• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 2779

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If it wasn't part of his main outfit that's a limp gesture imo. But never mind that, Travis really went out of his way to perform a neutered version of No Bystanders which featured a cage without making some kind of political statement 💀 How is Tribe on the Grammys still the best anti-establishment on U.S. television lmao.

Deleted member 2779

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Noticed Do You Drive? is on Spotify, Hold is still a tune and Grain reminds me of Smino a bit neither in a good or bad way. Grace turns into a vibe and a half one minute in and I love it.

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn torre is there a gig you haven't been to? How do you afford it lol
As a college student with a very accepting set of parents, I got to see a lot of the bands I loved. Although, I've missed out on tons of gigs, too. I missed LCD Soundsystem perform for a week in Brooklyn. I missed Travis Scott & Young Thug circa DBR. I missed Kendrick Lamar perform on his tour for TPAB (though I do have a signed CD) Actually, I had initially planned on missing Frank at Panorama too since I just didn't have the money to do so.

But, out of nowhere, the professor I was working with asked if I wanted to dogsit for him for a couple of days. Even though he didn't have to, he insisted on paying me too. It was only through that weird stroke of serendipity that I got the money to see Frank.

Deleted member 2779

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As a college student with a very accepting set of parents, I got to see a lot of the bands I loved. Although, I've missed out on tons of gigs, too. I missed LCD Soundsystem perform for a week in Brooklyn. I missed Travis Scott & Young Thug circa DBR. I missed Kendrick Lamar perform on his tour for TPAB (though I do have a signed CD) Actually, I had initially planned on missing Frank at Panorama too since I just didn't have the money to do so.

But, out of nowhere, the professor I was working with asked if I wanted to dogsit for him for a couple of days. Even though he didn't have to, he insisted on paying me too. It was only through that weird stroke of serendipity that I got the money to see Frank.
s/o the professor! And man you have wholesome parents.

So I take it you're doing career things now?

Deleted member 2779

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Grad school right now.

But, now that I earn a decent sum in my part-time gig, I can pay for my own habit.
Ah, decent decent.

Gigs and festivals here are so sparse you can kinda get by as a poor undergrad. Haven't done any of the new year's fests yet but even as a 21 year old I feel like time is running out before it's too degenerate to camp out and I gotta grab a hotel or something. I might go see Beach House but otherwise I'm hoping Vince returns even though he probably hates the crowds here lol.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was at that show!

lacer , Pitchfork blew the fuck out of SLAVES OF FEAR. they gave it a 3.4.

i saw, shit was rough lol. they seemed more focused on the lyrical content than the production, the latter of which is by far the point of focus for me personally. i don't think it's moving the needle much further than DEATH MAGNETIC but there's some modern production trappings that play in interesting ways with the hallmarks of their sound. i think the 'these guys are washed now that Jupiter Keyes bounced' point is off the mark. that said, there are definitely some pretty dumb/sophomoric lines that stick out pretty badly, but for the most part i enjoyed it

edit: lol "DEATH MAGNETIC". i meant DEATH MAGIC but i'm old and dumb

toku

沢山特別
Oct 25, 2017
Ne Monde

1kBnk4c.gif

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands

The original leaked. Yeah... This'll probably shut the people up who said Peep didn't want to be on pop songs like this one, since it's pretty close to the finished one sound wise, but the finished version is way better. This one sounds more raw though and has way more Peep vocals.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao, Pitchfork had a pretty scathing write up of This Is America regarding the Grammy win.
Remember back in college, when you had that guilt-riddled white professor who was dying to be on the right side of history, so you would slide him an essay about any black shit and get an easy A? Childish Gambino pulled off that same finesse when "This Is America" not only won the Best Rap/Sung Collaboration Grammy, but became the first (!) rap track to win Song of the Year and Record of the Year.

Just like Green Book at the Golden Globes in January, the Grammys crowning Gambino was nothing more than the industry patting themselves on the back for their newfound wokeness. And credit to Gambino, because he didn't even try that hard, with his cheap imitation of Atlanta hip-hop cadences and an instrumental that sounds like a label replaced Metro Boomin with a Juilliard student. (He also didn't turn up to the ceremony.)

The site gave it lots of love when it dropped of course though.

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar

overcast

Oct 25, 2017

I'll give Drake Take Care, even though I'm not big on most of it aside a handful of tracks. I think Nothing Was The Same is low key my favorite Drake album, wouldn't label it as a classic though. He's been pretty bad since If You're Reading This.
the gulf in quality between good pitchfork writing (like their LEVELS series and most of The Pitch articles) and bad pitchfork writing is something to behold
Yeah, their reviews have been mostly shit for a while. Even their other piece on the Grammy's was poor.

OG Kush

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So not sure how many people know, but the UK scene experienced a loss a couple days ago... rapper Cadet passed away in a car crash. He's been in the scene for over 10 years but was only jsut making it big in the charts. Real sad, and was a proper MC who could rap his arse off. Some choice cuts posted below showing his deeper side:
A song about him being an actual slut, the reactions from the women behind are great:

And the time he beefed with his cousin, Krept, of Krept & Konan (the biggest UK rap duo), a deep personal tune directed at him:

and then his cousin replied as well.... real personal and introspective stuff. Why I rated him:

I want Digdat to take 2019 by storm. Never heard of him but I want to ask my friends if they fuck wit Digdat or nah someday
Bruh.. DigDat had a HUGE 2018. His song airforce was literally maybe the UK drill song of the year. It was the first UK drill song to chart, man made history. Its a banger:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.