• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 227

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Shown during the presser going on right now. Titled Fantasian with current known platform: Apple devices.

https://streamable.com/s4b5g

Using photographs of real life dioramas as prerendered backgrounds. The King is back.

Screenshots provided by Byvar :
HAyy5lC.jpg

b0JqW3M.png

DzjUBXv.jpg

Last edited:

Sagadego17

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
also this will be apple tv so 1st game of Sakaguchi's

with controller support in years. also working with macs as well

tuxfool

Oct 25, 2017
Can't say I'm all that impressed.

Building Dioramas, but then you build a dull and plodding environment like that.

Byvar

Oct 26, 2017
Some pictures I took from the video:
HAyy5lC.jpg

b0JqW3M.png

DzjUBXv.jpg

The environment in the last two pictures seems to be one of the Terra Wars dioramas:
ogp.png

Seems like all they have is the dioramas and a character running through them at the moment. I hope they give this more time than they gave Terra Battle 2...
In any case, I wouldn't be surprised (and I would love it) if they tried to release this on other platforms later, considering it looks and probably plays more like a PS1 RPG than his previous mobile games.

Neutra

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
been playing FFIX on my Switch this weekend so my Sakaguchi nostalgia is on overdrive.

what's the genre, though? jRPG?

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Here are the videos that showcase the game from Apple directly. The only stipulation about games on Apple Arcade is that they won't show up on other subscription gaming services on any platform or on any other mobile device storefront. Releases on the likes of Steam, the Switch, PS4, and Xbox One are still possible for these games.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I can see they dropped the "Terra" mention. Probably for the best, considering the disaster TB2 was.

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
Some pictures I took from the video:
HAyy5lC.jpg

b0JqW3M.png

DzjUBXv.jpg

The environment in the last two pictures seems to be one of the Terra Wars dioramas:
ogp.png

Seems like all they have is the dioramas and a character running through them at the moment. I hope they give this more time than they gave Terra Battle 2...
In any case, I wouldn't be surprised (and I would love it) if they tried to release this on other platforms later, considering it looks and probably plays more like a PS1 RPG than his previous mobile games.

The environments remind me of Blue Dragon, especially the extreme blurring / depth of field.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
What's the cheapest entry into Apple Arcade? I don't own an apple device.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
It's not necessarily exclusive to Apple products is it? In this video for instance, there are games shown that we already know are coming to other platforms, like The Pathless.

Apr 16, 2018
Sakaguchi hasn't made a good game since he left Square.

I expect this to be just as disappointing as everything else he's done.

Lunaray

Oct 27, 2017
When I saw the stop-motion visuals I was like "this has to be Terra Wars right?" Did they rename the game or is this a different game?

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Sakaguchi will probably never make a big AAA RPG ever again. I think the increasing development time and costs burned him out.

Deleted member 19702

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Someone of the Sakaguchi's caliber restricted to mobile is truly depressive. Make The Last Story 2 instead.

Phantom

Writer at Jeux.ca
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Heh, guy didn't deliver a great game in 10+ years. I think he's done and almost temped to call him a one hit wonder.

Deleted member 30151

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Guess after the massive flop that Terra Battle 2 was, I guess the franchise is dead. And all related content to it. Always wished for Sakaguchi, even if he mentioned a thousand times that he will focus on smaller projects and just enjoy life, that he will bring us one big last game created by his ideas. This here is very far from it and it's hard to see that this appeal to some kind of audience. But I guess these are the remains of Terra Wars or anything other Terra related stuff which was dumped.

javac

Oct 28, 2017
"Why mobile again, make a console game again"

NOBODY BOUGHT THEM YOU HAD YOUR CHANCE.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
"Why mobile again, make a console game again"

NOBODY BOUGHT THEM YOU HAD YOUR CHANCE.

Yeah maybe it wasn't the best idea to have the games on the FPS console and then never re-releasing them on PC or modern systems...

I'll try this new game if it reaches Android or PC. I'm done with Apple's garbage.