• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
Parasite wins best picture
Ireland has a left wing majority top the polls for the first time
The goat Scorsese gives me a perfect Em reaction image

What a day it's been.

we love to see it. especially the ireland news

"In the Mood For Love" is in my top 10 of all time.

It's pure eye-candy. The smoke drifting in the air, the red curtains billowing in the breeze, slow-mo Maggie Cheung boiling in a cheong-sam.

this scene >>>>>>>>>>

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Look at all the superb film taste ITT

I still remember how this album changed how I consumed music. Before this it was pretty much all 60s and 70s because of my dad's influence. Hip-hop/rap never really was a thing for me.
The second I heard , " We wasn't supposed to make it past 25/ Joke's on you we still alive" , everything changed. Happy 16yrs

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar

Look at all the superb film taste ITT

I still remember how this album changed how I consumed music. Before this it was pretty much all 60s and 70s because of my dad's influence. Hip-hop/rap never really was a thing for me.
The second I heard , " We wasn't supposed to make it past 25/ Joke's on you we still alive" , everything changed. Happy 16yrs

college dropout was the first rap album i obsessed over, changed my life

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The Money Store might be finally clicking with me... Threw it on after class and the noise doesn't just sound like "noise" to me like it used to.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
It's not even that I think Death Grips is just noise to me because I used to listen to a lot of noise rock like Boredoms, Boris and Melt Banana but I dunno, only a few of their songs really grab me.

jacket

Oct 25, 2017

q8Y8PPs.gif

peyrin

Oct 27, 2017
California

TCD also my first rap album. goat.

"In the Mood For Love" is in my top 10 of all time.

It's pure eye-candy. The smoke drifting in the air, the red curtains billowing in the breeze, slow-mo Maggie Cheung boiling in a cheong-sam.

christopher doyle 👑

Deleted member 2779

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you're a fan of In the mood for love I'd 100% not miss Portrait of a Lady on Fire. Seems like it hasn't even debuted in America yet? 🤔🤔

yagal

Oct 25, 2017
I managed to win my Oscar pool by putting my faith in Parasite, so tonight is all good.

The final tally:
  1. peyrin - 19
  2. ViewtifulJC - 16
  3. Moonkid, yagal - 14
  4. lacer - 12
  5. TheGreatDirector - 11
  6. Catvoca - 10
  7. Icolin - 9
  8. kai3345, enzo_gt, Bacon - 8
  9. Riotous - 7
  10. GJ - 6
Thank you all for playing! If this community manages to last another year, I'd love to do this again!

Illithid Dude

Oct 26, 2017
damn, we really in this thread talking about boris. pink was a truly seminal album for me, blew my fourth grade mind.

anyway, welcome to death grips lmao. see you on the other side.

edit: dm me for my criterion channel log in. in hip hop era we down to educate.

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was reading this article about streaming figures, and I saw this:
Let's look at the cumulative streams of the Top 5 audio streaming artists in the United States over the past three years – all based on BuzzAngle numbers, taken from the platform's annual Top 25 chart.

Here's 2019's Top 5:
  1. Post Malone (5.47bn streams);
  2. Drake (5.33bn);
  3. Billie Eilish (3.81bn);
  4. Ariana Grande (3.72bn);
  5. Youngboy Never Broke Again (3.49bn).
I never thought NBA Youngboy was THIS huge.

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
He's been insanely huge on YouTube for whatever reason for like 3 years.

I think it's partly the sheer amount of music he puts on there.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Retch's album "Lean & Neck" popped up in my recommended after I listened to Money Store. Haven't visited this in years.

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He's been insanely huge on YouTube for whatever reason for like 3 years.

I think it's partly the sheer amount of music he puts on there.
The survey results up there ignore YouTube streams, so that figure is purely off of Spotify/AM streams. Either way, that's crazy impressive for an artist who's nowhere near arena status.

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
i've been remarking ITT for awhile about how fucking massive nba youngboy is on youtube

he just dropped this vid last night and it's already almost at a million views

plus he already got like 12 music videos all above 100 million views

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018
TBH YBNBA/ NBAYB Lk 🔥🔥🔥 FR fr fr
🚫🧢📠📠📠

I wish chris brown wasn't so problematic, seeing so many dancing couple videos due to it being Vday week. Ugh his songs set a mood

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Drake just signed a multi-year partnership with streaming company Caffeine.

His first venture with them will be to bring SMACK/URL battles into the mainstream, starting with the Genesis event on February 29th.

Battle rap just keeps getting bigger and bigger. Smack and Beasley have been putting in work this past year especially whew

SMMMMMMMMMRRRAAACKKKKKK

Status
Not open for further replies.