• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
So, uh... we know that he's been playing XIV pretty hard recently, but yesterday I saw that he was tweeting about having finished 3.0 (base xpac Heavensward), when I thought "wait, didn't he just start it?"

Well, turns out...

You'll notice that between starting the expansion and tweeting about finishing it only took him just over 2 days. So, wait... he clearly isn't story-skipping, since he's been tweeting out cutscenes and dungeons/trials... so, how did he finish it so quickly? Did he even sleep?

...the answer is, no. He did it all in (seemingly) a single sitting without taking a break.

"The type of game I skip sleep to keep playing... with that said, time for some rest!"

Thankfully he has since clearly slept, but wow! I didn't think he'd fall *that* in love with the game...

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Oh my god, Sakaguchi, please don't ever do that again. FFXIV will be there when you wake up, sir!

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
sleep is just a construct of the mind

oh wait no its not get some sleep jesus

YellowBara

Oct 26, 2017
Jesus he got to the same part I did right when I did too. I've been playing quite a bit and STILL have a long ways to go, I can't imagine this is a good thing lol.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I've sacrificed some sleep to Heavensward and the following campaigns but not a whole night, damn. Hopefully he doesn't do this again.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
Sigma gamer behaviour

… but also goddamn someone unplug his router before he can knock out stormblood

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Probably not the first time he's done something like that since he was way into Everquest prior to FF11.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
So this is the power of The Gooch.

27f.jpg

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Having done this (paper deadlines, not games), I found that after you fight through the delirium you end up feeling pretty lucid for a while on day two. Weird how that works.

Anyway, that's a terrible thing to do for yourself but good that he liked it, I guess!

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
Well I'm glad he's enjoying it, but he should get some rest.

Preferably extra sleep the night before Shadowbringers because if he was willing to do this with Heavensward, there's a good chance he will find himself at it again there...

Grain Silo

Dec 15, 2017
Final Fantasy's original creator playing through XIV without sleeping was not one of the aspects of the game's amazing 2021 glowup that I was expecting.

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
I can't get over how wholesome it is to see Sakaguchi and Matsuno playing and even streaming together.

Also it's been kind of funny to see Sakaguchi's twitter switch from 100% Fantasian all the time to 100% FF14 all the time. Both great games that's pretty much what I've been playing this year too lol *_*

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019
Heavensward is phenomenal so that tracks

Ghostfacedon

Apr 17, 2019
Sleep is overrated. Joking of course but only he knows his limits.

I do remember playing 14 hours straight back in 2015 when HW released. Granted I was unemployed but it was a good time lol.

OP
OP
Theswweet

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
Sleep is overrated. Joking of course but only he knows his limits.

I do remember playing 14 hours straight back in 2015 when HW released. Granted I was unemployed but it was a good time lol.

Considering he has since slept a bit, I'm not too worried... he has the time, since Mistwalker just finished up their support for Fantasian. That's as good an excuse as any to binge an MMO!

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
How many piss bottles do you think Sakaguchi has stacked up then? Wonder what kinda numbers he's up to.

Maybe him and Yoshi-P can do a casual savage static for Endwalker lol

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
I follow him on Twitter and have seen some of these tweets but didn't realize their significance since I don't play FFXIV, good god Sakaguchi lol