• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Also going to agree with others, this is full release not episodic.

Now WB has done episodic content before but yeah, I feel like a format change is on the horizon.

Hopefully it's not Absolution 2...not that Absolution was a bad game but it wasn't what we wanted out of Hitman.

Mg.

Oct 25, 2017
Man, good for IO. I don't think anyone thought prior to release of the first one that people would actively want future titles to be episodic.
It definitely had to be proven. I was pretty sceptical of it in the beginning as well. But after finishing the Paris level merely days away from Sapienza's release it became pretty clear HITMAN works perfectly with an episodic model.

It's the one reason why the game stayed in so many people's head for the entire year. No way would just the elusive targets alone have the same effect.

Plus, it gave us some of the best Giant Bomb videos.

Araujo

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
Absolutely in day one.

Hope they don't do Limited time events anymore though, can't play anytime i want, but hated not being able to play it all.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
It definitely had to be proven. I was pretty sceptical of it in the beginning as well. But after finishing the Paris level merely days away from Sapienza's release it became pretty clear HITMAN works perfectly with an episodic model.

It's the one reason why the game stayed in so many people's head for the entire year. No way would just the elusive targets alone have the same effect.

Plus, it gave us some of the best Giant Bomb videos.
You're damn right it did. Hitman provided the same flash of lightning GB moments that Mario Maker did. GB is always at it's best when you give them big playgrounds in which to do goofy shit.

Jimmyfenix

Oct 25, 2017
yeeeeeeeee boiii

there was a dutch article that is not live anymore which mentioned hitman 2 , still episodic and November release

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I wouldn't be surprised if they drop the episodic stuff this time.
However, I could see them keeping it as well. Since once it got past the shaky start. The move worked out for it.

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
If WB is publishing I wouldn't be surprised if online is even more of a focus than season 1. Imagine if Blood Money had to rely on a sqerver, it'd be unplayable by now.

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
I mean the episodic format left you wanting for more but releasing the full campaign on release day and maybe sticking with the elusive targets as weekly challenges...

Not a bad idea imo.

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure why would people think that offering the full package from the get-go would ruin the game or make it any different than how Hitman 2016's complete edition played.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm excited. I was kinda hoping that it would just use the same launcher as season 1, but this sounds like a completely different thing.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I'm not sure why would people think that offering the full package from the get-go would ruin the game or make it any different than how Hitman 2016's complete edition played.

it wouldn't ruin it, but the levels are so big it actually makes it really fun to dig into a level for a while

then you move on, play other things and a few months later you get a whole new open world to play in

when it drops all at once it's easy (for me) to get burnt out

I'm excited. I was kinda hoping that it would just use the same launcher as season 1, but this sounds like a completely different thing.

yeah i hope it does - a big ol Hitman app

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
I enjoyed Hitman 2016 a lot. It's actually my favourite Hitman by a mile and a half. Bring it.

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah if it's episodic again then that gonna be a hard pass for me just like the first one. I don't like that model.

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
It was really obvious that the teased reveal of WB for thursday gonna be the next Hitman.

But still cool to know its really happpening. Hitman Season 1 was great.

valeo

Oct 27, 2017
Hmmmm I'm listening......

Really hope it's not episodic. That's what turned me off badly about the last one. When I get a game I wanna play it. I don't wanna be presented with a schedule.

But they can put far more time into each level if it's episodic. Hitman is a game about replay-ability, so it makes sense.

Mg.

Oct 25, 2017
After every episode release of HITMAN IO (and Square?) send out surveys to players for feedback. With it they could make changes for the upcoming missions for a better experience. As an example, they learned pretty quickly that very few people enjoyed the 'destroy the virus' goal in Sapienza at all.

YawZah

Oct 30, 2017
Awesome. Hitman was one of my favourites of 2016. Hopefully they can deliver something of similar quality in the sequel!

Xaero Gravity

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope it's episodic. It basically forced me to replay levels more so than I would have, and I enjoyed it that much more as a result.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
It needs to remain episodic. I don't have time to do all at once and then I feel overwhelmed. I'd rather pop the game back when there's new content and enjoy it fully

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Welp see y'all on Thursday where hopefully they give us something to work with.

What if it's just a teaser about watching E3 lol.

DOBERMAN INC

Oct 27, 2017
Really hoping it's season 2 and inventory carries over but I'll be ok with a more traditional entry too.

Tengrave

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Disliked most of the franchise before the 2016 game. Loved that to death and will be back for this.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
No season? Don't know if I want that.

The concept was amazing. If it's not a season than It's just a one time play through and forget it thing again. :/

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
I really liked the living nature of the last game, where they basically took every corner of their levels and did something new with it all the time, with new challenges and contracts and the like