• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Looking at some footage in reviews and I see Sniper Assassin footage in there.

Does HITMAN 2 launch with connectivity to HITMAN 1 and Sniper Assassin? I knew the latter was a goal, but I didn't see or hear any confirmation that this was the case.

Still have my fingers crossed that some of the ET suits from HITMAN 1 are unlockable, particularly the location-specific suits. Once I unlocked the ET Paris and Marrakech suits, they simply replaced the default ones for me.

Deleted member 28076

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Looking at some footage in reviews and I see Sniper Assassin footage in there.

Does HITMAN 2 launch with connectivity to HITMAN 1 and Sniper Assassin? I knew the latter was a goal, but I didn't see or hear any confirmation that this was the case.

The only connectivity is the ability to download the Legacy Pack for free if you have Hitman 2016 - it doesn't even read your save file from 2016. Sniper Assassin is a game mode from Hitman 2, of which they released early access to one level as a pre-order bonus. They'll be shutting down the servers for the pre-order bonus level on the 13th when the game comes out. (That level will still be in the full game.)

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Might be a dumb question, but for the Season 1 maps, does this also bring over your progress/scores from Season 1?

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
The only connectivity is the ability to download the Legacy Pack for free if you have Hitman 2016 - it doesn't even read your save file from 2016. Sniper Assassin is a game mode from Hitman 2, of which they released early access to one level as a pre-order bonus. They'll be shutting down the servers for the pre-order bonus level on the 13th when the game comes out. (That level will still be in the full game.)

What about the unlocks one got from the pre-order bonus? Is that mastery, like HITMAN 2016, just gone and you gotta do it all over again, again?

Deleted member 28076

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Might be a dumb question, but for the Season 1 maps, does this also bring over your progress/scores from Season 1?
Unfortunately, it does not. There are unconfirmed reports that a lot of unlocks in Hitman 2 are gear from season one labeled as "Mk. II" with a slightly different skin, so you can play through either season to get a mostly full assortment of deadly toys.

What about the unlocks one got from the pre-order bonus? Is that mastery, like HITMAN 2016, just gone and you gotta do it all over again, again?

Your mastery levels from the Sniper Assassin pre-order bonus will not carry over to the full version of Hitman 2, though IOI says that the full version of Hitman 2 will have a reworked mastery system for Sniper Assassin.

justjim89

Nov 16, 2017
I'm eager to play the game obviously, but nearly as eager for coverage from specific folks.

I wanna see Giant Bomb play it. I wanna see Many a True Nerd play it. And I'd love to see AuzzieGamer play it, but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

nicknamehere

Oct 27, 2017
5c04cf71697954d1a4996d1ebd8322817587ea38.jpeg

Deleted member 28076

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
When will S1 content be out?
IOI has said "alongside the release of the game" but haven't clarified whether that means the Gold/Collector's Edition release tomorrow or the full game release on Tuesday.

Blegh. I don't see why this is a thing, seeing as both are WB published titles. :(

IOI is reworking the progression system for Sniper Assassin. The biggest change is that completed challenges no long affects your score so you don't have to pixel-hunt the map for duckies to shoot in order to have a chance at the leaderboards. I'm #2 for the co-op mode on the pre-order bonus on PS4 and I still say good riddance.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately, it does not. There are unconfirmed reports that a lot of unlocks in Hitman 2 are gear from season one labeled as "Mk. II" with a slightly different skin, so you can play through either season to get a mostly full assortment of deadly toys.

Your mastery levels from the Sniper Assassin pre-order bonus will not carry over to the full version of Hitman 2, though IOI says that the full version of Hitman 2 will have a reworked mastery system for Sniper Assassin.

Blegh. I don't see why this is a thing, seeing as both are WB published titles. :(

Deleted member 3897

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
IOI has said "alongside the release of the game" but haven't clarified whether that means the Gold/Collector's Edition release tomorrow or the full game release on Tuesday.

Thx. How do I know which Hitman version I have? Keep hearing abouty goty, definitive edition, full first season etc. I own the game + goty outfit and patient zero, but not the Blood Money pack.

A Path Finder

Developer at ioi
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Guys I am a little bit too excited!

Looking forward to all of you playing the game and all the impressions.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
You know what would somewhat salvage their cynical bullshit of charging more to play on release day?

Let people who purchased the previous Hitman game play on release day as well as a "thanks" for being loyal customers.

Deleted member 28076

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Thx. How do I know which Hitman version I have? Keep hearing abouty goty, definitive editio, full first season etc. I own the game + goty outfit and patient zero, but not the Blood Money pack.
You're right to be confused - 2016's release strategy was a mess caused by Square Enix's insistence on everything being episodic or F2P for a while there. (Poor Deus Ex and Just Cause.) This is how the game is structured:

- The Complete First Season has six episodes of one location each, and one surprise Bonus Episode that was given for free to people who bought the complete season's pass instead of buying the episodes individually. (The bonus episode has since been made available as a separate purchase for those who bought the main six episodes individually.) If you bought the "Steelbook Edition" of The Complete First Season once all episodes were released, you own this. You need to own, one way or another, all six main episodes PLUS the Bonus Episode in order to qualify for the Legacy Pack. Owning this package will give you the standard Legacy Pack containing all the content from this version.

- The Game of the Year Edition was a confusingly-titled DLC IOI released for Hitman 2016 after they split from Square Enix, to keep themselves afloat. It was a $20 upgrade for people who owned The Complete First Season and contained the campaign "Patient Zero," four new (quite clever) missions in reworked versions of the game's existing locations. It also introduced three new weapons and three new outfits. If you own this version, you will get the GOTY Legacy Pack that contains all of the Game of the Year Edition's content.

- The Definitive Edition was a console-exclusive physical re-release that included all of the GOTY Edition's content plus three new outfits that acted as homages to IOI's older games. These three new outfits were never released separately and were never released at all on PC. Kinda lame. Owning this version will get you the GOTY Legacy Pack, containing all of the content from the Game of the Year Edition but NOT the exclusive three outfits from the Definitive Edition.

All versions of the Legacy Pack include the content from Hitman 2016's Requiem Pack, a pre-order bonus of Blood Money-inspired items that was also eventually released separately for late purchasers.

Last edited:

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really wish there was an upgrade option to Gold for standard buyers so we can play tomorrow. Granted I'm dealing with an injured father in the hospital so my schedule's dicey anyway but I need my hitman fix.

nicknamehere

Oct 27, 2017
I think you get a winter suit if you own the Legacy Pack and also have completed an elusive target in the previous game

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Looking forward to my standard practice of turning off all the opportunity stuff and running each level completely blind - always the best way to play.

ev0

Oct 25, 2017
Wait so its okay for me to delete the Sniper Assasin preorder mission? That thing was eating 41gb on my hdd..

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Really wish there was an upgrade option to Gold for standard buyers so we can play tomorrow. Granted I'm dealing with an injured father in the hospital so my schedule's dicey anyway but I need my hitman fix.

I just had visions of you hiding a medical student in a locker and smothering your father with a pillow

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it's inside Hitman 2 install. IOI is going to disable the standalone anyway.

Do you know if the mode has any new maps added to it yet? I know some are planned, and even hidden behind the Silver and Gold expansions, but I was curious if we had an idea if there's only three locations.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
I'm gonna try to refund my preorder on Steam today and the repurchase the gold version. Hopefully that works, although I've heard it's a lot harder to cancel preorders on consoles so that may be an issue for some people.

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
damn I forgot this was coming out so soon. checked that preorder I got for $25 over the summer and it's just the standard version :( guess ill be waiting until next week.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Y no pc preload? Probably going to spend the entire day if not more downloading it if it's as large as they say. Fuck Australian internet

Edit I'm an idiot ignore this

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna try to refund my preorder on Steam today and the repurchase the gold version. Hopefully that works, although I've heard it's a lot harder to cancel preorders on consoles so that may be an issue for some people.

Yeah on playstation it'll be a challenge. I got my code from GMG months ago since they give them immediately for the sniper challenge so I can't cancel anything. I'm stuck until there's an upgrade option or separate season pass purchase option.