• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
You can not be a successful rapper with longevity if you dont chart. Silly aspects about rappers are tricks played upon by "outsiders" or cornballs to trick into thinking your rapper of choice who might be a bit silly...isnt

peyrin

Oct 27, 2017
California
tbf there's a difference between rappers being knowingly corny (danny brown) and rappers trying to be hard af and coming off like a cornball (logic)

Net_Wrecker

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao I didn't mean that at all. His shit is just stupidly expensive to the point it puts me off. At least Roc Marciano's shit isn't that much.

Yeah Marci's a good counterpoint in that he also charges a premium for some of his stuff, but doesn't overtly section himself off from the commonfolk. And i get it, Mach-Hommy's doing a prestige rap "get on my vibration" thing, but still.

jacket

Oct 25, 2017
Just want to point out that this didn't go unread.

On the Mach-Hommy point in particular, i wish it was easier to follow him and point people in his direction but his elusive, enigmatic artistic bowlsheet is the most ridiculous moat around an artist I've seen since the cassette album wave. I respect his moves in terms of wanting to place value in his work and build a specific niche, and i enjoy the stuff that does drip out to us plebs, and he is a fantastically malleable and fascinating rapper, but... just be normal in your weirdness mai gai.
Any elitist rapping fuck nigga who copyrights their lyrics on rap genius, sells their albums for $1,000 on bandcamp, makes their music extremely hard to find and covers their face, is just another facet of a person stealing from MF DOOM's ancient playbook. Funny that Mach-Hommy basically wears a mask whenever on camera and Billy Woods does the same thing, (I wasn't actually trying to make that connection it just fell into my lap). It makes me really resent musicians because of how self-important they feel they are. Just be normal, Elucid is one of the more normal Rap artists out there, he doesn't act like he's some kind of Hip Hop martyr either.

I don't know how deep you are into Mach-Hommy, but there are others of his ilk like al.divino, Estee Nack, ANKHLEJOHN, people like that who put like 3 of their albums on Spotfiy and leave the rest of their shit like EPs and tapes on bandcamp at $100 or some shit on a sold out CD purchase option, in a situation where only 10 CDs were made and you have to scrounge around the internet like an idiot looking for other means to listen to it, or trying to find a YouTube link to the project like some kind of simpleton.

Net_Wrecker

Oct 25, 2017
Any elitist rapping fuck nigga who copyrights their lyrics on rap genius, sells their albums for $1,000 on bandcamp, makes their music extremely hard to find and covers their face, is just another facet of a person stealing from MF DOOM's ancient playbook. Funny that Mach-Hommy basically wears a mask whenever on camera and Billy Woods does the same thing, (I wasn't actually trying to make that connection it just fell into my lap). It makes me really resent musicians because of how self-important they feel they are. Just be normal, Elucid is one of the more normal Rap artists out there, he doesn't act like he's some kind of Hip Hop martyr either.

I don't know how deep you are into Mach-Hommy, but there are others of his ilk like al.divino, Estee Nack, ANKHLEJOHN, people like that who put like 3 of their albums on Spotfiy and leave the rest of their shit like EPs and tapes on bandcamp at $100 or some shit on a sold out CD purchase option, in a situation where only 10 CDs were made and you have to scrounge around the internet like an idiot looking for other means to listen to it, or trying to find a YouTube link to the project like some kind of simpleton.

Let it all out. I know this pain. Its led me to the darkest corners of underground Russian hip-hop sites

Oct 26, 2017

It's doubly funny because I'm pretty Woods face can be googled unhidden.

Granted Woods as far as I know isn't selling his music for that much so he's cool on that front.

jacket

Oct 25, 2017
iEKrCwi.png

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I understand why Mach-Hommy does the things he does, but Nipsey did this same idea a lot better with charging $100 for copies of "Crenshaw".

jacket

Oct 25, 2017
I WANNA POP MY SHIT
I WANNA COP MY WHIP IN CASH
ON THAT NOTE PULL UP ON THEM FOLKS
IN AN ALL BLACK GHOST LIKE CHRISTMAS PAST
VICIOUS ASS

LOW-KEY RICH WITH THE SAME OUTFIT THAT I DID JUST HAVE
PARDON THE SMOKE, THAT'S JUST MY STAFF
QUIK STOP, NEVER SEEN THIS MUCH GAS

PUITZcp.gif

ROLLS ROYCE RIDING DOWN SUNSET
I MUST GET A CRIB IN LA
FUCK A NIGGA FINNA TELL ME?
CATCH HIM SLIPPIN', CINDERELL-AYY

BIG ASS CHOPPA MAKE GOD FLINCH

wbYkq2L.gif

DUCKIN FROM THE BOYS IN THE FIELD
JUST AS GOOD AS POISON WITH THE STEEL
HESITATION ALWAYS GET YOU KILLED

Last edited:

CoolOff

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017

I don't know what's happening here. Charli, Rico, Kero Kero Bonito, and 100 Gecs on a remix of... what?

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Portrait of a Lady on Fire" is masterful. I have this dumb comparison in my head on how it reminds me of "Blonde" in the way it handles memory, intimacy, and love while stripping away anything excessive. There's no need for a score or anything to be explained because of how beautifully Noemie Merlant and Adele Haenel express their love through silences, glances, and fleeting moments.

Very good movie.

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, almost forgot, here's my Switch Friend Code. I've had it for years, and I just remembered I should probably share it:
Hidden content
You need -1 more posts to view this content

Oct 29, 2017
open.spotify.com

Sabor Do Rio

Sérgio Mendes, Common · Song · 2020

Is it just me or does it feel like Common has freestyled over that rather than using written lyrics? Very nice track but feels more like a mixtape track from back in the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.