• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i think i finally understand the clairo hype

because the documentary is a classic album
so is supreme clientele yet i dont see you lil fuckers riding for Mighty Healthy!

i kid i'm just glad this song is transcending beyond it's 2005 peak. fantastic sample and fantastic hook, arguably peak 50. hell i'd argue the end of the fake G-Unit quintilogy lead to the end of the dominance of NYC in the rap landscape

peyrin

Oct 27, 2017
California
1917 with the super on-the-nose one take gimmick definitely gives off "real cinema" bait vibes. nolan stans will be eating. inarritu stans will be eating. it will probably do quite well at the oscars

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar

in summation...

1917 with the super on-the-nose one take gimmick definitely gives off "real cinema" bait vibes. nolan stans will be eating. inarritu stans will be eating. it will probably do quite well at the oscars

inarritu slander lmaooooo 😭😭😭

his films mostly mid tho i get it

so is supreme clientele yet i dont see you lil fuckers riding for Mighty Healthy!

i kid i'm just glad this song is transcending beyond it's 2005 peak. fantastic sample and fantastic hook, arguably peak 50. hell i'd argue the end of the fake G-Unit quintilogy lead to the end of the dominance of NYC in the rap landscape

easily one of my favourite hip hop songs of all time

that beat is beautiful, sample and drums sit perfectly... and then 50 delivers that hook to elevate it even more

lacer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
that beat is beautiful, sample and drums sit perfectly... and then 50 delivers that hook to elevate it even more
it's the best of 50's writing and the best of Dre's production and Game delivers the most perfect verse of his career. G Unit broke up over this song and it was all downhill for NYC rap from here

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The fuckers in the Academy snubbed Uncut Gems and Little Women for directing. I'm glad Florence got nominated for Supporting Actress and the LW got script noms, but Greta not getting anything for directing and Uncut Gems getting outright snubbed is a crime.

I'm mad.

lacer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lol Jojo Rabbit for best picture and Todd Philips for best director. what a joke

peyrin

Oct 27, 2017
California
every awards season there's always one trashy director we have to suddenly pretend is prestige and place alongside the likes of scorsese and tarantino for like half a year and it's looking like todd phillips is that director this year

Catvoca

Oct 25, 2017
You guys acting like the genius who directed the Hangover Trilogy isn't on the level of Scorsese smh

lacer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
every awards season there's always one trashy director we have to suddenly pretend is prestige and place alongside the likes of scorsese and tarantino for like half a year and it's looking like todd phillips is that director this year
Phillips did himself a favor by channeling Scorsese so hard. if you pretend you're making a movie by someone who makes really good movies you can trick the dumb babies in the academy into thinking you're good at making movies too
You guys acting like the genius who directed the Hangover Trilogy isn't on the level of Scorsese smh
credit where it's due, Hated is a pretty fantastic doc

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe I loved Knives Out too much but I thought I'd get more noms. Also the only category I truly care for right now is animated. Spider Verse 2 please.

Deleted member 2779

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel dirty for wasting fifteen minutes of my life looking through the noms and ensuing discussion. I'm gonna go back to my regularly scheduled programme of watching great movies, starting with a rewatch of Portrait of a Lady on Fire today. If the Academy wasn't an American-Hollywood wankfest Portrait and Parasite should sweep.

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar

imma get LAAAAaAAAaaaAZzzzzYYYYYYyyyYYY

Mr. Krabs_blurry.jpg

I haven't seen it yet but that sounds like a yikes. I'll still catch it at some point though.

this sums it up pretty well:

If you can imagine The Tin Drum converted into an insidiously sentimental satire-lite, you'll have some idea of what this terrible film is like: a pointless Hitler-spoofy YA adventure with a 12A certificate, obtusely accentuating little-kid cuteness and optimism amid the quaintly imagined non-horror.

toku

沢山特別
Oct 25, 2017
Ne Monde

This is the song off Marcberg that made me a fan. Only reason I didn't link it is because honestly? Roc is one of the few artists where you can actually really hear his improvement. He's way way more confident now in both his production and lyrics/flow. Marcberg is a classic but Roc has a couple at this point.

Net_Wrecker

Oct 25, 2017
This is the song off Marcberg that made me a fan. Only reason I didn't link it is because honestly? Roc is one of the few artists where you can actually really hear his improvement. He's way way more confident now in both his production and lyrics/flow. Marcberg is a classic but Roc has a couple at this point.

Case in point:

One of my favorite singles last year

2019 Oscar Pool
OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey, folks. In honor of the Oscars, I wanted to do a little something and create a little Oscar pool that we can all participate in. You will have until February 8th 11:59 PM PST to enter your votes. I've made it so you can alter votes, but if that doesn't work, just redo the form. I will use the most recent entry prior to the deadline.

It consists of all the categories that will be presented on the night, plus a bonus tie-breaker related to when the show will end. EDIT: It appears the time question is acting wonky, so I am gonna change it to a text field.

Hidden content
You need -1 more posts to view this content
Winner will receive a $20 giftcard to the digital storefront of their choice. Happy guessing!

Last edited:

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
KUNGFU KENNY BRINGING BACK RAP ROCK.

He's been using rock for years so I wonder what they mean by this. Surely it's not going to be some kind of Eminem or Slaughterhouse type stuff. I imagine it'll be similar to what he's done in the past except with less jazz. He's probably got a lot of rock samples that he'll twist, add in some more guitars and be good. I mean I was a rock track, a lot of tracks on his albums were rock influenced.

peyrin

Oct 27, 2017
California
jojo rabbit looks AWFUL so i will definitely see it

Also the only category I truly care for right now is animated. Spider Verse 2 please.

as satisfying as it is to see a disney cash grab sequel finally get shut out, it still sucks that toy story 4 is probably gonna win over all the other incredible animation that came out last year

Inkvoterad

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dang, just realized Midsommar didn't get a single nomination, and it was the best film of the year.

Oh well, at least once upon a time in hollywood and parasite is great, but there's no chance parasite is winning.

Inkvoterad

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
But at the end of the day, who cares. American film elite's opinion isn't exactly something one would put much value in.

Status
Not open for further replies.