• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbychalkers

Oct 26, 2017
I don't even know if I want a Madvillainy 2 at this point. That was peak DOOM, he can still rap but I haven't heard anything that has impressed my like that era of his. His output then was insane in hindsight.
Also wow, the new MGK ain't half bad. Seems to be channeling his Lil Peep on this.

This makes me want a Lil Peep x Cardo project

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

"Take It Back" exemplifies the effortless slipperiness of both Blood Orange and Angel's Pulse. It opens as a gauzy, breathy chant and drifts through soulful notes from Brooklyn singer and model Justine Skye and an ethereal Spanish-language section featuring Venezuelan electronic producer and Björk cohort Arca, then barrels home on a gutting verse from Brockhampton's Joba. Elsewhere, Dev trades lines with Chaz Bundick of Toro y Moi and hosts a summit between Tinashe and Three 6 Mafia's Project Pat and Gangsta Boo.

Album of the motherfuckin' year.

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so mad that the Tyler/Goldlink/Blood Orange tour isn't stopping by Australia.
I'm waiting on figuring out where I'll be in the fall before I buy tickets. But yeah, that should be amazing.

Just as a headsup, Dev talks about Arca in the interview and refers to Arca with feminine pronouns. I'll assume that means when we talk about Arca's work, kindly use feminine pronouns.

Also, I did not know Joba and Dev were tight. That's weird, but cool.

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Y'all failed this song.

Pharrell's ice-cold synths...

The fucking drums...

The melody...

Go dumb go stupid (Lights out)
Break it down like a blueprint (Lights out)
Pipe it up, it's a movie (Lights out)
Lights out and it's boomin' (Lights out)
Hey, she hit the baddest (Lights out)
Four-door on my coupe need a ladder (Lights out)
Got the music blastin' (Lights out)
She a dance floor savage
(No cap)

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
Max B & French Montana
Coke Wave 4

coke-wave-4-cover

coke-wave-4-back

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
Since I'm the only one staying up til midnight tonight, I'll try and start some hype... ;(

To get y'all started, go and listen to KRIT WAS HERE first

Last edited:

Inkvoterad

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
still mad that these fantastic madlib beats were ruined by slapping a unnecessarily fast rapping freddie gibbs on top of them.

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
It might be just me but I don't consider Gibbs a fast rapper at all. I consider fast rappers to be rappers that I have to look up the lyrics for.
All of Gibbs' lyrics are easy to make out while listening to the song

Fevaweva

Oct 30, 2017
Freddie Gibbs is fast, but intelligible, substantive and actually enjoyable to listen to.

Unlike, say, Eminem who is all flow and no substance.

Doctor Doggo

Oct 25, 2017
Gibbs definitely has bars that are not slow, but I wouldn't call him a fast rapper. For example, Crime Pays starts off slow and then he just starts spitting bars, but not to the point where I can't understand what he's saying.

I think maybe he doesn't sound fast, because he never sounds gassed afterwards. Where Em straight up sounds like he just yelled at you the whole time and he needs to take a breather.

Catvoca

Oct 25, 2017
He also doesn't do that lyrical miracle "let me see how many nonsense syllables I can rap fast" shit. His bars always have substance and sound dope (When he isn't on that anti-vax wave lol)

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
WTF is tha tlineup? lol, is that normal for it to be like an oldskool R&B thing?

Fucking Chingy.

obiwanthatsanameihaventheard.png

Illithid Dude

Oct 26, 2017
yahndi really was about to be a 4/10 album huh. you can really see the throughline between i love it and new body tho. glad we pivoted from this creepy uncle ye.

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018
New Jeffery ASAP pls. And damn Bon Iver really about to put out two AOTY contenders (new album Aug 30) before Tame Impala puts out a new record ugggh where is it

Status
Not open for further replies.