• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

toku

沢山特別
Oct 25, 2017
Ne Monde

Skyzoo - Eastern Conference Allstars featuring Benny the Butcher, Conway, Westside Gunn, Elzhi (Prod. Pete Rock)

giphy.gif

QyHhdzK.gif

Me RN

yf483nr.gif

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
JPEGMAFIA killed that new injury reserve track
Danny Brown's "uknowwhatimsayin" drops October 4th, according to a pre-save thing that went up early.

Probably means, the video is coming Friday and "Dirty Laundry" will officially drop Friday.
Can't wait. Should tour early next year then.
Frank ocean is kind of an asshole it's been known.
..we'll see.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
That makes more sense. I'm still permanently salty at Frank canceling FYF.

Danny Brown and Angel Olsen on October 4th is a blessing and a curse.

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
HOLY SHIT. THIS DESCRIPTION SOUNDS SO FIRE:
Danny Brown's fifth studio LP uknowhatimsayin? drops at an intriguing point in the rapper's career. After breaking out with his second album XXX, consolidating fame with the follow-up Old and then blowing the game wide open through 2016's landmark Atrocity Exhibition, Brown's status as king of the underground feels assured these days. The question, as he surveys his domain, is; what next? Brown's answer is to make his most focused record yet. A svelte eleven tracks - short when compared to the sprawling opuses of his past - uknowhatimsayin? is a more thoughtful affair than anything Brown has previously released.

Gone are the tales of all-night benders yammered with cartoonish intensity over beats that sound like an EDM rave in hell. Instead Brown comes off as considered and in control, his flows spun out with poise and eloquence. The production here befits the changes in Brown's delivery. While Brown has always been a great rapper, uknowhatimsayin? will go down as his first hip-hop record. While the instrumentals here are laced with the psychedelic potency of Atrocity Exhibition, they also rumble and slap in a manner that recalls classic 90's boom-bap. This change in sound is unsurprising when you consider uknowhatimsayin?'s executive producer - none other than the legendary Q-Tip. uknowhatimsayin?'s features list also feels carefully curated. JPEGMAFIA, heir apparent to Brown's throne, gets in amongst it on 'Negro Spiritual'. Unsurprisingly this new energy turns 'Negro Spiritual' into one of the album's wildest tracks, a head-spinner that would have slotted easily into Atrocity Exhibition. Besides Run The Jewels and Brown schooling younger MCs on '3 Tearz' the other guest spots are reserved for singers - Obongjayar turns in vocals on two tracks while Blood Orange croons softly on penultimate cut 'Shine'. Danny Brown is older, wiser, and possibly better than ever on new LP uknowhatimsayin?.

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Swans album 10/25.

Leaving Meaning was written and produced by Swans frontman Michael Gira and features a lengthy list of collaborators, including members of Gira's alternate project the Angels of Light, Thor Harris, Norman Westberg, Ben Frost, the Necks, Baby Dee, and Jennifer Gira, among others. "It's Coming It's Real" was recorded with special guests Anna and Maria von Hausswolff.

spx54

Mar 21, 2019
pleased to hear Danny is still keeping elements of the AE sound

I was thinking the new album would be more like Old, which is by far his worst album imo

Doctor Doggo

Oct 25, 2017
Man I started following Freddie on insta a couple weeks ago after you guys said something. And yeah I pretty much don't want his stories unless I'm at home hahaha

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
Ok wtf is up with Gibb's stories lol.

I don't have insta, what is so special about these?

Somewhere they are archived or something?

SoundLad

Oct 30, 2017
I can't believe Atrocity Exhibition came out back in 2016...time flies..

New track (& video!) is sick!

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deets on JPEG's new album:

jqnhc6pwavk31.jpg

18 tracks 45 minutes

Jesus forgive me, i am a thot

kenan vs kel

beta male strategies

jpegmafia type beat

grimy waifu

ptsd

rap grow old & die x no child left behind

all my heroes are cornballs

bbw

Prone!

lifes hard, heres a song about sorrel

thot tactics

free the frail ft Helena Deland

Post verified lifestyle

basicbitchteargas

dots freestyle remix ft buzzy lee & ab...(cuts off here, could be ab soul idk)

buttermilk jesus type beat

papi i missed u

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Shameless self-promotion, buy ya boy is back on Rinse. My mix is 30 mins on, original footwork and club stuff

please no ffs. It's bad enough that everyone in grime is hopping on

I still haven't gotten a shipping notification. Maybe I really did get scammed

yo this kicks ass. really great drum programming/mixing. and i fuckin love me a Poe sample. the second half is all your original shit?

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018
New Post will do absolutely nothing to convert people who weren't already fans. Not even Sza will get me to come back to it. Not like basura bad, just boring with quite a few beats I wish had been given to Abel instead

Doctor Doggo

Oct 25, 2017
Hollllllllly fuck this new post is so fucking bad. Like, I've never been the biggest post fan. His singles are bops, but this legit may be his worst album yet

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
New Danny and Q is great. Hyped as hell for the album.

First listen I was like "iunno man..."

Fifth listen:

1G6hfV94_o.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.