• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fevaweva

Oct 30, 2017
I'm not trying to clown but saying you didn't know how melodic Bone Thugs n HARMONY could be is like saying you didn't know Busta Rhymes could bust fast rhymes.

I just thought it was a name because, like I said, my only exposure to them was that feature on Lord by A$AP Ferg where all they did was rap at 100 miles an hour for 3 minutes straight. No melody there.

True. I think the hyperbole is a lot more extreme considering Gambino is basically the only Renaissance Man in hip-hop. Because there's no one else in hip-hop doing the kind of things he's doing in film, television, and music, the praise gets more intense.

"Awaken, My Love!" is really interesting and "Redbone" is a top-tier pop song.

My problem with Redbone and "Awaken My Love!" is that it felt like it was Gambino's best impression of Maxwell or D'Angelo.

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
I respect Donald Glover a lot. I've long wanted someone as young, creative, innovative, and multi-talented as him to emerge from my own community so I can have someone like him to stan.

To be clear, I haven't listened to 3.15.20 yet, but his hitting average just isn't there, mostly when it comes to music. I've listened to everything from Camp onwards, and he just can't nail down a musical identity (or even identities) or come with a consistent project (if anything, Camp was the most consistent). I know This Is America was this whole cultural phenomena that convinced the world he's a genius, but the song was garbage. Still can't believe anyone listened to that more than once in absence of the video.

I used to hate on the dude for being a soulless Wayne/Kanye amalgamation because.. he was.. but he was always doing some really interesting things in and out of music amongst all of his mediocre efforts (Atlanta, his AOTL Remix, This Is America and various Because The Internet videos) and I felt with Awaken, My Love! he actually started progressing towards his own sort of style. He's just not there yet. He's had potential for the better part of the decade, but I don't think he's quite there yet. Which is okay, since I think his music is basically his means of figuring his own weird ass out, and that's half of why younger fans identify with it in the first place.

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
Flesh N Bone's T.H.U.G.S. is my second favorite BTNH project; it is the only other project that has that super clean eerie consistent sound that East 1999 had.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
S/O to Agar25 I know you mentioned yoga a few times and those stretches after a workout have been my most anticipated part of a workout.

toku

沢山特別
Oct 25, 2017
Ne Monde
I always figured I'd be listening to a toku curated soundtrack as the world burns.
Ditto, lol.

Finally sat down with the last Moneybagg Yo the other day and I was surprised it didn't get more love.

tumblr_pfaeyttitA1r0msi2o6_r1_540.gifv

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
5 year anniversary of one of my favourite albums

my bro left today, fuck
hot sauce in my cup of noodles; you taught me that
i ain't seen you in some years and this news right here
almost made me have a heart attack
your mama heart intact
we just spoke, i couldn't stomach that
i'm going to london on the first
i'm bringin you somethin back
a house on the hill with a big ass grill
where we could have a boxing match

japan, australia, i know you be proud of that

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
this taylor & kanye thing really never gonna die huh

well kanye a washed dumbass now so i'm not engaging in the posting wars for him anymore

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Love hearing this! You'll thank yourself very much in due time, im never stiff anymore it's such a danged blessing
S/O to Agar25 I know you mentioned yoga a few times and those stretches after a workout have been my most anticipated part of a workout.
Which yoga stretches are you all using? Google turned this page up:
https://www.prevention.com/fitness/workouts/g30417941/best-yoga-stretches/
It is something I want to start doing, since I am one inflexible potato.

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018

I got you as soon as I finish my workout haha, A lot of the stuff that got me started was going back to doing a lot of athletic stretches I had learned, Rugby stretches in particular. Also, everyone has different body types and different thresholds of soreness, nagging injuries/stiffness in different parts of their body. So just let yourself in the mindset of this is a long project so I asked to not get frustrated right away.People google yoga poses and see all this crazy stuff and get intimidated without realizing but you really have to build a base first, just like if you were starting a lifting program in the gym. People that are really professional in yoga also do it daily, it is really ingrained in them as a lifestyle. It will take time and at first you'll discover which parts of your body "open up" better/worse than others before your whole body starts to be in tu

Ex/ All the time in the gym and never realized how awesome hip flexibility, eliminating hip stiffness would be, how it would enhance a lot of things in life.

One of the best parts is think of it as you walk into a stupid crowded gym on your first day of lifting versus years later. In the former you're probably overwhelmed because you want to get on that bench or the squat rack, etc. whereas When you're more seasoned you know just how many different variations of different exercises you can use to stimulate whatever body part you're going after on a given day.

Same with yoga once it starts to "click" you'll be able to listen to the different parts of your body day to day and give them what they need.

Last edited:

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, y'all (HiResDes ?) weren't kidding, songs from Eternal Atake and LUV vs. The World 2 legitimately make up half of my favourite songs this year. HRD is right that it's more monotonous and basically the same bop/flow over and over but.. its hittin right now

My diamonds they cooler than Cool J (Yah)
No, no, your swag don't move me (No)
That's not a new Rollie, that's a new face (What?)
Spent fifty racks in Gucci
Spent eighty racks in Louis (Let's go)

AnotherFaithfulAdouri-size_restricted.gif

pochi

Oct 25, 2017
Nice a hiphop thread.
This year I got to appreciate hiphop a lot more, thanks to a certain twitch streamer who shared his playlist.
Before I listened to some hiphop, but more on the mainstream side of things.
I was more on rock, grew up with pop punk lol.
Here's my instant favorite when I listened to that playlist

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
Nice a hiphop thread.
This year I got to appreciate hiphop a lot more, thanks to a certain twitch streamer who shared his playlist.

welcome!

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018

im gonna just put some stuff together and dm it so as not to clutter the thread but until then, And I'm being totally serious here, DDP Yoga has a free week trial on the App Store. It is honestly a really great way to start because he created the program for people that are super super out of shape, older, battling existing injuries. Super easy to use and follow.

My biggest advice for anyone is no matter what kind of stretch you're doing in the moment, try to imagine like those scenes in media where you go inside someone's body to see all the nerve impulses flying from point to point.

like if you just try to doing a diamond cutter pose overhead , completely flexing your arms.. being able to go from your fingertips to your forearms to your elbow joints to your triceps biceps shoulders and then feeling your back all tensed up, then work your way down your body and then back up again.

Being able to flex a muscle and immediately isolate that sensation then continue to move that flex all along your body, keeping that nerve energy current moving all over your body.

Being able to say OK, if this were a comic TV show and we were diving into my body to see my powers awaken what would that look ? Then practicing visualizing your different muscles coming alive throughout your body as you continue to flex them.

That is all a very long-winded way of saying develop a "mind muscle connection "but I tend to get carried away when I use voice dictation myb

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
Nice a hiphop thread.

Omg, Digable Planets haha thats a name i havent heard in a long time.
Rebirth of Slick is a hip-hop classic

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I respect Donald Glover a lot. I've long wanted someone as young, creative, innovative, and multi-talented as him to emerge from my own community so I can have someone like him to stan.

To be clear, I haven't listened to 3.15.20 yet, but his hitting average just isn't there, mostly when it comes to music. I've listened to everything from Camp onwards, and he just can't nail down a musical identity (or even identities) or come with a consistent project (if anything, Camp was the most consistent). I know This Is America was this whole cultural phenomena that convinced the world he's a genius, but the song was garbage. Still can't believe anyone listened to that more than once in absence of the video.

I used to hate on the dude for being a soulless Wayne/Kanye amalgamation because.. he was.. but he was always doing some really interesting things in and out of music amongst all of his mediocre efforts (Atlanta, his AOTL Remix, This Is America and various Because The Internet videos) and I felt with Awaken, My Love! he actually started progressing towards his own sort of style. He's just not there yet. He's had potential for the better part of the decade, but I don't think he's quite there yet. Which is okay, since I think his music is basically his means of figuring his own weird ass out, and that's half of why younger fans identify with it in the first place.
Yeah, I feel like he has some good tracks, but even the rapping is more some of his weaker stand up lines as songs (or that's what they feel like) until Awaken, My Love! (wish he did more weird shit like that). I agree with everything you say in your post though, but I love everything about him but his music (which I even listen to here and there). But now, if we wanna talk production...he has some strong ass instrumentals.

HiResDes

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, y'all (HiResDes ?) weren't kidding, songs from Eternal Atake and LUV vs. The World 2 legitimately make up half of my favourite songs this year. HRD is right that it's more monotonous and basically the same bop/flow over and over but.. its hittin right now

My diamonds they cooler than Cool J (Yah)
No, no, your swag don't move me (No)
That's not a new Rollie, that's a new face (What?)
Spent fifty racks in Gucci
Spent eighty racks in Louis (Let's go)

AnotherFaithfulAdouri-size_restricted.gif
Oh don't get me wrong I fuck with both albums!

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
I mean it's good, but beeeeetter than the original? There's like an 00's innocent poppiness in the original that kinda gets lost in what is basically a posse cut.

I'd say about equal.
I like the original more because it just flows better and is less segmented/choppy. I've got mixed feelings about Rico's verse too.

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
Status
Not open for further replies.