• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

giphy.gif

Can we got an hour version? ;p

NullPointer

Oct 27, 2017
Mars
Is Narcos:Mexico any good? I keep seeing it pop on my netflix recommendation list, but I still hav'Nt seen Narco's 2nd season and don't know if there's any link between the two.
Am on my second binge. Love it. Its also standalone, and takes place before the events on the regular Narcos series, so you can jump in with Mexico.

And no joke on the Hitman flashbacks. There's a great bathroom misdirection item pickup maneuver, disguises, direct connections to a certain mission in the latest game, the works ;p

JarrodL

Oct 27, 2017
Is the Hitman 2 version of Patient Zero final mission bugged? I can't seem to get SA rating on it, no matter what the final score is 4 stars with a 'spotted' penalty.

Here's the video of me doing it. Like, I only kill 2 targets and knock out 2 more dudes - and all that unaware from behind, as far as I can tell. Who is spotting me?

And the funny thing is, the challenge completed notice for 'Silent Assassin' did pop up the first time I did that, despite the rating.

Last edited:

fuzzylogic

Oct 26, 2017
Is the Hitman 2 version of Patient Zero final mission bugged? I can't seem to get SA rating on it, no matter what the final score is 4 stars with a 'spotted' penalty.

I have the same problem. Thought I was pulling off SA multiple times, but I can't do it without getting spotted by something or the other. Your video is set to private, by the way.

The only thing I found on a google search is it may have something to do with gun shot noise--even noise from your silenced pistol. The post wasn't directly about this issue, but it's all I could find. I had been shooting out a camera with a silenced pistol near some guards to make my later escape quicker. I'll try doing it without shooting that camera to see if that gives me SA.

FatPuppy

Jun 18, 2018
(Based on my experience) there seems to currently be a bug with "phantom spottings" where the game decides you are spotted, but no NPCs are acting as if they spotted you, and it doesn't inform you that you've been spotted. Sometimes you even hear gunshots whizzing around despite the fact that nobody is actually shooting at you.

It may be something else, but that's what it seemed like to me. Usually starting a fresh run of the mission clears it.

JarrodL

Oct 27, 2017
I have the same problem. Thought I was pulling off SA multiple times, but I can't do it without getting spotted by something or the other. Your video is set to private, by the way.

The only thing I found on a google search is it may have something to do with gun shot noise--even noise from your silenced pistol. The post wasn't directly about this issue, but it's all I could find. I had been shooting out a camera with a silenced pistol near some guards to make my later escape quicker. I'll try doing it without shooting that camera to see if that gives me SA.
Sorry, set it to unlisted now. I do use a silenced pistol to distract the guards at the beginning, so I guess it's possible.

Bersi

Oct 25, 2017
Am i the only one who always has problems at picking up the briefcase in the ica safehouse in sapienza? i always lose a good minute trying to find the right position.

fuzzylogic

Oct 26, 2017
I got the challenges on Patient Zero (Hokkaido) for Suit Only, Silent Assassin, Suit Only and No Evidence but still got only 4 stars. The detailed score screen even says silent assassin on it. It's impossible. Part of the game--the challenges and the detailed score screen--think I was not spotted and another part thinks I was spotted. I don't think I can get SA on this mission, it's just broken. Or I'm an idiot, I don't know.

I also tried to do my SA run (with disguises) without shooting the camera I normally take out, which didn't fix the problem.

Last edited:

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
There seems to be some (minor) issues with the original Hitman missions played in Hitman 2. For example, in Hokkaido, when 47 grabs the replacement heart to throw it in the garbage, the camera does not cut to the heart entering the garbage. It kind of ruins the moment.

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
Still enjoying the hell out of this. Messing around with user contracts now.

How come there's no way to make [optional] costume/kills non-optional (aka they become escalations) for user contracts?

TheBored23

Aug 10, 2018
How come there's no way to make [optional] costume/kills non-optional (aka they become escalations) for user contracts?
The one thing I can think of is that this way, all contracts are possible to complete regardless of what you've unlocked in the game. Making a specific weapon mandatory, or a costume (along with certain other escalations) could effectively make certain contracts impossible to players who haven't reached a certain level of mastery.

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
Still learning my way through Mumbai with opportunities off/master difficulty. Found a couple of good kill ways and strung them together for my first SA run. Really like the level. Reminds me of Sapienza. Refreshing coming from Santa Fortuna. This is how you do 3 kills in separate areas but still make it feel fun and not just waiting around in 3 separate mini-levels for scripted stuff to go.

The one thing I can think of is that this way, all contracts are possible to complete regardless of what you've unlocked in the game. Making a specific weapon mandatory, or a costume (along with certain other escalations) could effectively make certain contracts impossible to players who haven't reached a certain level of mastery.

I see that on weapons, but all outfits are available in a level and so far all the contracts I've done the weapons are within the level (most are just like pistols/accident kill anyhow)

TheBored23

Aug 10, 2018
I see that on weapons, but all outfits are available in a level

Theoretically you could make a contract with the escalation that you can't change your starting outfit, or one with a time restriction that makes any other starting location infeasible.

doof_warrior

Oct 25, 2017
NJ
is the bird cage kill bugged on mumbai?
i shot down one of them and got the kill, but later realized it never gave me credit for it. i only got an accidental kill
is there a specific one you have to use? there's like 4 or 5 i think in that train area, but they all look identical to me

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
is the bird cage kill bugged on mumbai?
i shot down one of them and got the kill, but later realized it never gave me credit for it. i only got an accidental kill
is there a specific one you have to use? there's like 4 or 5 i think in that train area, but they all look identical to me
The one on the way to the tea area worked for me I think, I can't remember for sure. I just waited for her to walk underneath and shot it.

guitarguy316

Nov 3, 2017
So I bought Hitman 2 disc when it was $30 a few weeks ago. Is there a way to get the season 1 content if i buy 1 month of games pass? Or am I stuck just buying the $20 upgrade to get H1 levels into H2?

TheBored23

Aug 10, 2018
Has anyone managed to get a good grasp of Sgail yet? Even after several playthroughs now, I still find myself lost and confused when I try to start that mission; there's so much going on, and it all kinda looks similar, that I can't really keep it all straight.

newgamewhodis

Oct 28, 2017
Brooklyn
Has anyone managed to get a good grasp of Sgail yet? Even after several playthroughs now, I still find myself lost and confused when I try to start that mission; there's so much going on, and it all kinda looks similar, that I can't really keep it all straight.
Yeah, IO seems to make sure to place landmarks away from one another (e.g. the fire statue, the glass house) so that you can work out the dimensions. It took me a while, though. It's definitely a process, though - there are a lot of tunnels and secret doors to discover.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's constructed similarly to sapienza. There's a lot of fluff around it, but the main castle is where everything is. Just a big vertical level with restricted access.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
main thing that throws me on sgail is the walls and pipes and stuff, but i've never been good with verticality

TheBored23

Aug 10, 2018
Been messing around today in Mumbai with forcing the Maelstrom into lockdown. Because his route goes all around the slums, there are a few different places he will go if, say, an explosion is set off near him. It depends on which is closest at the time. So far I've seen him

- Go to the second floor of the Crows house by the beach
- Race through the slums to the Crows' hideout (the route the Kashmirian will take if you arrange that meeting)
- Run to the rail yard (Diana identified him at this point, as though he were meeting Shah normally)
- Run through the sewer tunnel to the Crows' hideout (there's a puddle here where you can kill him with a proximity taser for a fun accident kill)

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Question: anyone else on xbox have the game be listed as Hitman 2 - Prologue in the achievement list and in the icon on the dashboard? Is there any way for it to just be Hitman 2? For some reason this is really buggin' me.

...that, and the fact that I have so many missing achievements, despite having just completed 95% of them in Hitman (2016). Do I replay those missions yet again? Hah.

Deleted member 5322

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So if I bought Season 1, got the Legacy Pack, imported into Hitman 2, but never got any of the Patient Zero stuff, what exactly do I need to buy on PS4 to get the Patient Zero stuff into Hitman 2?

DarkOmnios

Oct 27, 2017
I bought the game today, and im on the first mission in Miami.
Boy im having a blast ....the maps are full of possibility's and secrets.....

The last hitman i play was blood money, im really impressed with the game.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017

A deviously brilliant aspect of the castle design are the separate looping stairways for the lower and upper halves, which I believe are rooted at opposite corners of the building. It really throws off your sense of direction while inside.

Last edited:

TheBored23

Aug 10, 2018
After several attempts to create a contract on Sgail that required you to steal the Cloud Serpent necklace, I was disappointed to find that contracts mode doesn't differentiate between the garroting tools; they all just count as fiber wire kills. It's upsetting, because that could have led to some really cool contracts. I assume the same holds true for the tape measures in Mumbai, though those are much easier to acquire.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Question: for the challenges that require you to kill by drowning/shooting/fibre wiring/killing with x, can you just isolate the target, kill them so it unlocks, then load a save and do the next one? When you eventually complete the mission, do you get all of them? I love playing the levels over and over, but sometimes, once I get a target isolated, I just want to knock off the more boring kill challenges so that subsequent playthroughs can focus on the more elaborate accident kills/set-ups.

zer0blivion

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Question: for the challenges that require you to kill by drowning/shooting/fibre wiring/killing with x, can you just isolate the target, kill them so it unlocks, then load a save and do the next one? When you eventually complete the mission, do you get all of them? I love playing the levels over and over, but sometimes, once I get a target isolated, I just want to knock off the more boring kill challenges so that subsequent playthroughs can focus on the more elaborate accident kills/set-ups.
Yes, once it's unlocked, the next time you finish the level, you'll get the xp for it. That goes for any of the challenges.

Salty Catfish

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
I think you get the XP even if you don't finish the level. It'll highlight the pictures and show your bar filling up once you do, but that stuff is already happening immediately and you can restart the mission without finishing and access your new unlocks.

Artifice

Oct 30, 2017
Initially, I was not that interested in the Santa Fortuna map. But on replays, it's getting more interesting. This is also one of the few maps where we can get SA/SO using story missions.

Mumbai still remains my favorite though.

TheBored23

Aug 10, 2018
New unlockables will be added with the upcoming patch; I'm curious to see how they implement that:
https://twitter.com/IOInteractive/status/1072847790450114562?s=19
(I wonder if that means more mastery levels on Hawke's Bay?)

Tomorrow we get an escalation contract on Sgail. I've been playing that some more lately, and I feel like it does a lot to test your actual stealth. Stuff like stealing the Cloud Serpent, becoming Jebediah Block, and getting the burial robes are all right there in plain sight, but well guarded. You can try to knock out everybody in the room, but it's better to view those as an opportunity to set up distractions, like the mission exit in NZ. Plus there are all the climbing possibilities throughout the level.

tryagainlater

Oct 25, 2017
You should also note that you can do these kills for targets in player made contracts so if you'd rather play around with those for the sake of variety, you can.

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
Uh, I'm trying to play and it's telling me it can't connect to the hitman servers to authenticate. My internet connection is fine hence posting this. I've never had this happen before. Are the servers down or something?

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
Nevermind, I started offline (which had nothing) and tried connecting online and now it worked. Weird.

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
Also, not to be a dick but does it feel like this is a very slow drip of new content for a GaaS like 2016? Game's been out a month. First month of new release! And all there's been is 1 elusive and 1 small 3/3 escalation. Oh and a couple of new featured contracts from users. I remember Hitman 2016 having a lot more frequent new content dumps?

I wonder if it's just them dedicating the first month or two to bug fixes and working on DLC locations. But even the S1 escalations that are missing you'd think they could slow drip them back into the game for something.

You'd think the first month or two would be the most critical for new users to see constant stream of new content, but maybe it's the opposite and they figure in the first month or two people will just be beating the main stages and won't need new content idk. I just want more good Hitman content!