• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jacket

Oct 25, 2017
My bad G, I kinda vanished.

Terror Management shrunk on me, in comparison to Hiding Places it's kind of messy, also I'm so addicted to Armand Hammer that it's hard for me to listen to Woods for 40 minutes of 18 tracks.

I'm taking a break from Terror Management, I'll come back to it.

jacket wow you too bougie for the hip-hop thread now my guy, gotta @ me from the wristwatch thread I C I C

🧐🧐
What...in the hell did I just do...?

Edited

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
jacket why did you change your name?

rip

gYnXZ3p.gif

Blackthorn

Oct 26, 2017
London
Wwarning super super super slept on album in the mainstream for how 🔥🔥 it is. Sneak some Without Warning tracks into Halloween Playlists and see people go "??????" in the best way because Metro and co. completely nail the spooky season vibe.

Where's my Urban horror flick with " Original Score and Music by Metro Boomin"
Said it before and I'll sat it again: Without Warning is the best trap album.

jacket

Oct 25, 2017

- posts a tweet featuring a mysterious photo of a random notepad with a random tracklist scribbled on it in black ink
- says something about slavery or donald trump to get attention
- teases album release date, doesn't release said album whatsoever, either pushes album back or just "radio silence" on the day the album was supposed to drop
- posts a minute long video of himself and another well known "producer" or "rapper" in a studio vibing to music that most likely won't be on the next album anyway

Here's a new one though.

- posts a minute long video of himself and another well known "producer" or "rapper" in a studio vibing to music, but the video's audio has been muted

In conclusion, if I don't see Kanye West post a tidal, spotify, soundcloud or itunes link to new music under his name I will choose ignore anything else he says or does, brehs.

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, old Three-Six and Memphis Rap definitely hits that horrorcore spot.

And this is from last month, but fuck it. It's too hype not to post.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Probably have been revisiting and recommending Bandana more than any other rap album this year. I'm shocked how
many people have no idea who Gibbs is, he's legit like hilarious too if you follow his insta story

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
Uknowhatimsayin has so much replay value. Been listening to it nonstop all week. Not sure its as technically impressive as AE, but it has plenty of qualities that make it essential.

XXX is still his best though. Danny Brown really had some of the best output of the decade :]

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
@ sosa ERA: i finally listened to thot breaker

this shit is great
always love to see another glogang acolyte

Keef really has a weird career arc. he went from being poised to be one of the largest commercial rappers on the scene and standing up 50 Cent at shoots for his own video to just doing the kind of shit he wanted to do without really giving a fuck about broad appeal. he just kinda started making weirder shit seemingly for an audience of one. the early Lil B connection makes even more sense in retrospect considering how Keef wound up kinda living up to that 'based' ideal in the end. there's some really great shit in his discography, check out his stuff around the Bang 3/Nobody era too[/QUOTE]

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
always love to see another glogang acolyte

Keef really has a weird career arc. he went from being poised to be one of the largest commercial rappers on the scene and standing up 50 Cent at shoots for his own video to just doing the kind of shit he wanted to do without really giving a fuck about broad appeal. he just kinda started making weirder shit seemingly for an audience of one. the early Lil B connection makes even more sense in retrospect considering how Keef wound up kinda living up to that 'based' ideal in the end. there's some really great shit in his discography, check out his stuff around the Bang 3/Nobody era too

the leek tapes got some hits

lacer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

"fuck rehab, rehab make me laugh
rather be up in jail, gettin a lotta mail"
punk rock as fuck

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also, apparently Sauce Walka dropped a boom-bap inspired album this year, and it's pretty good? I have no frame of reference for him, so I'd assume he primarily works in trap.

lacer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also, apparently Sauce Walka dropped a boom-bap inspired album this year, and it's pretty good? I have no frame of reference for him, so I'd assume he primarily works in trap.

you can be forgiven for not knowing the who the guy from Houston who exposed Drake as a john was but what kind of amorphous definition of "boom bap" would this ever fall into

OG Kush

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Whether you like Stormzy's music or not, you can't deny the guy's a role model for the youth of the UK today. The way he carries and presents himself, no BS no drama, and the good he does for the community as well. The guy started a scholarship program for black kids at University of Cambridge.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
The Weeknd's 'My Dear Melancholy' will get a limited vinyl release on Black Friday Record Store Day. All the songs will be featured on Side A, while Side B has been etched.

More here. There are some interesting hiphop releases on the list this year. From Cardi's first mixtape to Czarface, to the first ever vinyl re-release of Nas' Stillmatic.

Last edited:

lacer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
that cover says a lot more about Time than it does Stormzy tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.