• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VISION

Oct 25, 2017
Was in the front row at Danny Brown's first tour stop last night. It was wild, highly recommend.

BgF2WVJ.png

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
some heat in there, yeah. even a new Rustie track - hope he's been getting better, he stepped away over 3 years ago.
I miss his work. Considering he left because of a severe issue with substances, I'm glad he's taking his first tentative steps back to music.

All those tweets about the disrespect of "Glass Swords" on these "Best of 2010s" lists were right.

Also, this Mutant Joe fella has produced some highkey bangers.

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017

I miss his work. Considering he left because of a severe issue with substances, I'm glad he's taking his first tentative steps back to music.

All those tweets about the disrespect of "Glass Swords" on these "Best of 2010s" lists were right.

Also, this Mutant Joe fella has produced some highkey bangers.

Glass Swords one of the most influential albums of this decade, can't tell me otherwise. people still making struggle rip-offs of 2012-era Rustie (and TNGHT/HudMo) in commercials/jingles these days.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Big Sean's forthcoming album is called "Don Life", and will release in "the fall." More details here.
One of the new tracks off Don Life is "Wolves," a collaboration with Post Malone. What's the story behind that one?
[That song is about] my family growing up. Everybody's in there, my grandma, my mom, my brother — it's like they were a pack of wolves and they were the sweetest and strongest. It's one of my favorites on the album.

How did you and Post connect for it?
Post Malone heard it early. I ran into him at a restaurant, and we were kicking it. It was like a mutual-respect-type of exchange. We were both working, so I'm like, "I got this song. See what you think." When I sent it to him he was like, "Man, this is incredible. I have to, let's do it." A$AP Rocky is on there too, at the very beginning just doing some ad-libs.

I thought that sounded like Rocky's voice.
Rocky had a verse on [the song originally], but he ended up doing the verse to another song that he and I felt fit a little better with the album. That's another song I got with MadeinTYO. But I just kept it dialed-in throughout. There's a song where Meek Mill just says two lines, and Puff had a couple of lines.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
My favorite Hip-Hop sub-genre is making a comeback: Jay-Z Clone. I love it more than you know.

Came in here to post this. No bullshit I thought this nigga was lip-syncing. For a minute I turned around and thought i was listening to Jay.

Did you see this one?

I.
Am.
Cracking.
Up.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
Whole album good really

I was kidding, he just hasn't done shit for a few years and TDE does not seem to be well run at this point.
Was in the front row at Danny Brown's first tour stop last night. It was wild, highly recommend.

BgF2WVJ.png
Goddamn he runs through some great tracks. Only 4 tracks from ukno is somewhat surprising, specifically feel like Theme Song and Combat should definitely make it.

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Big Sean's forthcoming album is called "Don Life", and will release in "the fall." More details here.

If it wasn't for Double or Nothing being so exceptional, I would say Big Sean is really close to being washed. I'm still thinking it because I Decided was so meh, and it seems like he's keeping on this similar tryhard inspirational vibe that just doesn't resonate.

I'm excited for the song with MadeinTYO though. Skateboard P shouldn't slap half as hard as it does, and the start of his verse is super memorable.

Made in To-ky-o
damn
Just like most-my-clothes
damn

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
YouTube started recommending videos of Carti set to anime clips and this is how I learnt that I've strayed from the right path.

VISION

Oct 25, 2017
I was kidding, he just hasn't done shit for a few years and TDE does not seem to be well run at this point.

Goddamn he runs through some great tracks. Only 4 tracks from ukno is somewhat surprising, specifically feel like Theme Song and Combat should definitely make it.
Yeah, I was kinda surprised but also it was cool that he's still doing a lot of stuff from XXX I wasn't expecting to hear. There wasn't any encore, but it was alright cause his set was like 2 hours and he brought the energy the whole time.

Blackthorn

Oct 26, 2017
London
Danny Brown didn't do an encore when I saw him either, which really confused the crowd. Everyone milled around for ages before shrugging and heading out.

He does a flawless set, by far one of the most professional shows I've been to, despite the intensity of the atmosphere. Great duration of tracks, didn't miss a line, didn't waste time – which I didn't expect from his image back then.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lmao @ Danny being like "i've never done any of this shit"

Status
Not open for further replies.