• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
This definitely isn't the right thread for this but I know a lot of us here fuck with house/dance/electronic shit.

Is there anyone doing that classic house sound right now? I'm talking diva samples, piano chords, 90s vibes, etc. You know what I mean. Bicep Vision of Love shit. That LP I posted is definitely fucking with that vibe.

Seems like in the house world "lo fi" house kinda took over which is a much hazier thing. I love it for sure, but the former is my favorite shit and it's a little out of favor at the moment it seems. I loooove people like DJ Seinfeld, Ross From Friends, Mall Grab (the first two especially have evolved so much), do I'm definitely not shitting on that movement.

Shit like Bicep (who cycle through tons of sounds but at one point mastered that vibe), Krystal Klear, Ejeca, Scuba (only dabbled in it) , Citizenn (sorta), Cream Soda (godly first album, declined hard afterwards.... godawful third album), Head High (sorta), etc etc etc

I feel like I'm fairly informed but I can't find much of it at the moment. A lot of those artists have kinda moved away from it and it bums me out.

collige

Oct 31, 2017
This definitely isn't the right thread for this but I know a lot of us here fuck with house/dance/electronic shit.

Is there anyone doing that classic house sound right now? I'm talking diva samples, piano chords, 90s vibes, etc. You know what I mean. Bicep Vision of Love shit. That LP I posted is definitely fucking with that vibe.

Seems like in the house world "lo fi" house kinda took over which is a much hazier thing. I love it for sure, but the former is my favorite shit and it's a little out of favor at the moment it seems. I loooove people like DJ Seinfeld, Ross From Friends, Mall Grab (the first two especially have evolved so much), do I'm definitely not shitting on that movement.

Shit like Bicep (who cycle through tons of sounds but at one point mastered that vibe), Krystal Klear, Ejeca, Scuba (only dabbled in it) , Citizenn (sorta), Cream Soda (godly first album, declined hard afterwards.... godawful third album), Head High (sorta), etc etc etc

I feel like I'm fairly informed but I can't find much of it at the moment. A lot of those artists have kinda moved away from it and it bums me out.
Definitely check out the latest Octo Octa album as well as her work/B2B mixes with Eris Drew. Some of Paul Woolford/Special Request's stuff is straight up house too, Bedroom Tapes and Offworld from last year iirc.

I also always stan Omar-S. He's just a constant banger machine

That reversible logo design is genius, I would 100% buy merch

collige

Oct 31, 2017
Didn't censor the n-word in Ty's verse though.

edit: Or not? They edited the lyrics on Genius to say "it gon'" in stead of the n-word. Makes more sense that way so I guess the earlier draft of the lyrics had it wrong lol.
They didn't stop him from making that reference to The Race though. I guess Sega executives don't know who Tay-K is..

OG Kush

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
bless up era hoppers as maya angelou once said every day above ground is a blessing. As long as you got air in your lungs and imagination you'll figure it out. Please be kind to yourself, no one else has to or will, you must always be your best friend (and lover), I'm mainly talking about inner dialogue in those dark hours here but you get the idea.

www.youtube.com

Nujabes - Feather

Lyrics:Light as a featherWhen I'm floating throughReading through the daily newsMeasuring the hurt within the golden rule,Centimetres of ether I'm heating th...
Damn I hadn't listened to Nujabes in a while. This hit hard

And DAMN Ninjastorm... What you mean JUST J hus? This album I been waiting for 2 years. So hyped right now.

Grzi

Oct 26, 2017
New J Hus is better than whatever you're listening to right now, get on it.

So happy with the album, made my day.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
XWarpFI.png

Z2pCjd0.png
Z2pCjd0.png
Z2pCjd0.png

Status
Not open for further replies.