• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MIA has done been a dummy though. i miss when Diplo and her hated each other. truly a couple made in airhead heaven

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seems more like Gerald WANTS the role, but it isn't like the shortlist is any better.

In the mix are:
  • Miles Teller
  • Ansel Elgort
  • Harry Styles
  • Aaron Taylor-Johnson
  • Austin Butler
All of which are...not ideal.

lacer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
stop making biopics. they're always exactly the same and they're all awful, even the good ones. the only actually good music biopic is Walk Hard and i mean that 100% sincerely

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All music biopics are gonna be shit, because to accurately portray musicians' lives, you need the rights to their music and no estate is ever going to give that to a "realistic" biopic.

That really sucks because there's a lot of cool stories in music that can never be told because of these estates.

lacer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All music biopics are gonna be shit, because to accurately portray musicians' lives, you need the rights to their music and no estate is ever going to give that to a "realistic" biopic.

That really sucks because there's a lot of cool stories in music that can never be told because of these estates.
even beyond the music licensing headaches, the vast majority of music biopics are structurally formulaic to the point of redundancy. there's only so much insight you can offer when you're cramming 30-40 years of someone's life into 120 minutes. trying to cover anyone's career of that length from start to finish isn't going to allow for much time to look into the more interesting, lesser known aspects of an artist's process or personality, so they almost always boil down to 'starting out it was rough, then it was great, then they got all fucked up, then things mostly worked out'. i'd way rather see something that focuses on one period or event, eg Jimi Hendrix at Monterey or Bob Dylan at Newport. everyone knows the bullet points of the careers of the acts who are big enough to get a movie made about them, so why not right?
least diplo knows he's an airhead
very true. i can't lie, i kinda loved What Would Diplo Do. can't say i expect MIA to have that kind of sense of humor about herself

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that Tame Impala is festival-headliner status.

I love the band, but man, it is wild they're out here headlining festivals like Coachella and Glasto with practically no mainstream impact.

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar

oXpsvCG.jpg

Deleted member 2779

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that Tame Impala is festival-headliner status.

I love the band, but man, it is wild they're out here headlining festivals like Coachella and Glasto with practically no mainstream impact.
Thats what I Been sayingg. I want that kind of glow up where you go from headlining Aus/NZ's alty music festival to literally the biggest festivals in the world without having released a substantial body of work.

lacer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
can't blame him. shit like this is why it always tickles me seeing Europosters say shit like 'Americans are so weird about race'

lacer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
so it's standard operating procedure to detain someone in solitary confinement for weeks on end following an assault? huh and i thought Scandinavia's justice system was supposed to be progressive

CoolOff

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
so it's standard operating procedure to detain someone in solitary confinement for weeks on end following an assault? huh and i thought Scandinavia's justice system was supposed to be progressive

He's not in solitary confinement though? I would point to this post which gets most things right when it comes to how our system works and why he is in the position he is:

A consequence of this "time-freeze" is that Rocky must be reasonably separated from other lay-people- He can still communicate over monitored channels, and he can talk to priests, psycologhist, lawyers, the guards, watch tv or read. A side effect of this is some amount of isolation. This is totally normal- non convicted people are innocent and should not serve as prisoners among the general population.

lacer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"HE IS NOT HELD IN SOLITARY CONFINEMENT: He is held in varetektsfengsling/ Häktning. Basically safe storage. This is not meant to be a punishment (Thought it is recognised as detrimental to the charged party) , "
lol
seriously though, i'm asking, is it common to be held for two weeks pending investigation in Sweden? in the US normally you'd be allowed to post bail pending a hearing, which usually wouldn't be for months later. i'm not familiar the Swedish justice system at all obviously, but there have to be dudes getting in drunken fights and winding up on Swedish worldstar from time to time, right? being held for two weeks at a time seems like an excessive standard

Illithid Dude

Oct 26, 2017
"HE IS NOT HELD IN SOLITARY CONFINEMENT: He is held in varetektsfengsling/ Häktning. Basically safe storage. This is not meant to be a punishment (Thought it is recognised as detrimental to the charged party) , "
lol
seriously though, i'm asking, is it common to be held for two weeks pending investigation in Sweden? in the US normally you'd be allowed to post bail pending a hearing, which usually wouldn't be for months later. i'm not familiar the Swedish justice system at all obviously, but there have to be dudes getting in drunken fights and winding up on Swedish worldstar from time to time, right? being held for two weeks at a time seems like an excessive standard

swedish authorities probably feel that if they allowed rocky bail, he would try and leave the country. hell, i would too if i were him.

lacer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yeah, i guess that's why i'm confused. like would they keep him detained for the length of a trial? if they found him guilty, would they actually spend money on putting him in jail? seems more likely he'd just end up getting deported anyway, right? hey what do i know though. just seems sus

CoolOff

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Entirely depends on if the court thinks there is reason to keep him separated either because of flight risk, or influence on the investigation. And again, this time is subtracted from his actual punishment in the end. Also, like the post says, prosecutors need to re-justify this every 14 days. The place he's being held probably looks something like this, and I'm pretty sure he's not confined to it 24/7, rather it's about cutting off comms with the outside world:

f591b4cf-1c9a-4ed7-bf1d-38799edffbf3

Always found the concept of bail to a be a really fucked one. Why would the hearings be months later? Backlog?

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think this is the big no-no:
News of Rocky's arrest spreads, raising new questions. TMZ reports that Rocky went to the police voluntarily and was arrested "immediately." The site also claims that police were blocking the U.S. Embassy from meeting with Rocky and his team, reportedly a break from usual procedures and "a breach of Rocky's human rights." Rocky misses a scheduled performance at Norway's Kadetten Festival.
Again, it is TMZ, a site that feeds off of craven drama, but if this is true, that's a big deal.

T-Money

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
XXX, GKMC, Yeezus, Piñata, TPaB is probably my top 5 of the decade in some order... need to put a lot more thought into it though...

peyrin

Oct 27, 2017
California
new dev hynes and dvsn on the heels of a new daniel caesar, the R&B feast continues no thanks to frank

Seems more like Gerald WANTS the role, but it isn't like the shortlist is any better.

In the mix are:
  • Miles Teller
  • Ansel Elgort
  • Harry Styles
  • Aaron Taylor-Johnson
  • Austin Butler
All of which are...not ideal.

teller would be good if only because he should be a way bigger name after that whiplash performance

forgot how good darkest before dawn: the prelude was. would have loved to hear what the OG version of daytona sounded like

pusha's solo career is 3 for 3 so far. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if daytona/king push was always fairly similar to what we have now

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
teller would be good if only because he should be a way bigger name after that whiplash performance
None of the actors on that list have the sheer natural charisma that would bring Elvis to mind. But, its a Baz Luhrmann joint and will thus be a massive bomb.

Also, Post Malone is threatening his next studio album:
All U.S. Merch Purchases Include a Digital Download of Post Malone's Forthcoming 3rd Studio LP Upon Release Date | All U.S. Physical GOODBYES Single Purchases Include a Digital Download

peyrin

Oct 27, 2017
California
this isn't really based off any evidence but I do feel like teller has the potential to be a pretty commanding screen presence, as long as he's not playing foil to JK simmons. in any case, this will be a useless FEELGOOD MOVIE OF THE SEASON biopic either way, so maybe we do wanna cast g-eazy so he doesn't have time to make more music

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
Damn, Bandana is smooth. In some ways I like it better than Pinata.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.