• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Baloota

May 12, 2018
Egypt
I'm currently playing through all of Hitman series from start to finish and i have to say Blood Money is something else. The level design? mission structure and variety? The newspaper? it's the best one out of the first 4 and it's not even close imo. What i've come here to say is, playing through the previous titles made me more patience and more willing to invest my time in missions to get silent assassin ranking. When i bought Hitman on PS4 i didn't have the patience to do anything and dropped it after the first level. Now i'm in love with the series and i think playing through all of it will make me enjoy the new ones even more.

zer0blivion

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Has anyone found any lethal poison vials or pills in Sgail? I want to murder the entire council. I checked the Hitman maps website, but didn't see any lethal poison listed. I can smuggle in 2 of them, but need 3 more to get them all.

Edit: I found one. Jason Portman has a botulism toxin on him.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ok am I missing something here? mumbai mission story spoiler

I've got the maelstrom photo, I'm dressed as the barber, opened his shop. people are coming up and I'm denying them til diana says it's the maelstrom (and he gets labeled red in hitman vision) so I offer him a shave and...he just walks away. this has happened multiple times now
I think the mechanic about people stopping by your stand is a little bugged. I had the same situation in this stand and also in other ones. Sometimes the target or an NPC just ignores me. Maybe the game is still thinking I'm interacting with the previous customer?

GMM

Oct 27, 2017
20181201193417_1r3iv0.jpg

Took care of Mr. Bean, that was a fun elusive target.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Cloning canonically exists in the Hitman universe. If they use Sean Bean as an excuse to reintroduce cloning...

ZangBa

Oct 25, 2017
My copy finally came in after getting a great deal. This is going to sound like a really dumb question, but how the hell do you change the difficulty settings? I feel like I tried going through every menu a hundred times. I just want to see what the differences are. I plan to play through my first attempts with a SASO rating just like the first game, it was a ton of fun.

daase ko

Oct 26, 2017
I guess I have to unlock exits to finish the last escalation because it seems litterally impossible without the helicopter...

Oct 25, 2017
My copy finally came in after getting a great deal. This is going to sound like a really dumb question, but how the hell do you change the difficulty settings? I feel like I tried going through every menu a hundred times. I just want to see what the differences are. I plan to play through my first attempts with a SASO rating just like the first game, it was a ton of fun.
you pick it when you go to start a mission. it's on the planning screen.

GMM

Oct 27, 2017
Somehow my first Suit Only Silent Assassin run of Miami turned into Suit Only Silent Sniper Assassin.

20181201225213_1bpepp.jpg

20181201230228_12tirg.jpg

ket

Jul 27, 2018
Well fuck. I accidently blew myself up with the explosive pen right at the very start of the elusive target mission and now that entire mission is locked out for me. I didn't know just throwing it would blow it up like a grenade instead of remotely detonated. My fault, not the game.

Feels really bad actually. I took preparing for it super seriously, exploring the level and practicing harder challenges, and now I guess I'll never really get to play it. I'm fine with failing it, just wish it wasn't in the first minute.

Oh well, hurry up with the next one so I can redeem myself.

Edit: nvm misread the post

FatPuppy

Jun 18, 2018
Also the ICA Facility, Bonus Episodes, and Patient Zero missions don't have difficulty selections and are always on Professional if I remember right.

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
Ok, this is hilarious and kinda sad.

First run in Mumbai, start on master difficulty to just explore around and get a feel. I see an actor in a crow outfit throwing up and I push him in a river. An NPC walking by over the bridge

Sees me so I shoot him and then it goes 47 you have just killed the maelstrom

lol

Out of all the hundreds of random NPCs on the map, the first on I randomly kill is him.

Sad part is now I miss the whole mechanics to figure out who he is (I'll still go through them to check them out) because now I know who he is and his route. I even tried it again to see if the mission randomly assigns him to a different NPC each run, but nope killed the same npc over the bridge and it was him again. Oh well, kinda amazing and kinda sad.

If the mechanic behind his identity was randomized somewhat it would've been cool in a Westwood Blade Runner way.

tryagainlater

Oct 25, 2017
I got around to starting Colombia today and although it's not as good as Miami, it's still a damn fine level. The Sumo guys really learned from some of the criticism around Colorado and built a better level in that vein. The village area is really cool; I wouldn't have minded if it was a bit bigger. The level has got plenty of that twist back around on itself I love so much. The mission does seem a little light on assassinations though even with 3 targets. It only has 13 challenges where Miami had 18.

It absolutely has made me laugh the most out of any level yet. The
sub and cement
kill are so dumb looking, I love it. Hope we get Ghost Mode on more levels soon, would love to dig into the level more without just rushing through the single player portion. The escalation was fun enough though.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, this is hilarious and kinda sad.

First run in Mumbai, start on master difficulty to just explore around and get a feel. I see an actor in a crow outfit throwing up and I push him in a river. An NPC walking by over the bridge

Sees me so I shoot him and then it goes 47 you have just killed the maelstrom

lol

Out of all the hundreds of random NPCs on the map, the first on I randomly kill is him.

Sad part is now I miss the whole mechanics to figure out who he is (I'll still go through them to check them out) because now I know who he is and his route. I even tried it again to see if the mission randomly assigns him to a different NPC each run, but nope killed the same npc over the bridge and it was him again. Oh well, kinda amazing and kinda sad.

If the mechanic behind his identity was randomized somewhat it would've been cool in a Westwood Blade Runner way.

I think a level designer explained it earlier in the thread, the appearance is randomised but the NPC is always the same otherwise it'll tick off speedrunners

TheBored23

Aug 10, 2018
Already curious to see how they "remix" these levels for bonus missions and elusive targets.

New Zealand: The beach is open to the public, with some sort of festival or concert event going on there, while a party/gathering is happening inside the beach house.
Miami: Being tasked with taking out a target who is hanging around the VIP lounge during a night-time race would be interesting. I think it'd be hard to repurpose that whole side of the map for a non-racing theme. Maybe something that makes more use of the hotel area?
Colombia: A bonus mission focusing just on the mansion and grounds feels like an obvious one. I'd like to see an elusive target set underground, but based on early signs I worry they'd require you to start as a sub engineer and take all the intrigue out of it.
Mumbai: There are so many options here, with all those different unique areas. Any one of the tower, slums, railyard or hideout would work as an isolated mini-level for a bonus mission
Vermont: I know a lot of people have been asking for a winter/holiday themed version of this map, which would be cool. I'd like to see an elusive target make use of one of the emptier houses, too.
Sgail: It's hard to know where to begin with this; I don't have a good grasp yet of the different areas and layout.

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand: The beach is open to the public, with some sort of festival or concert event going on there, while a party/gathering is happening inside the beach house.
I just need to know if we find out the fate of Max (the dog.) If this is addressed/referenced later in the game as I am still relatively early then pay me no mind but I assume it is left as is for now.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
I really liked Sapienza at night really changed the mood of the place. It's a pity some of those maps block off whole areas though.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
If they do a bonus mission on Sgail, it might be nice if it was at sunset. Though I can't think of a good theme for it.

Deleted member 41931

User requested account closure
Apr 10, 2018
How do I trigger that octane explosion in the Miami lab? Am I supposed to throw those little explosive canisters at it?

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
If they do a bonus mission on Sgail, it might be nice if it was at sunset. Though I can't think of a good theme for it.

They already used a movie set, but some kind of museum, tour guide, some sort of archeological preservation signing involving VIPs, I reckon there's a bunch of things you could still do.

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
I bought Hitman 1 and never played it. Bought Hitman 2 and I'm really glad I can finally play it again through Hitman 2. Having the content from both games in one disc is how all GAAS games should do it

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just played through Hitman inside H2. That was it? Never played a title before and it was short. Ending seemed like a major cliff hanger.
Did you just run through the levels one time?

The levels are designed to be played over and over to unlock more gear.

I am definitely excited to play Hitman 2 because of the cliff hanger.

Last edited:

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
Did you just run through the levels one time?

The levels are designed to be played over and over to unlock more gear.

I am definitely excited to play Hitman 2 because of the cliff hanger.

I pretty much played through each one, a few twice. I understood that the draw is multiple play ways, but I still expected more? Guess it isn't my type of game. Still have Patient Zero to play.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got sean bean done with a silent assassin rating but I went about it in a fairly generic way that left me feeling somewhat unsatisfied. I just couldn't figure out how to do any of the special kills and still remain undetected + get a SA rating too.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
i remain dissatisfied with ways of clearing out rooms that basically come down to 'lure people out one at a time by throwing shit at a wall and knocking out people who come to investigate'

that's alright once in a while but clearing a whole room like that is kinda annoying to me

spyder_ur

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man, these Elusive Contracts are too nerve-wracking. Thought I saw a chance within the first 5 minutes and blew it. Dunno if they're for me.

Having so much fun with the rest of the game. So much to do, as someone who didn't play much Hitman 1.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man, these Elusive Contracts are too nerve-wracking. Thought I saw a chance within the first 5 minutes and blew it. Dunno if they're for me.

Having so much fun with the rest of the game. So much to do, as someone who didn't play much Hitman 1.

that tension is god. there's nothing else like it

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i remain dissatisfied with ways of clearing out rooms that basically come down to 'lure people out one at a time by throwing shit at a wall and knocking out people who come to investigate'

that's alright once in a while but clearing a whole room like that is kinda annoying to me

lol that's how I took out bean's guards that followed him everywhere. It felt so lame, as "cheating" should.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
i don't mind doing it to clear out a bodyguard, but clearing a whole room like that is really bleh to do imho

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
I got rid of Bean in an extremely lame but "Safe" way to just get the kill and not risk it.

Just got in the meeting, dropped the rubber duck at his feet, and BOLTED as I hit the detonator. Deleted the tapes on my way out - Not Silent Assassin, but no Collateral and uncompromised.

Which is far better than I can say for my first run of Mumbai which was a complete massacre.

Deleted member 9100

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The one liners are my favorite part of the game. It's so funny hear him say these deadpan lines implying someone will die.

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
lol that's how I took out bean's guards that followed him everywhere. It felt so lame, as "cheating" should.

Well I kinda hate how starting at a certain point like every goddamn elusive in S1 had bodyguards following them around so you were pretty much forced to either pick them off one by one or use a rat poison drink to get them alone in the bathroom if you wanted SA. They even had some where the bodyguards went into the bathroom I remember so you were forced to just pick the bodyguards off one by one and it's kinda tedious elusive after elusive.

I liked some of the earlier ones like the 2 hacker guys in the Paris upstairs attic room with a guard outside the room. That was kinda an interesting setup. The one with the twins was interesting too in Sapienza. Definitely prefer that kinda stuff vs "guy/gal walks around in a routine with 1-2 bodyguards following them everywhere"

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
or "walks around entirely in public", I think that's interesting to try and figure out how to subvert

fuzzylogic

Oct 26, 2017
I finished a Miami contract that I enjoyed making. It has a little story to it. Problem is it's hard or too long or convoluted or too many targets, so it's probably bad. But if you want to try a hard, involved contract, the ID is below (Contract Lookup supports copy-paste).

You need to have Miami at high enough mastery to start as the waiter.

---

"Jade Flames Axe-tinguished"

Contract Lookup #: 1-11-7749959-43

"47, Moses Lee has uncovered a conspiracy against his life. The traitor is fellow Jade Flame gang-member, Henry Ling. Ling is furious he was sidelined on the roster by Lee. Our employer will provide you a cover as a waiter in the driver's lounge club, Daufgänger.

Update: 47, we've obtained the identities of Ling's co-conspirators: another JF-member who's a Kowoon mechanic, a bomb-delivery-boy and the bomb supplier, GIR's own event manager.

Lee requests you execute JF traitors according to tradition: by fire axe. And be sure to give Maxwell Rutter a taste of his own medicine."

Bungie

Oct 31, 2017

Yeah I think it's a problem they need to address. It only gets worse when you don't use disguises

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got a chance to play. Yup, it's more Hitman, which is exactly what I wanted.

A small part of me would love it if Faba was the elusive target every time, with Diana getting slightly more exasperated with each intro.