• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like TNGHT is shaping their work into an album. HudMo and Lunice have been in the studio for quite a while (~1.5-2 years), so I'm hoping the tracks are done and they're just organizing them.

Also, hype for the new Flume.

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
Playboi Carti FADER Cover Story

jean-paul-gaultier-long-sleeve-and-t-shirt-faith-connexion-vest-calvin-klein-205w39nyc-jeans-dr-martens-shoes.jpg

The 22-year-old rapper has already gone through multiple eras and become a generational icon. Tucked away at home in Atlanta, he says he's growing up and making the best music of his life.

When I ask if him if Whole Lotta Red is finished, Carti shrugs: "I could be done if I wanted to. I'm just trying to top shit. I might make the hardest song ever tomorrow."

WHOLELOTTARED soon, AOTY

also, apparently carti been working with metro recently:

When I first arrived at the house, at around 5 p.m., Carti was still waking up. In between back-to-back weekends of Coachella performances, he had been up for days recording in L.A. with Metro Boomin. Though the two have known each other for years, this was their first time working together one-on-one. "I got a whole 'nother tape with this nigga," Carti says. "That's why my head's ****ed up. This **** could go on my album, but if it goes on the album, then we gotta change the whole thing."

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Re: that article,
Pi'erre — who, according to his posts on social media, has been busy traveling and finalizing his own long-awaited project, The Life of Pi'erre 4 — wasn't around as much for Whole Lotta Red. "Only reason is 'cause I ain't really see him like that," Carti says. "I love that nigga."
That's worrying. What I loved most on Die Lit were the Pi'erre beats, so I'm hoping whoever ends up on the album comes through with some new ideas and weird beats.
Carti told me he began working on Whole Lotta Red at the end of 2018, splitting time between Means Street and the mic setup at his dining room table. Looking through a folder on the computer in the studio, he estimates that he's made around 50 songs for the album. I ask him what he looks for when he's picking a beat to rap over. "I like new sounds," he says, sitting in a leather rolling chair with his back to the soundboard. "It's gotta be something I never heard before." He pauses to think, then picks the thread back up. "I just be rapping. Every day I discover something new about myself, and I just do it."
Never mind.
When he starts to play me music, it quickly becomes clear that he's entered into new vocal territory. The baby voice is still present on multiple songs, but he's warped it into a higher pitch, stretching his voice into something much more unorthodox. On one track, an 8-bit beat where he says "RIP Yams" in the refrain, Carti sings a wordless melody in a falsetto behind his verses. On another, he raps over a driving, synthy beat that sounds like it could soundtrack a 2019 Miami Vice remake. Some of the songs — like "Cancun" and a song that fans have been calling "Molly" or "No Stylist" — I recognize from low-quality snippets online. Played through the floor-shaking monitors in the studio, they sound heavenly.

There are a few Pi'erre Bourne productions — one of them samples the sound of a styrofoam cup full of ice being shaken — but Carti lists off Maaly Raw, Richie Souf, his engineer Roark, and Don Cannon, who comes into the room at one point to hear the new music, as other contributors. In between Carti's vocal acrobatics, I also hear the occasional guest verse from Trippie Redd and Gunna.
I HAVE A STRONG NEED.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
gonna run to Walmart and grab a bottle of Hidden Valley and a Gillette Quattro 4-pack in anticipation

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
Lol at whoever said WLR is might as well drop since most of the album is already leaked.

This man said he has 50 tracks in the chamber

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I thought I misremembered, but no, Lunice said Hudmo and him were back in the studio in 2017.

In between then, Lunice had his solo LP and was touring, but they have been recording off and on for quite a while.

EDIT: At this point, Lunice's LP would have been finished, so this would be considered the start of recording for whatever the two are cooking up.

jacket

Oct 25, 2017
I thought I misremembered, but no, Lunice said Hudmo and him were back in the studio in 2017.

In between then, Lunice had his solo LP and was touring, but they have been recording off and on for quite a while.

EDIT: At this point, Lunice's LP would have been finished, so this would be considered the start of recording for whatever the two are cooking up.

Curious to see what they do know especially considering the current popularity of niggas like Iglooghost and Flume.

Deleted member 2779

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Fevaweva

Oct 30, 2017
Does Metro still have the best "producer tag" (I think that is what they are called) or has Tay Keith taken the crown?

Essentially its "If Metro don't trust ya, imma shoot ya" vs "yo Tay Keith, fuck this n***as up"

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
Does Metro still have the best "producer tag" (I think that is what they are called) or has Tay Keith taken the crown?

Essentially its "If Metro don't trust ya, imam shoot ya" vs "yo Tay Keith, fuck this n***as up"
metro > pi'erre > murda

btw, does anybody know if artists whose vocals are used for producer tags (e.g. Thugga or Future) get royalties for those? 🤔

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
What's makes it better is when you realise that weird ass creaking sound also came from Jamie foxx's vocals

Deleted member 2779

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
edit: ^gifs you can hear

WOAH KENNY is slowly but surely growing on me but maybe that's because I been watching The Cave lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.