster, but CFG didn't. This would mean the headliner in question is someone who places a high premium on keeping things secret the absolute last minute.
3) The Tyler connection. You don't drop a poster advertising a mystery headliner at a festival by Tyler the Creator without people leaping to Frank Ocean. If you advertised KSG, who is so special you don't reveal their name?

oh I was hoping someone would have the entire set ripped
You really didn't miss much. It was Rocky with 2 songs, Uzi with 2 songs, and then Drake's set. Honestly, nothing to write home about.

Status
Not open for further replies.