• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OwOtacon

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 18, 2018
You know what? I came up with a solution to the whole Kanye play.

Do the second half... with the intention of a later third half to conclude the story.

My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy:

Open on Power - another fantasy scene (duh). He has gotten out of what seemed to be his darkest days with what might be his biggest success.

The fantasy fades into Ni**as in Paris - a scene recalling the video (also fulfilling the Jay-Z subplot with a little bit more depth). It's a big spectacle... that has a medley with Mercy . This scene is a focus on Kanye's collaborations that will set the ground for later drama, and then goes back to 2011.

But despite the success and spectacle, Kanye has more ambition. This is where it turns into Phantom Yeezy. The first Kanye fashion show in Paris Fashion Week - which was panned. Meanwhile, his musical development has him seeking new styles... Yeezus.

New Slaves plays, emphasising how Kanye felt at the fashion industry treating him. The blood on the leaves motif remains... Blood on the Leaves plays, with imagery recalling the Yeezus tour.

However, despite the intense emotions of a lot of Yeezus, he has also engaged Kim Kardashian. Bound 2 has a love montage including that bike scene. It's a lighter, happier moment. With sink fucking.

Hard cut to 2016. A lot has changed. A loaded election is occuring. Yeezys have become THE shoe. And Kanye has a new album coming. A montage emphasises the messy rollout. Ultralight Beam plays - a moment of religious clarity in what has become an increasingly chaotic life.

But if only it was that simple.

#BillCosbyInnocent gets mentioned, but that isn't enough shock value for Kanye West. A lengthy sequence of him planning the video for Famous occurs, showing him desperate for that controversy, even at the cost of his artistic integrity. Taylor Swift voice calls factor in.

The video comes and goes, mostly criticised. However, despite his deteriorating mental health, he is still producing new artistic works. Saint Pablo is performed on the stage from the Saint Pablo tour. This is presented as an amalgamation of various concerts. And then the rants begin. They escalate. And Escalate. He endorses Donald Trump. He goes to hospital.

Away from the public eye, the Wyoming sessions begin. We see the recording of Feel The Love and Reborn. (The former because I wish I could've seen Kanye's face in the studio for that, the latter because actual thematic resonance and hope of artistic rebirth).

He appears to the public once again in 2018... And you all know this stuff like it was last year. Bizarre tweets. That livestream. But the emotional climax of the second half is the SNL performance.

Firstly, I Love It. A symbol of artistic stagnation, especially in that live performance. What "Why Did You Do That" is to A Star Is Born, I Love It is to MBDTF: The Musical. And then it ends with... Ghost Town. MAGA hat and all. It's an uncomfortable, lonely scene despite the crowded nature of it. A downer ending, before the third act of Kanye's career begins.

OwOtacon

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 18, 2018
Notes: I considered adding Only One heavily, but I felt it didn't tie into any of the arcs in the second act.

Lost In The World was a song that was painful to admit I have no place for in the story. Maybe in the third act as a big cyclical finale to it opening with Dark Fantasy?

I do think Kanye's music will make a big increase in quality (though The Storm is kinda trash) I doubt that will be the case for his politics.

Also cut - a subplot involving Drake with the Lift Yourself incident. Too memey to qualify as actual plot.

I know I did Ghost Town dirty having it be this symbol of MAGA-ye, but that SNL performance was such a failure and a symbol thereof.

Last edited:

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
Why isn't Nav's new ep on Spotify? I'd be down for it.

Also wtf at that Adam22 clip.

OwOtacon

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 18, 2018
Y'all spend way too much time thinking/talking about Kanye West.
Gonna be honest

The reason I'm so invested is a personal one. I was sick with the worst god damn virus of my life. Couldn't even play video games I was that sick. So music was the option I took. I wanted to listen to some of the best albums of recent years. I looked up a list, and My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy was at the top. It was the first hip hop album I'd listened to, much less had such a visceral emotional appreciation of. I immediately listened to his whole album discography back-to-back. I looked at his wikipedia page and realised I wasn't that many tracks away from 100% completion. So I listened to those. I watched live performances. I read about his life. It was a grand tale told through masterful music, unlike anything I'd ever seen before or since.

After that, I had some degree of emotional investment, that no matter what happened next with Kanye (and believe me, some bad shit happened and I acknowledge that) I can't remove.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I disagree. Just remember to keep that energy moving forward.
lol what does that even mean in this context
rest assured i will 100% keep the energy that bad shit happening to adam22 is hilarious. i hope we get footage of him getting buck 50'd so i can loop it up and set it to yakety sax

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That looks like the studio equivalent of this:
DbrqOqDVMAAPuR3.jpg

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i'm an amnesiac fan. it used to be OK computer but eventually i kinda drifted away from their more straightforward stuff. kid a is also fantastic but i wound up getting it second due to having to still acquire music in person at the time, and i wound up listening to amnesiac a lot more, so that probably colors my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.