• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Koozek, all they've shown is Midgard. Hell, all they've shown is like the first hour of the game. And you expect me to believe they've somehow magically completed the entire game.

I'll take the L in that I expected this would be in development hell a la KH's 12 year gap between mainline entries, but I still doubt whatever they're dating for 2020 is going to be what everyone expects. I genuinely expect this to be the "Ground Zeroes" of this remake series.

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
Koozek, all they've shown is Midgard. Hell, all they've shown is like the first hour of the game. And you expect me to believe they've somehow magically completed the entire game.

I'll take the L in that I expected this would be in development hell a la KH's 12 year gap between mainline entries, but I still doubt whatever they're dating for 2020 is going to be what everyone expects. I genuinely expect this to be the "Ground Zeroes" of this remake series.
no

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Frank Ocean is covering the next issue of Dazed Magazine and he will be interviewed by a ton of people including:
  • John Waters
  • JPEGMAFIA
  • Matt Ox
  • Rex Orange County
  • Arca
  • Evian Christ
  • Rosalia

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lmfao lemme catch up on this SE conference real quick before i join the chorus with torre

lacer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
holy shit torre_avenue fucking nailed it with the Ground Zeroes comparison lmao

i dunno brehs. aesthetically the approach is a huge turn off but i'll hold off judgement till it's out. also lmao @ the justification "it's so big we have to release it in segments! seriously there's a technological reason to release it episodically now! it has two discs!" like lol modern consoles don't actually work with multiple discs ala the OG FFVII so that just means it's gonna be an installer disc and glorified dlc licence 'play disc' a la RDR2

lacer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it's a toss up between Keanu and Shenmue III being an EGS exclusive for my favorite moment of E3 so far. the former was a lot of fun but the latter will be a salt mine for years to come

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
L M A O, why. Man's the epitome of style before substance. I'm sure FF7 will look pretty and the costuming will be amazing, but I'm going to hold off on assuming FF7 will be good till they show me more than just the first hour.

Also, Ubi's presser wasn't great and I'm gonna catch up on Square's. NINTENDO HYPE!

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
90% leaked shit
90% CGI

gg
I'm actually kinda thankful for the leaks. Being an autistic fuckup really fucks with my head in times like these. I've already thought up over 1000 reasons why Animal Crossing (the game I want (to see) most) could've been delayed, just because we haven't seen anything of it all year. I don't want to see any leaked trailers or shit like that beforehand, but just knowing that game X will be at E3 and game Y won't be is way better for me than the suspense and uncertainty.

lacer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
that avengers game looks like dogshit lol

i'm glad e3 died on a whimper. for an enthusiast group of press conferences, every single company that wound up presenting looked like shit. apart from stunt casting shit like Keanu this shit was pathetic.

Doom looks incredible, but that was a given anyway. Afterparty is my most anticipated and i assume/hope Goose Game and AC will get a date tomorrow

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
they def didn't lose. microsoft announced their new platform even more boringly which is probably worse than nothing tbh. "this boring ass Halo trailer is for our next platform!" who cares zzzzz
we not gonna call a trailer as well-cut as that boring, fam

Eaaaaaaasily one of the best trailers of the show. MS never misses a shot with Halo.

lacer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
haloman floats in space and maybe halo is about space war now, but don't worry, We're Not Showing Any Gameplay™

trademark registered to basically every company on the 2019 e3 show floor

Inkvoterad

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any tips on what kinda audio effects one could fiddle around with with the sample in this? This project im doing ended up becoming a lofi-beat thing instead that im trying to figure out. Got the base beat working, but wanna fiddle around with compression on the hats or snares for a more "lofi" beat, idunno. I know i wanna tweak the sample itself but i really struggle to find an effect that works well. https://soundcloud.com/rasera/gatsu-lofi-beat

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
2bQftiM.jpg

Shoutout to Nicole for making moves!

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
L M A O $60 FOR MIDGARD KOOZEK.
holy shit torre_avenue fucking nailed it with the Ground Zeroes comparison lmao

i dunno brehs. aesthetically the approach is a huge turn off but i'll hold off judgement till it's out. also lmao @ the justification "it's so big we have to release it in segments! seriously there's a technological reason to release it episodically now! it has two discs!" like lol modern consoles don't actually work with multiple discs ala the OG FFVII so that just means it's gonna be an installer disc and glorified dlc licence 'play disc' a la RDR2
Brehs, I really do appreciate your opinions on music, but y'all clearly have no clue what you're talking about when it comes to FF. Pretty much everyone has been expecting some kinda "Episode Midgar" since 2015 now. It's not shocking to anyone following this project and when I said it's coming early 2020 I meant this first part, not the whole thing obviously. Midgar is like 5-7 hours of the 30-35 hours in the original and actually roughly a third of the original's backgrounds, but making everything in full 3D now with big logically connected areas compared to the handful of backgrounds per area in the original that you could walk through in less than a minute will add several hours alone. The fully-voiced cutscenes instead of a few simple textboxes per scenario will add hours too. And then they said they're expanding the locations and story too (we've already seen a few new scenes in the trailer). Kitase said years ago that each part would be comparable to the FFXIII trilogy volume-wise, so probably something around 30-40 hours for main story runs with a bit of side content.

Sry, but if you look at the fidelity and level of detail they showed here and think they could've remade the whole original game on this level - without cutting tons of stuff and making it an abridged version - in 5 years and sell it for just the price of one game, y'all naive as hell. And, lacer: what? They never claimed technical reasons like disc space for it being split. The reason was the scope of the original and the original key staff not wanting to cut corners.
One of the main reasons Square Enix hasn't remade Final Fantasy VII up until now is because its a massive undertaking to construct it from the ground up with current technology, according to Kitase. A proper HD remake that maintains the same feeling of density of the original wouldn't fit into a single installment. Nomura adds that in the case of a single installment, content would have to be cut and the result would be a condensed version of the game. But with this method, players will be able to explore many different areas of Midgar that they couldn't access in the original. While parts may also be cut from the original, Nomura promises that overall, the amount of content is only going to increase.

Source.

Name me an AAA game with a similar number of unique locations, cities, towns, dungeons, enemies and bosses, huge summons, main characters (9 of them playable!), side characters, tons of varied scenarios and setpieces etc. Not even TW3 or even AC:Origins/Odyssey are comparable.

Just as a reminder and these aren't even all locations as I haven't included all dungeons and sub-areas (there are roughly 800 screens in the original!!!):

All those are wildy different with barely any reusable assets - unlike TW3/AC that could copy-past some of its settlements/towns - and they have to be fully redesigned and increased in detail and size to realistic scale. You expect all that in AAA quality in one release in the usual dev time (~5 years nowadays)? SE isn't Ubisoft or Rockstar with dozens of studios all around the world and thousands(!) of people collaborating on a single game.

And these are just the locations - now imagine how much dialog and cutscenes and all must be fully-voiced with top-notch direction, lip-synced individually for English and Japanese. And we haven't talked about the completely new action combat yet where each of the 9 main chars have their unique movesets and boss fights now have several dynamic phases.

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No BioShock for me this year.
That article Kotaku put out said that in early 2018 the game was in pre-production, which means it is either still in pre-production or its just started full production. In either case, you probably won't see anything from it till E3 2021, at best.

But, for real, if they're doing Midgard right, then hopefully, it means you get an actual game out of the content instead of a glorified prologue.

In either case, I stand by my claim that the Final Fantasy Remake with bits of Crisis Core and Advent Children (likely comprised of FF7-1, FF7-2, and FF7-3) will only be released in its "complete state" by 2030.

Status
Not open for further replies.