• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolOff

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Man this beat on Savage Nomad. Had a long London-weekend (bless up Kush, your city delivered) so have only been through the album once, but I dig it. Seems like something that is way more "put this on whenever" compared to AE, but up there in terms of interesting concepts.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Belly of the Beast, uknowhatimsayin, Negro Spiritual and Shine are easily my favorites.

Combat sounds like I'm almost expecting a Doom feature. I like it.

Blackthorn

Oct 26, 2017
London
The best from Dirty Laundry sounds like it's straight out of Tearaway, and given that Danny Brown has a Vita there's a strong chance he was inspired by it. Which is weird to think about.

collige

Oct 31, 2017
Ah, I see p4k also gave Danny the "this album kicks ass but we don't wanna give it BNM because reasons" score of 8.1-8.3

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
Nah, Kanye is too much of an idiot now for them to give it to him. I reckon they'll give it to Lemonade maybe? Or TPAB.

TPAB seems like the likeliest bet, given that they put Alright at #1 on this songs list

honestly think it might be a 10 in retrospect for p4k

Like, of course there's a lot to disagree with here, but I fuck heavily with them putting Mitski at #7. It's one of my favourite songs ever.

need 'be the cowboy' on the albums list.

toku

沢山特別
Oct 25, 2017
Ne Monde
KunaiDrilla

N9XiPM9.gif

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This Pitchfork list is...baffling. I'm only at #125, and I'm bewildered at some of the choices here:

- Clairo over Gil Scott-Heron?
- Kamasi Washington's "Truth" underneath "Super Bass" by Nicki Minaj?
- "Sicko Mode" above "Kill For Love" by Chromatics?
- "AIN'T IT FUN" BY PARAMORE BEING ON THIS LIST???
- IN WHAT WORLD IS "GOSH" BY JAMIE XX BETTER THAN "RUNAWAY". IN WHAT WORLD COULD THIS BE EVEN REMOTELY TRUE.

Last edited:

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018
This Pitchfork list is...baffling. I'm only at #125, and I'm bewildered at some of the choices here:

- Clairo over Gil Scott-Heron?
- Kamasi Washington's "Truth" underneath "Super Bass" by Nicki Minaj?
- "Sicko Mode" above "Kill For Love" by Chromatics?
- "AIN'T IT FUN" BY PARAMORE BEING ON THIS LIST???
- IN WHAT WORLD IS "GOSH" BY JAMIE XX BETTER THAN "RUNAWAY". IN WHAT WORLD COULD THIS BE EVEN REMOTELY TRUE.

Which is exactly why pitchfork pisses me off so much, they are too on point with some of their musical critiques and taste for some of the bullshit they put up. It just feels like trolling. If that makes sense. List is wylin out tbh, #1 was a solid pick at least

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Which is exactly why pitchfork pisses me off so much, they are too on point with some of their musical critiques and taste for some of the bullshit they put up. It just feels like trolling. If that makes sense. List is wylin out tbh, #1 was a solid pick at least
#1 is alright, but it does feel like trolling to an extent. For example, how is "Cellophane" by FKA Twigs higher than "Two Weeks"? Why is "Bodak Yellow" as high as it is? Hell, why is "Black Beatles" above "Nights" by Frank Ocean?

It's just...baffling. I dread to see what their top 200 albums of the decade look like.

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
conde nast killed pitchfork.

hell, p4k's entire video team just got laid off like 4 days ago. and i believe the art team as well

RIP

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
WAIT, WHERE IS "POWER" BY KANYE?

WHERE IS "THE WILHELM SCREAM" OR "RETROGRADE" BY JAMES BLAKE?

NO SUFJAN?

NO "SING ABOUT ME, I'M DYING OF THIRST"?

Wow, this is spectacularly trash.
conde nast killed pitchfork so bon appetit could live

I'm ok with this
BA really did find a great way to separate itself from the rest of food YouTube, and I hope editorial gives Brad, Claire, et al. the space and creativity they need to thrive.

Catvoca

Oct 25, 2017
It is bizarre that Bitch Don't Kill my Vibe and DNA are on there but Sing About Me isn't (or Blacker the Berry, Money Trees, Fear...)

peyrin

Oct 27, 2017
California
no denzel curry

one tyler track and it's yonkers

one bon iver and it's off s/t

one 2015 future track and it's not codeine crazy

no jpegmafia

no flying lotus

L

peyrin

Oct 27, 2017
California
they did shout his runaway verse which is a top 10 verse of the decade

but imagine not putting lunch money on your top 200 of the decade

Deleted member 2779

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omissions that come to mind first are thugger and Kpop. At least someone at Pitchfork loves Visions though, Oblivion makes every damn list lmao.

torre_avenue Gust of Wind and Summer Games are both firee. Gust of Wind makes me wish more people were ripping off their vocal effects, why didn't we see clones post-RAM?

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i liked Visions well enough when it came out but it's aged really poorly for me, though admittedly after her recent singles and adidas nonsense the spell has been broken for me anyway

CoolOff

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, shit, I can't remember the last time I went back to Art Angels. Realiti (Demo) is still in rotation though.

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
In My Feelings might be the best Drake track in a while. Yeah, I know Scorpion was released last year.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, I see p4k also gave Danny the "this album kicks ass but we don't wanna give it BNM because reasons" score of 8.1-8.3
Same sweet spot that XXX and Pinata hit. CLASSIC CONFIRMED.
WAIT, WHERE IS "POWER" BY KANYE?

WHERE IS "THE WILHELM SCREAM" OR "RETROGRADE" BY JAMES BLAKE?

NO SUFJAN?

NO "SING ABOUT ME, I'M DYING OF THIRST"?

Wow, this is spectacularly trash.
Damn, didn't click on this list but that's funny across the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.