• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
Vince did an interview with GQ and revealed his tour setlist:
vince-staples-gq-tour-diary-28.jpg

That's not a bad setlist at all.
Very into it. Happy to see some Big Fish songs since I didn't see him tour that album.

Happy Street Punk is on still, classic.
tfw the media landscape is such an indecipherable nightmare you can no longer tell if something is bullshit cutesy viral advertising for an album rollout or just bullshit cutesy viral advertising for the actual brands they're advertising
Whew.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I still think Blueface has zero talent, and Thottiana is trash that caught on because it has an outdated slightly humorous title

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
is there full-on TF2 parkouring in it? if so, i might be interested to try it out someday. TF2 was so fun and i even played online a lot which i never do. Titans were actually my least fave part of it, so i don't care about them missing in Apex.
not really, but sorta? there's no wallrunning (yet) but that's not necessarily a bad thing right now imo. if you go in expecting the full blown chaotic action of TF2, you'll probably be let down - the map is a little more contained than PUBG or Fortnite, but it's still very 'open' in it's design, and i don't think the current map would really make sense with it, but i could see a different, indoors arena type map where it would work somewhere down the line.

that said, the mobility is hands down the best in any of the BRs i've played to date. that combined with the gunplay have made a very good first impression so far. Blackout kinda struck a nice balance between PUBGs ARMA-style realism and Fortnite's... whatever the fuck you wanna call how that gunplay feels, and Apex has the same arcade-y feel but there's ziplines and shit everywhere and you can do the Destiny crouch slide for like a whole football field. if they can get an update schedule that resembles what Epic does with Fortnite's updates it could be really cool

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
not really, but sorta? there's no wallrunning (yet) but that's not necessarily a bad thing right now imo. if you go in expecting the full blown chaotic action of TF2, you'll probably be let down - the map is a little more contained than PUBG or Fortnite, but it's still very 'open' in it's design, and i don't think the current map would really make sense with it, but i could see a different, indoors arena type map where it would work somewhere down the line.

that said, the mobility is hands down the best in any of the BRs i've played to date. that combined with the gunplay have made a very good first impression so far. Blackout kinda struck a nice balance between PUBGs ARMA-style realism and Fortnite's... whatever the fuck you wanna call how that gunplay feels, and Apex has the same arcade-y feel but there's ziplines and shit everywhere and you can do the Destiny crouch slide for like a whole football field. if they can get an update schedule that resembles what Epic does with Fortnite's updates it could be really cool
hm, i see. honestly tho, i think the normal TF2 online is just perfect for me anyway. i find BR boring from what i saw and the little i played of Fortnite at least. i like more fast action.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yeah i was gonna say in my last post, if you're not on board with the genre this probably isn't gonna change your mind. there's definitely potential for it to get weird/more TF like at some point but as it stands now, it's still very much a battle royale game, albeit a well executed one

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also goddamn at Drake's power. 4 million dollars to headline Rock in Rio and play a headline stadium show there.

Reckoner

Oct 26, 2017
didn't really catch on with this br trend but Apex Legends is a lot of fun playing with friends. controls are tight and I really like how it goes with the whole Titanfall universe

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah apex Legends is addicting. Didn't think another BR could sink it's claws but it's doing it. Too much shit coming out.

Oct 27, 2018
Any predictions on who will make the 2019 XXL Freshman list?
Someone on r/hiphopheads ran the numbers (youtube, spotify, google trends, etc.) and predicted the full list and a number of also-rans. Spoilered in case you don't wanna know:
Lil Baby
Juice WRLD
YoungBoy Never Broke Again
Lil Xan
Gunna
Jacquees
Tee Grizzley
Sheck Wes
Rich Brian
Lil Mosey

If any of the above artists decline their spots, Moneybagg Yo, Blac Youngsta, Yella Beezy, and Flipp Dinero are all viable replacements.

If XXL chooses a female representative (as they usually do), Saweetie, Kash Doll, and 070 Shake are all good choices.

6ix9ine (who would have finished first in every single category) could be given a spot as an honorary freshman, like Chief Keef was, since he's in jail. Lil Peep could be given an honorary spot as well.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/hiphopheads/comments/abl784/discussion_quantifying_who_should_be_on_the_2019/

Oct 25, 2017
Someone on r/nba pointed out how J Cole's "a lot" verse is cursed

6ix9ine, 21 Savage, Dennis Smith Jr, and Markelle Fultz

Arrested, Taken in by ICE, and traded

OwOtacon

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 18, 2018
Someone on r/hiphopheads ran the numbers (youtube, spotify, google trends, etc.) and predicted the full list and a number of also-rans. Spoilered in case you don't wanna know:
Lil Baby
Juice WRLD
YoungBoy Never Broke Again
Lil Xan
Gunna
Jacquees
Tee Grizzley
Sheck Wes
Rich Brian
Lil Mosey

If any of the above artists decline their spots, Moneybagg Yo, Blac Youngsta, Yella Beezy, and Flipp Dinero are all viable replacements.

If XXL chooses a female representative (as they usually do), Saweetie, Kash Doll, and 070 Shake are all good choices.

6ix9ine (who would have finished first in every single category) could be given a spot as an honorary freshman, like Chief Keef was, since he's in jail. Lil Peep could be given an honorary spot as well.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/hiphopheads/comments/abl784/discussion_quantifying_who_should_be_on_the_2019/
This lineup seems like one of those years where maybe only one of them actually has a long-lasting career and the rest are one-year wonders. Also - doesn't seem like a great year for the cyphers.

Status
Not open for further replies.