• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Net_Wrecker

Oct 25, 2017

LadjkJA.gif

BlackJace

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
My Top 10 of the year as of right now (no order):

• VOL 4:: SLAVES OF FEAR by HEALTH
  • ZUU by Denzel Curry
  • CrasH Talk by ScHoolboy Q
  • GOODNIGHT LOVELL by Night Lovell
  • IGOR by Tyler, the Creator
  • Dedicated by Carly Rae Jepsen
  • Escape from New York by Beast Coast
  • Alien by Northlane
  • African Giant by Burna Boy
  • HUMAN ERR0R by Ghostmane
Honorable Mentions/Interchangeable with the list:
  • Over It by Summer Walker
  • Assume Form by James Blake
  • Care Package (kinda cheating but w/e) by Drake

It's my final finals before graduation, my guys.
Wish me luck
Good luck!

Catvoca

Oct 25, 2017
I went to listen to Jay, started the Blueprint, listened to Takeover and thought "I should listen to Ether too" and then just ended up listening to Nas for the rest of my commute

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
THE IRISHMAN: good movie, but so many unanswered questions! i'm looking forward to the Scorsese Plus series where we actually get to see how those cuts got stolen off that truck, where [CHARACTER REDACTED] ended up, and why Rouge was so mean to that old dude. 3/10 too many white guys

lacer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I went to listen to Jay, started the Blueprint, listened to Takeover and thought "I should listen to Ether too" and then just ended up listening to Nas for the rest of my commute
this begs the question as to what nas you listened to. probably Nastradamus followed by Who Killed It right?

lacer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
also i somehow feel bad about leaving a joke review of The Irishman without mentioning in earnest that i loved it. weirdly enough the first movie to make me cry in years, which i did not expect

Sep 7, 2018
Is ghost rapping a thing? There's someone I knew who just came out with a song and video, but I know that's not her voice. She doesn't sound anything like that.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Are we talking about some Milli Vanilli type thing? That sounds weird...

Things like autotune and Melodyne can make you sound totally different though. Maybe her vocals are just heavily processed?

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Relistening to WTT and just wanted to pose a question, how many "classic" songs does everyone think this album gave us?

My count 4 in No Church In The Wild, NIP (the only you still hear regularly), Illest M* Alive and Who Gon Stop Me.

Sep 7, 2018
sounds weird as hell. post that shit up
Are we talking about some Milli Vanilli type thing? That sounds weird...

Things like autotune and Melodyne can make you sound totally different though. Maybe her vocals are just heavily processed?

The voice sounds familiar, like one of these worldstar girls, but I can't think of who. It doesn't sound anything my friend.

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No Church in the Wild, NIP, Otis for sure.

while not classics, Gotta Have It, Who Gon Stop Me, HAM, and Made in America are still pretty good.

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle

The voice sounds familiar, like one of these worldstar girls, but I can't think of who. It doesn't sound anything my friend.

It's not unheard of, but seems more likely that it's just the recording. You can hear like 2-3 voice tracks being overlayed if you listen close. The same person rapping the same thing 3 times in slightly different tones all combined will sound like a pretty different voice. They also often make copies of the voice track and then offset one to create a small echo effect making the voice sound way fuller than it is.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017

lacer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

tough to tell as someone who doesn't know her/what her speaking voice sounds like, but it wouldn't be the craziest thing. there was a facebook group called the wavery about a decade ago composed of hip-hop blogeratti that bought beats, lyrics, studio time etc for a few songs for a rapper to see if they could get them to catch on if they all posted about them enough (allegedly the rapper was Tumbler-rap has-been Kitty Pryde) and then there's the case of Caushun, who i am both shocked and depressed that my brain has managed to remember for two decades

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love Gotta Have It but I never hear anyone play it anymore so didn't include it.
Gotta Have It probably has some of my favorite quotables on the album:

"Racks on racks on racks / Maybachs on bachs on bachs on bachs on bachs"
"What's up ma'fucka, where my money at? / You gon' make me come down to your house where yo' mommy at"
"I'ma need a day off, I think I'll call Ferris up / Bueller had a Mueller, but I switched it for a Miele) / 'Cause I'm richer, and prior to this shit was movin' freebase"

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Kali Uchis single, and some deets on the new album:
"For my next album, I'm really going back to my roots, experimenting more with my music, not thinking so hard and not trying so hard — just free-flowing," she said. The album will be predominantly in Spanish with a little English and/or Spanglish thrown into the mix: "When I really want to say something that I feel I have to say in English, I will switch over because I'm not going to force it, but a lot of it will be in Spanish."
There are no details yet, but the album is set to arrive sometime next year. And today, Uchis is sharing its first single. "Solita," produced by J Balvin and Bad Bunny collaborator Tainy, is her first new music since 2018 aside from some collabs and covers, and it returns to her old theme of isolation. "I'd rather dance alone than with the devil," Uchis says in a statement. "This song is about healing, freedom and embracing the mixed emotions that come with that. I hope my fans feel sexy when they listen to it. I'm so excited to share more."

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018
I think HardKnock life is the first rap song I can ever remember hearing . Someone snuck a burned/unmarked CD into class and played the beginning and the teacher was like oh how quaint ok sure ( she wasn't really paying attention) ... then Jay came in and yea . This was a private catholic school mind

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018
*Plays Heart of the City* it being my favorite song of his aaaaand less than 30 seconds in he says "faggot" hahahha. Welcome to 2001! Blueprint came out on 9/11/01 ???? Damn

Status
Not open for further replies.