• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
GODDAMN!

The Academy denied Roma in 2019 so Parasite could soar in 2020. Absolutely well deserved, and congrats to Bong Joon-Ho!

Also, please pray for that man's liver because it will be going through hell tonight.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
GODDAMN!

The Academy denied Roma in 2019 so Parasite could soar in 2020. Absolutely well deserved, and congrats to Bong Joon-Ho!

Also, please pray for that man's liver because it will be going through hell tonight.

Have you seen how Koreans have a regular night out?

I'm sure his liver will think American celebration is just EZ mode lol

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I managed to win my Oscar pool by putting my faith in Parasite, so tonight is all good.

The final tally:
  1. peyrin - 19
  2. ViewtifulJC - 16
  3. Moonkid, yagal - 14
  4. lacer - 12
  5. TheGreatDirector - 11
  6. Catvoca - 10
  7. Icolin - 9
  8. kai3345, enzo_gt, Bacon - 8
  9. Riotous - 7
  10. GJ - 6
Thank you all for playing! If this community manages to last another year, I'd love to do this again!

Catvoca

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I put down Parasite for practically nothing in my predictions since I just assumed the Academy wouldn't go for it.

I didn't like it quite as much as the majority but I'm still very happy to see it win.

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar

This was Scorsese during Em LMAO

marty said

EKcJlBfWwAAE8uH.jpg

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Hate Drake all you want but this man makes the best damn quotables.
My entire social feeds were filled with "Working on the weekend like usual".

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
Welp, glad i didnt participate in that oscars giveaway. I wouldnt have said parasite for any of that stuff. Then again i have yet to see it and have been wanting to for months. Maybe tomorrow

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018
With how much everyone wants to get into foreign films after last night, I would recommend a subscription to the criterion collection channel. $11 a month for some of the greatest films of all time and you can start with a two week trial.

What's that? Do you love Asian cultures? It's Valentines week? Well then how about watching In the mood for love. Available on the criterion collection channel

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"In the Mood For Love" is in my top 10 of all time.

It's pure eye-candy. The smoke drifting in the air, the red curtains billowing in the breeze, slow-mo Maggie Cheung boiling in a cheong-sam.

Catvoca

Oct 25, 2017
Parasite wins best picture
Ireland has a left wing majority top the polls for the first time
The goat Scorsese gives me a perfect Em reaction image

What a day it's been.

Status
Not open for further replies.