• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HiResDes

Oct 25, 2017
The biggest back to back weeks of the year in terms of video games starts this friday so i hope no worthwhile albums are dropping this or next week lol
What releases?

Had Cyberpunk 2077 really released next month it would have saved my sanity for the next few locked down months. Well if I make it out alive, the ER is getting a little dicey.

jacket

Oct 25, 2017
jacket we need them gifs again whew

Vhdynxc.gif

hiQSJn3.gif

mJMEAPb.gif

41wBzr8.gif

tbnBx34.gif

7InpkZn.gif

Catvoca

Oct 25, 2017
I really dig the production on the new Skepta. Very far away from Grime but it's wavy. The rhymes are whatever but the album is full of bops.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The more I read about RE3 cutting content the more I'm left scratching my head over the GOTY win for RE2. RE2 is dope, but knowing that the B scenario wasn't even a B scenario. Idk it just seemed like a pretty big oversight to not make it a unique 6 hour perspective. Followed by all these locations getting cut in 3. I wonder if stuff like this will change how people view these remakes? Imagine if 4 didn't even have the village. Lol.

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
late final impressions of the lil baby album: there's like 3 good songs here (no sucker, emotionally scarred, heatin up) lmao keep the rest, idk why i thought this was fire at first

collige

Oct 31, 2017
If anyone's an old school dubstep fan, Loefah just re-released a bunch of his old shit on Bandcamp. I still think Goat Stare has the heaviest bass ever, real speaker blowing shit.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
I need to listen to westside gunn of tyler beats lol.

Pray for paris Tracklist

400 Million Plus Tax

No Vacancy (prod. DJ Muggs)

George Bendo (feat. Conway & Benny) [prod. Daringer]

327 (feat. Joey Bada$$, Tyler the Creator, Billie Essco) [prod. Camo Monk]

French Toast (feat. Wale & Joyce Lunce) [prod. Camo Monk]

Euro Step (prod. Beat Conductor)

Allah Sent Me (feat. Benny & Conway) [prod. Daringer]

$500 Ounces (feat. Freddie Gibbs & Roc Marci) [prod. Alchemist]

Ver$ace (prod. Jay Versace)

Claymore Kick (feat. Boldy James) [prod. Alchemist]

Party wit Pop Smoke (feat. Keisha Plum) [prod. Tyler the Creator]

LE Djoliba Cartier Williams (?????) (prod. Bahama Lunch???)

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Watching Gibbs on InstaLive have girls join in to dance as he drinks and plays music in " Club Diego" Is what I needed today. It's hilarious because none of these people he puts on are cute lmao and him kicking people of stream is killing me

Last edited:

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
Freddie when there's booty on his live

7Fj.gif

also this quest stream was another great mix. i hope he realizes we're gonna be stuck in here for a long time.

HiResDes

Oct 25, 2017
I'm loving it man. Hope they stay healthy.
Honestly they're always super uninformed about everything that doesn't originate or work out of the dusty 90s. I don't think they're good reviewers. I don't take anything that they say seriously that isn't a review of some boom bap. I shook my head pretty hard when whatever his name couldn't figure that Part 2 was a followup to X0 Tour Life. There are some pretty interesting and weird flows on Eternal Atake that Uzi has only shown glimpses of before and while it's not a weirdo rap album by means there is enough experimentation here and there to say that Uzi is utilizing some of those outside influences that Myke seems to expect from his persona. I also don't think people understand that Uzi is a big fan of punk music. The upside cross is more than likely an homage or ode to GG Allin than it is to Aleister Crowley. There's definitely a GG Allin, punk ethos to how Uzi approaches music making though he still manages to fit it within the zeitgeist of popular modern radio rap. This whole notion that he's an outsider, an alien, or an alien abductee is as much an ode to GG thinking he's Jesus as it is to prime Lil Wayne.

Oct 26, 2017

Honestly they're always super uninformed about everything that doesn't originate or work out of the dusty 90s. I don't think they're good reviewers. I don't take anything that they say seriously that isn't a review of some boom bap. I shook my head pretty hard when whatever his name couldn't figure that Part 2 was a followup to X0 Tour Life. There are some pretty interesting and weird flows on Eternal Atake that Uzi has only shown glimpses of before and while it's not a weirdo rap album by means there is enough experimentation here and there to say that Uzi is utilizing some of those outside influences that Myke seems to expect from his persona. I also don't think people understand that Uzi is a big fan of punk music. The upside cross is more than likely an homage or ode to GG Allin than it is to Aleister Crowley. There's definitely a GG Allin, punk ethos to how Uzi approaches music making though he still manages to fit it within the zeitgeist of popular modern radio rap. This whole notion that he's an outsider, an alien, or an alien abductee is as much an ode to GG thinking he's Jesus as it is to prime Lil Wayne.
I mean, they're aware that they aren't the beat when it comes to talking about this type of trap since they know their age has affected their view of it. Hell, they're aware they listened to music that even older rap heads were shaking their heads at. If you haven't already, you should take the time to watch their old Lil Yachty Teenage Dreams review. They make note of the fact that this whole wave of music takes heavy inspiration from punk and that it's a factor in the draw it has over people.

I think here though, the crew is simply trying to understand musically what separated Uzi from his peers so much that he became this super, superstar in a way. Granted, several of his contemporaries unfortunately died, but it is fascinating to see him of all people stick his releases so well, especially with the gap between shit.

Also if we're being critical about the album, they're critique about the space cocept is spot on. It's surface level aesthetic at best and an abandoned idea not matched at all by the production and lyrics at worst.

But it is full of bangers and that's pretty much the main point Uzi was probably after so eh.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Really though, I'm always amazed that Uzi has such huge staying power because of how weird he actually is. Both musically and as a personality.

He's not really what one thinks of as Hip Hop superstar. He doesn't really have the cred of the Migos nor does he really fit into the super tortured auteur role that Lil Peep/Xxxtentacion used to fit into.

And he wears his geekiness so casually that he makes it seem normal.

Last edited:

HiResDes

Oct 25, 2017

I mean, they're aware that they aren't the beat when it comes to talking about this type of trap since they know their age has affected their view of it. Hell, they're aware they listened to music that even older rap heads were shaking their heads at. If you haven't already, you should take the time to watch their old Lil Yachty Teenage Dreams review. They make note of the fact that this whole wave of music takes heavy inspiration from punk and that it's a factor in the draw it has over people.

I think here though, the crew is simply trying to understand musically what separated Uzi from his peers so much that he became this super, superstar in a way. Granted, several of his contemporaries unfortunately died, but it is fascinating to see him of all people stick his releases so well, especially with the gap between shit.

Also if we're being critical about the album, they're critique about the space cocept is spot on. It's surface level aesthetic at best and an abandoned idea not matched at all by the production and lyrics at worst.

But it is full of bangers and that's pretty much the main point Uzi was probably after so eh.

They had one critique that was spot on... When I listen to most of them it's like watching a guy who has never played a fighting game try to provide commentary on a professional match. They just say super vague and useless things like nice, he's in trouble, such and such character has the life lead. And that's what it's like watching most of them. Every once in a while Myke mainly will say something worthwhile, but for the most part I don't understand why people even watch them.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Also I used to be a punkhead, and while I can see what people mean by saying trap music follows punk closely, I kinda get it, but it's missing something really important to punk to me, which is that rigtheous, political fury. Hell, hip hop was more punk back in the days of NWA lol.

I can only really see it as punk as an FU to societal norms. Or the sad boy shit which was obviously inspired by shit like sunny day real estate and Fugazi.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really gotta just start following people on twitter, I had no idea milo both changed his name and dropped a new album.

I can't believe this dude's real initials are actually R.A.P

Status
Not open for further replies.