• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Boogie album features are actually pretty good but my goodness the list of rappers who cant sustain an hr long album but think that they can...
UZI MVP

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
uzi making that moaning sound on reply is more memorable than anything a boogie does on the album

i liked his two prior albums fwiw but this is meh

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018
That Tame Impala thread got me to check out the band Tennis which I had never heard before and their album is a fun listen for sure, them plugging the, into Twitter found that someone recommended this debut album. I am the last person that knows anything about Indie pop/rock but this was great, especially for a debut album

HiResDes

Oct 25, 2017
That Tame Impala thread got me to check out the band Tennis which I had never heard before and their album is a fun listen for sure, them plugging the, into Twitter found that someone recommended this debut album. I am the last person that knows anything about Indie pop/rock but this was great, especially for a debut album

You know people talk shit about Pitchfork but I knew about all of those bands because of it lol. Tennis is aight.

toku

沢山特別
Oct 25, 2017
Ne Monde

ehfaFSx.gif

#FREEDRAKEO

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018
You know people talk shit about Pitchfork but I knew about all of those bands because of it lol. Tennis is aight.
I would actually agree, I talk shit about them because when they get something wrong or when they get up their own asses they get it really really wrong or get really really far up their asses. They've turned me onto so much new music tbh, so has Twitter.

I just type in new music today and if it's something I've never heard of I just do a little digging and if people are really really passionate about it (like that beach bunny ) I give it a listen

peyrin

Oct 27, 2017
California
portrait of a lady on fire is overall pretty good and has some really stunning shots but between portrait and carol, id like to see some queer cinema that isn't austere reserved period piece get some buzz too. feel like there's so much you can explore with the genre beyond old timey white women realizing they're gay

ok, I don't get what the fuzz was about Uncut Gems, it didn't have anything to say unless I missed some big subtext. just a simple "gangsters want their money back" thing. also was obnoxious to watch for the sake of feeling "EXHILARATING".

have you seen good time? definitely the more accessible of the safdies' two big anxiety cinema flicks

this a complete mess lmao

is this just going to be four separate songs edited together

Last edited:

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017

this a complete mess lmao

Nah this is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than the original, mostly because it gets rid of most of Drake's wack part of the song and the features came with it. Unfortunately gets rid of the best part of the song tho

Racks by the ton, I call up Serena
I go tremendo for new fettuccine
All fact though, carat the pinky
All fact though, we ordered the Fiji

giphy.gif

jacket

Oct 25, 2017
Nah this is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than the original, mostly because it gets rid of most of Drake's wack part of the song and the features came with it. Unfortunately gets rid of the best part of the song tho

Racks by the ton, I call up Serena
I go tremendo for new fettuccine
All fact though, carat the pinky
All fact though, we ordered the Fiji

giphy.gif
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaalll fact though, carat the pinky
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaalll fact though, we ordered the Fiji

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes that shit be lowkey hittin after a blunt. Lazy boy type beat when you don't feel like pulling out the bread like a POS

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously though, have rappers never heard of Grailed or stockX?

They always buy from the way overpriced reseller stores lmao.

jacket

Oct 25, 2017

Uq2bbF5.png

YG, Thugga, Gunna, Trippie, Biebz etc. in there tho

This really feels no different from Lil Dicky's entire real life Rap story. When I first heard of dude, he was using his white privilege to film a music video in a bunch of random middle class peoples' homes. None of his music has been spectacular, and his entire spiel has been, "Look at me, I'm a goofy looking Jewish dude from Philly, how did I get myself into Rap, isn't that silly?", and ran with it. Plus, from that trailer it just looks like another, white guy who doesn't fit into black culture awkwardly walks into black culture where all of the black people teach him how to be cool and how to rap, because he's a white guy who doesn't know any better, and rappers constantly ribbing him like, "lol you're so white and awkward, what are you doing here homeboy?".

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
This really feels no different from Lil Dicky's entire real life Rap story. When I first heard of dude, he was using his white privilege to film a music video in a bunch of random middle class peoples' homes. None of his music has been spectacular, and his entire spiel has been, "Look at me, I'm a goofy looking Jewish dude from Philly, how did I get myself into Rap, isn't that silly?", and ran with it. Plus, from that trailer it just looks like another, white guy who doesn't fit into black culture awkwardly walks into black culture where all of the black people teach him how to be cool and how to rap, because he's a white guy who doesn't know any better, and rappers constantly ribbing him like, "lol you're so white and awkward, what are you doing here homeboy?", just seems wack.

Like I dunno man I kind of just get tired of this kind of shit, but despite what I said it's probably going to be a funny show and I'm just being shortsighted.

I mean I find him largely inoffensive but yeah, the dude used bar mitzvah money to start his career. He didn't exactly have a rough go at at. The one saving grace of his, is that he never claimed he struggled. Dude is relatively self aware. But his whole rise is still a head scratcher to me.

eleuin

Oct 25, 2017
I remember learning about tennis back on gaf, still have young & old on my 1st Gen iPod touch, cool to see they're still kicking

Status
Not open for further replies.