• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reckoner

Oct 26, 2017
When I Get Home is one of the best albums of the year and I feel like it deserves more praise.

Please let's give more praise to this fantastic album.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Drake gonna do what Travis didn't with Astroworld and capitalize on releasing some Trophies esque song next week.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
noz brought up an interesting idea on twitter; rap leak culture proves there's a voracious appetite for unfinished material, and quality control so far isn't preventing unreleased songs from surfacing. be it Carti, Thug, Uzi, whoever, if anyone ever figures out how to capitalize on that audience, they'll be afforded a level of creative leeway that the current system doesn't really allow.

peyrin

Oct 27, 2017
California
isn't mixtape culture already sorta filling that niche? though I guess the line between mixtape and album is already pretty blurred these days.

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
noz brought up an interesting idea on twitter; rap leak culture proves there's a voracious appetite for unfinished material, and quality control so far isn't preventing unreleased songs from surfacing. be it Carti, Thug, Uzi, whoever, if anyone ever figures out how to capitalize on that audience, they'll be afforded a level of creative leeway that the current system doesn't really allow.
huh, i would argue that nowadays artists especially have the creative leeway to release unfinished-sounding stuff commercially anyway. i mean, most of the leaked Carti, Uzi, or Thugga tracks might as well be on their actual projects and they wouldn't stick out.

who is Noz?

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
brehs, don't sleep on the ROMderful album Des posted a while ago. it's super smooth, lika a mix of The Internet and Neptunes:

ROMderful - Press L to Continue

---

and the new Supa Bwe is so dope too. just wish it was twice as long :(

Supa Bwe - Just Say Thank You

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
incidentally both of those albums above have a cool feature by Dounia, who is a NY singer that mixes Arabic into her tracks too:

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle

Sorry, trying to be nicer online but...

Were you high when you read that tweet?

Aside from what was already said, artists already use "snippets" on IG/ twitter to drum up hype from unfinished music and purposeful "leaks" are probably a thing too.

What "idea" was being proposed here?

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Want to talk to you but you don't know what to say
And you don't know what to do
And she wants to talk to you but you don't know what to say
And

But you never let me do anything for you
I'll make anything, do anything for you
But there's so much that is happening
But you know I'll do anything for you

tumblr_ox1r8vpmCQ1u9xqtso1_640.gif

lacer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
huh, i would argue that nowadays artists especially have the creative leeway to release unfinished-sounding stuff commercially anyway. i mean, most of the leaked Carti, Uzi, or Thugga tracks might as well be on their actual projects and they wouldn't stick out.

who is Noz?
Sorry, trying to be nicer online but...

Were you high when you read that tweet?

Aside from what was already said, artists already use "snippets" on IG/ twitter to drum up hype from unfinished music and purposeful "leaks" are probably a thing too.

What "idea" was being proposed here?

there's a small but extremely passionate audience who are willing to pay 5000$+ a pop for 5 year old Kanye reference tracks where he's literally mumbling for five minutes. Pissy Pamper is a smash and has yet to see an official release. eventually someone on the leakthis trackers is gonna wise up and think "maybe i should just start delivering directly to audience instead of having my engineers steal my shit." NIN figured this out in the 90s. most of the time you don't get to hear weird, unfinished shit until after an artist dies - that new Prince album is awesome - and if that shit is getting out anyway, and people willing to pay for it, why not capitalize on that?

lacer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
also yeah i was high but who are you to judge anyway bitch

lacer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i'm high again. but it's for medical purposes because i'm also very hungover

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
😂

#blessup I'm just messing around.

But I don't think there's a real business model to be had there. An artist selling old unfinished shit removes the aura of how "special" a leak is. These people aren't rationally wanting to spend the money, they think it would make them super special to have it. And you aren't special if it's a product available to anyone.

lacer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
😂

#blessup I'm just messing around.

But I don't think there's a real business model to be had there. An artist selling old unfinished shit removes the aura of how "special" a leak is. These people aren't rationally wanting to spend the money, they think it would make them super special to have it. And you aren't special if it's a product available to anyone.
yeah i hear you, there's a lack of mystique that comes with putting that kind of stuff out. i do think it's unfortunate if there's no way for artists to channel that passion for their own benefit though

Deleted member 2779

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I relistened to MBDTF and honestly I'd rate it below Yeezus and Late Registration now. Still fire nonetheless 👀

cb1115

Oct 25, 2017
Dark Fantasy --> Gorgeous --> Power is one of the best opening salvos of all time

DIAND --> Runaway --> Hell of a Life ain't a bad run either

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My friend took me to an emo rap show last night.

It was quite possibly the most melanin-deficient thing I've seen in quite sometime. It was very odd to see dudes that look suburban kids who like hip-hop a little too much sing/rapping. The show was cool, but man was it a weird thing to see.

The line-up for that was:
- 93feetofsmoke
- fats'e youngburial
- shinigami
- guardin
- convolk
- familypet

Actually, now that I think about it, that dude that Yachty is clowning is someone my friend also listens too.

Orwell

Banned
Jun 6, 2019
jim_jones_el_capo.jpg

Best album of the year. Don't see anything topping it. Shit is crack. Who knew Jim Jones, former weed carrier for Cam, would restore the feeling to NY hip-hop? Word of mouth for this album is crazy. Everyone is praising it on social media. Rsonist lost his mind on the beats. I think you'll start to see more artists begin working with The Heatmakers.

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
Graduation over MBDTF???????????????????

how can that be the case when graduation has barry bonds and drunk & hot girls back to back while every song on MBDTF is GOAT tier

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bach's entire choral catalog deserves this treatment tbh

I think the vocaloid version of the singing is interesting, but it wish it was doing more to the original music.

Speaking of classical experiments, I really liked this. It's a solo work with a piano and 1-bit speakers. It's really cool but hard to explain.

Status
Not open for further replies.