• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Slochy

Oct 25, 2017
Update's out on PC and it's supposed to include settings for adjusting screenspace shadows and reflection quality which could potentially result in some nice fps boost.

Screenspace Shadows
We've added a new Graphics Option; Screenspace Shadows. Toggle on to give high quality shadow detail.

Reflection Quality
We've added a new Graphics Option; Reflection Quality. Toggle off, low, default or high to control the resolution of the rendered reflections in mirrors and floors.

Motion Blur
We've added a new Graphics Option; Motion Blur. Toggle off, low, default or high to give a smoother look.

Dynamic Sharpening
We've added a new Graphics Option; Dynamic Sharpening. This option counters effects caused by temporal anti-aliasing.

Dick Justice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They fixed the Striker so it no longer reuses the ICA Chrome skin. However, the Silverballers both got new icons, even though their in-game appearance is the same as before. Incredibly bizarre that they didn't just apply this new skin to the mk2 variant, instead of continuing to use the fucking stickers.
fbfd16e7f9644006808b60907fc78d24f7e84a25.jpeg

bda72c6033.png

FatPuppy

Jun 18, 2018
Fuck whoever the Live Content Manager is at IO, or whoever it was that decided that the game needed even more limited-time content.

By which I mean taking Holiday Hoarders, which was available year-round in 2016, and making it limited-time for this game. Which also removes the ability to save during the mission. Fucking stupid.

Oct 29, 2017
Fuck whoever the Live Content Manager is at IO, or whoever it was that decided that the game needed even more limited-time content.

By which I mean taking Holiday Hoarders, which was available year-round in 2016, and making it limited-time for this game. Which also removes the ability to save during the mission. Fucking stupid.

"We're going to release some cool stuff you will want! But you can only earn it during the time of year when most people have the least amount of time to play!"

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Need help with the propane explosion to take out the Wet Bandits. I do the run, collecting all of the things they intend to steal. I sneak to their meeting spot in the basement with a couple of minutes of prep time. If I put one propane tank, I kill one, but not the other (he gets concussed). If I put two down, I eliminate them both, but it doesn't count for the challenge, presumably because they die from separate explosions, even if they go off near simultaneously). Can someone offer a guaranteed spot or way to trigger the propane challenge? It's very frustrating that I can't save when I make it to the basement to experiment...

Edit: just realized the easiest is probably to knock them both out then explode the propane tank?

Last edited:

zer0blivion

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Need help with the propane explosion to take out the Wet Bandits. I do the run, collecting all of the things they intend to steal. I sneak to their meeting spot in the basement with a couple of minutes of prep time. If I put one propane tank, I kill one, but not the other (he gets concussed). If I put two down, I eliminate them both, but it doesn't count for the challenge, presumably because they die from separate explosions, even if they go off near simultaneously). Can someone offer a guaranteed spot or way to trigger the propane challenge? It's very frustrating that I can't save when I make it to the basement to experiment...

Edit: just realized the easiest is probably to knock them both out then explode the propane tank?
Look at the picture for the challenge, that should help.

Wait for them to get to that statue. There are propane flasks there that you can shoot to get them both.

Cocaine Jesus

Nov 4, 2018
The holiday surprise they've been hyping is just holiday hoarders but time limited now? No bringing back elusive targets from the first game, no reskins of the hideous mk2 weapons, no holiday themed reworking of the new maps? I guess I shouldn't be surprised but it's pretty disappointing

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Look at the picture for the challenge, that should help.

Wait for them to get to that statue. There are propane flasks there that you can shoot to get them both.
Thanks. I ended up just throwing a hammer at one and knocking the other out. Then putting their bodies next to the propane tank. I guess I should have known they'd continue on a path together closer to a propane tank.

Now to find those three bricks and I'll be done!

Bersi

Oct 25, 2017
Man, i forgot you need to complete all the challenges to unlock the santa suit, that's annoying.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Were the Wet Bandits always marked on the map/instinct on holiday hoarders? I vaguely remembered them being unmarked like elusive targets.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
I am hopelessly addicted to this game. Got 20/20 Mastery on all levels of Hitman (2016) just before purchasing this. I am now full mastery on Hitman 2 and started re-running the original missions for completionist purposes (trying to do whatever assassinations/challenges I didn't the first time).

This will be my first elusive target. Do people generally go into the mission blind? Are there rewards for specific assassinations, or as long as you assassinate and escape, are you good?

tryagainlater

Oct 25, 2017
I am hopelessly addicted to this game. Got 20/20 Mastery on all levels of Hitman (2016) just before purchasing this. I am now full mastery on Hitman 2 and started re-running the original missions for completionist purposes (trying to do whatever assassinations/challenges I didn't the first time).

This will be my first elusive target. Do people generally go into the mission blind? Are there rewards for specific assassinations, or as long as you assassinate and escape, are you good?
The only more specific rewards are ones you get for achieving silent assassin rank. One elusive SA will get you the terminus suit from absolution. 5 will get you the winter coat.

Oct 29, 2017
Is saving fucked for anyone else on PC? I'm seeing a few other posts on reddit, but there's a 50% chance hitting save in the pause menu causes a constant loading that then fails out and says you need to go back to the main menu...

justjim89

Nov 16, 2017
The whole new wave of immersive sims failed, Hitman has failed twice with two amazing games. This sucks.

Everyone is bad and should burn in hell.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
is the inventory still hopelessly tangled and confusing because its bloated as fuck

Sei

Oct 28, 2017
LA
Game is literally unplayable today. Gets stuck in loading bug every time I load a menu or try to save. RIP

I guess making it F2P without extra servers could be the issue, I have no idea.

Infernostew

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
New patch 1.06 on ps4.. hopefully it fixes snipers crashing the game.. probably.

edit: nope. sniping still crashes the game... well done IOI

Last edited:

Oldest_Snake

Oct 29, 2017
Is saving fucked for anyone else on PC? I'm seeing a few other posts on reddit, but there's a 50% chance hitting save in the pause menu causes a constant loading that then fails out and says you need to go back to the main menu...

Getting this as well. Red Dead basically sucked up most of my playing time this last month but I thought that since it's my last working day before Christmas tomorrow I could finally get stuck into this game and it's completely broken. Not happy.

Looks like it's an internet connectivity issue, so good job on making your single player game always online IO. Really worked out well for everyone.

KingKong

Oct 27, 2017
the Santa challenges are way too annoying to do without saving, it made me realize I don't really care about unlocking suits since I barely even used all the ones I unlocked in Hitman 1

Oct 29, 2017
the Santa challenges are way too annoying to do without saving, it made me realize I don't really care about unlocking suits since I barely even used all the ones I unlocked in Hitman 1

This is kinda where I am at as well. I saw a run through where a guy got all the challenges in one run but you have to it hit PERFECTLY, or you are screwed. Also, they are just kinda more annoying than anything else. Finding where all the bricks are first, etc.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
This is kinda where I am at as well. I saw a run through where a guy got all the challenges in one run but you have to it hit PERFECTLY, or you are screwed. Also, they are just kinda more annoying than anything else. Finding where all the bricks are first, etc.
I ended up following a very easy walkthrough that gets 3/4 challenges in one run. The only difference in Hitman 2 is, where he drops the mission items or uses them for knockouts and they still count for the challenge, don't. Grab a wrench or two en route before climbing up the ladder and use those where he uses the items for distractions/knockouts.
I ended up knocking out the thieves before blowing up the propane tank, but you can also just wait until they get to the fountain.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8G6lvOnrxTk

The brick one is easy to do separately.
Start in or close to the basement, nab the bricks from the security room. Knock out Marv, drag his body where it'll be spotted, wait for revive, rinse, repeat.

Even with retries, the whole thing shouldn't take more than 30 minutes. Frustating that i felt the need to follow a guide rather than go in blind? Yeah, but also, it's done and was easy.

Oct 29, 2017
[/Spoiler]
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8G6lvOnrxTk

The brick one is easy to do separately.
Start in or close to the basement, nab the bricks from the security room. Knock out Marv, drag his body where it'll be spotted, wait for revive, rinse, repeat.

Even with retries, the whole thing shouldn't take more than 30 minutes. Frustating that i felt the need to follow a guide rather than go in blind? Yeah, but also, it's done and was easy.

Yeah I saw that run but I didnt have the starting point unlocked yet (I havent gone back to play the old maps yet) and its impossible to nick all the items in time before the thieves if you start outside (as far as I could tell) so I had to run through the normal mission first. I might give it another go tonight.

So you have to be carrying ALL the stealable items to complete the challenge? You cant pick them up and use them somewhere else? How do you hang on to the axe and the saber?

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Yeah I saw that run but I didnt have the starting point unlocked yet (I havent gone back to play the old maps yet) and its impossible to nick all the items in time before the thieves if you start outside (as far as I could tell) so I had to run through the normal mission first. I might give it another go tonight.

So you have to be carrying ALL the stealable items to complete the challenge? You cant pick them up and use them somewhere else? How do you hang on to the axe and the saber?
If it's helpful, just do the Mr. Freeze Silent Assassin/Suit Only run for Master mode and after one run, you'll have that starting location unlocked (I started looking at his runs, because I'd just finished Hitman 2016 and didn't have the energy to start from scratch on all of the original levels again for the various unlocks).

And yeah, Hitman 2 lets you put the saber on your back while carrying the axe. I never played the event in the 2016 game to know if that's different, but it took me a few runs to realize that if I dropped an item, or smashed one on a NPC's head, the counter in the top right of the screen actually went down. So I finished a few runs with 9 or 10/12 items before making the change. It really is a simple change - there's so many items on the way that you can pick up instead (wrenches and hammers). But yeah, you can hold them all at once for the entire playthrough. You can drop the axe after unlocking the challenge/before blowing the propane.

zer0blivion

Oct 27, 2017
Canada

Here's a guide starting from the default starting location.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bj-K3iqBr80

SP.

Oct 27, 2017
Finally unlocked the Santa suit.

Has anyone had issues with the Photo Bomb challenge in the Paris level? Every time I give the interviewer the lens and follow her to the interview spot, she just puts down the camera and goes to the back of the palace to start smoking.

Hell Shinobi

Oct 27, 2017

You just need to unlock the starting point at the kitchen. The bricks are in the security room.
You can drop the axe before heading up to the attic, because you have to retreat the same way down, and the axe will be in the room you left it, the one by the scafold, where both targets hide when in lockdown. There's also a briefcase in this room for reference.
That should be again the last item, then you can drop both the axe and the saber.

zer0blivion

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Finally unlocked the Santa suit.

Has anyone had issues with the Photo Bomb challenge in the Paris level? Every time I give the interviewer the lens and follow her to the interview spot, she just puts down the camera and goes to the back of the palace to start smoking.
After she gets Victor, she's supposed to set the camera down and walk a short distance away. That should allow you to explode Victor without killing her.

SP.

Oct 27, 2017
After she gets Victor, she's supposed to set the camera down and walk a short distance away. That should allow you to explode Victor without killing her.

I think it's busted right now. There's some discussion on the Hitman reddit and official forum about it. She drops the camera and walks all the way to the party, and Viktor doesn't even get close to the camera before he turns around and continues what he was doing. It's weird.

Gray

Oct 25, 2017
The Sniper Assassin challenge in Mumbai appears to be broken. Not sure if that was caused by the latest patch or not. Tried it three times in different ways, positive no one saw me, yet I get a spotted penalty. Hopefully this gets fixed.

Oldest_Snake

Oct 29, 2017
Do we know if these Holiday Hoarder challenges are going to stay on the completion menu even after they've been removed? I 100%-ed it last year but I really can't be bothered to do it all again without saves this year so I'll just not bother if it's not going to be counted on the menu.