• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jacket

Oct 25, 2017
i'm surprised drake hasn't done a baby voice track yet
U99Lcbj.gif

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
ha! over 4 years ago i posted in this thread about discovering and being fascinated by Baile Funk and how i think it's gonna be a new trend in a few years in the rest of the world and now we get a Drake remix. i already have been hearing more and more of those signature vocal chops ("boom chuck chuck...") and rhythms in the last years in Rinse FM/First Ear/Boiler Room mixes and even mainstream rap productions e.g. the MC Pocahontas vocal samples on Future's HNDRXX's Fresh Air.

a few moths ago Netflix even dropped their own crime/drama show Sintonia based on a group of friends in the favelas and one of them trying to become big in Funk music (played by an actual artist).

Last edited:

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
He's long overdue to get his talons on baile funk, could have chosen a song with better production. Sango hasn't been busting his ass out here for the last few years for nothing.
ohh nice, didn't know the Sango projects and there's some dope stuff on the one you linked (i feel like i heard some of the tracks off this and the sequel in the various future bass/beats mixes i bumped in the last few years).

---
late night listening

Last edited:

OG Kush

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hate on Diplo now, but man use to be on shit. His productions, DJing skills, outlook for new music.... He made a documentary on Baile Funk 11(!) years ago:

and a baile funk track of his produced in 2004:

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
bobbychalkers thx for the Sango rep, those Rocinha albums are flames. also just saw he tweeted this a few weeks ago already - did Drake have another Funk remix/feat prior to that and i mssed it or did Sango just know about the MC Kevin one before it was offcial?

Nov 7, 2017
Speaking of baile funk crossovers:

I feel like Brazilian funk has been trying to break into the US mainstream like reggaeton but hasn't been that successful yet....Drake needs to hop on a Anitta track or some shit instead of that garbage

Cheddahz

Oct 25, 2017
wiki dropped another single before his album comes out tomorrow (and it features denzel curry and lil ugly mane)

bobbychalkers

Oct 26, 2017
Hate on Diplo now, but man use to be on shit. His productions, DJing skills, outlook for new music.... He made a documentary on Baile Funk 11(!) years ago:

and a baile funk track of his produced in 2004:

I was bumping the shit out of his only solo album Florida and his first two Baile Funk mixes a decade ago. He really doesn't make music like that anymore.
bobbychalkers thx for the Sango rep, those Rocinha albums are flames. also just saw he tweeted this a few weeks ago already - did Drake have another Funk remix/feat prior to that and i mssed it or did Sango just know about the MC Kevin one before it was offcial?

This is his first foray into the sound as far as I know.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
The appeal of Baile Funk is lost on me. We've had a lot of Baile Funk inspired music on the Dutch charts the last couple of years, especially productions from guys like Jack Shirak and Yung Felix, but at least those tracks sound good and are usually pretty well produced. Most Baile Funk I've heard just sounds... bad... The sound quality of the vocals is terrible and the mixing most of the time sounds awful, with percussion clipping through the roof. I just don't understand it. I remember listening to MC Fioti (posted above) a couple years back and just not getting why his shit sounds so bad. Last night because of this thread I checked out some of his recent music and I stumbled upon this gem, uploaded 1 week ago:

This dude is in Dubai, riding in a very expensive car, posing at a very expensive house, probably all rentals, but that doesn't matter since this video still cost them thousands of dollars to shoot. But the quality of the audio is just atrocious. They can spend 10k-20k+ on a music video but can't give this kid $1500 to get a Neumann mic to improve his vocals? The worst is when you listen to a track with 3 different artist, who clearly all recorded their verses on their own shitty toy store mic in stead of in the same studio. I don't understand how, as an artists, it's acceptable to you to release your music in such a bad state. Isn't music something you invest a lot of love and care in? Something that means a lot to you?

Same with the Drake track. Drake's vocals actually sound well mixed, but the rest of the song is just grating on the ears. I just don't understand it... What am I missing here?

Status
Not open for further replies.