• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
hitman2b2c3c3a.png

Early Release (Gold Edition or Collector's Edition): November 9th
Wide Release: November 13th

Site | Available on: PS4 | Xbox | PC (Steam, Humble Bundle, GMG)
IOI FAQs: Legacy Pack | Progression & Difficulty
Review Thread

Trailers: Announce | Sniper Assassin | Miami Gameplay | World of Assassination | Welcome to the Jungle
Colombia Gameplay | Ghost Mode Reveal | All Locations Reveal | Hitman Perfected | Launch Trailer
How To Hitman: Immersion | Assassin's Mindset | Tools of the Trade | The Briefcase

animation20mceho.gif

Travel the globe and track your targets across exotic sandbox locations in HITMAN™ 2. From sun-drenched streets to dark and dangerous rainforests, nowhere is safe from the world's most creative assassin, Agent 47.

Prepare to experience the ultimate spy thriller story; your mission is to eliminate the elusive Shadow Client and unravel his militia, but when 47 learns his target's true identity and the truth about his past, it changes everything.

HITMAN™ 2 introduces new ways to play, new game modes and new features, including the new Sniper Assassin mode with franchise first co-op play.

hitman2cvgc3c.png

LOCATIONS
Hawke's Bay
Enjoy a moonlit stroll to the sounds of roaring waves off the coast of Hawke's Bay, New Zealand, and retire for the evening on the deck of a highly secured luxury beach house designed by renowned architect Oscar Wong.

Isle of Sgàil
The Isle of Sgàil, North Sea, is one of the most secretive places in the world. Rumored to have served as everything from a Roman outpost to a "black site" prison for Russian spies, the island is a mystery to virtually everyone.

Miami
Visit sun-drenched Miami, Florida, and attend the final hours of the Global Innovation Race - a motorsports event showcasing the very latest in modern car design. Join a crowd of thousands of excited spectators at the biggest racing event of the year.

Mumbai
Nicknamed 'City of Dreams', lose yourself in the crowds of Mumbai's infamous slums, or admire Bollywood movie locations from afar; Mumbai will not disappoint with its colorful life and countless hidden secrets.

Santa Fortuna
Explore the remote village of Santa Fortuna, entrenched deep inside the lush Colombian rainforest and located at the foot of the infamous Delgado mansion.

Whittleton Creek
Picture perfect, Whittleton Creek in Vermont, USA, is the quintessential American suburb. Experience roads flanked by yellowing maple trees, carefully groomed yards and beautiful houses with neighborly people enjoying a quiet Saturday.
ummcVEvm.jpg
itaV9sxm.jpg
9aKXxV3m.png

VezMcqEm.jpg
IwMjEdim.jpg
ae1lUGvm.jpg

GHOST MODE
Ghost Mode challenges you to earn 5 points before your opponent by eliminating targets. To earn a point, the kill must be unnoticed and the body cannot be found for a short time afterwards. You'll also lose a point for eliminating non-targets, so be smart and precise. Once one target has been eliminated, both players will begun the hunt again with a new target. To help you in your mission, you can pick up items, disguises and weapons from Ghost Crates. The items in each one are randomised but they are the same for you and your opponent. You can only take one item from each Ghost Crate and doing so removes that item as a choice for your opponent.

The unique twist with Ghost Mode is that each player is in their own 'reality', where your actions only affect your reality – but you'll always be able to see a 'Ghost' version of your opponent. You'll see exactly what they're doing, what they're wearing and any items they're holding. One key strategic element in Ghost Mode is the use of Ghost Items, as these are the only way to impact your opponents reality. For example, throwing a Ghost Coin will attract attention in your reality, but will also do so in your opponents reality.

SNIPER ASSASSIN

HITMAN Sniper Assassin is a stand-alone experience that embraces the core elements of a HITMAN game, as seen through the sniper scope of Agent 47. You choose how and when to manipulate your environment and eliminate your targets to earn the highest score on the leaderboards. Play alone or through online co-op with a friend.

Location 1: Himmelstein - Perched in a sniper nest overlooking a lush Chateau during a lavish wedding ceremony, eliminate an international gang of thieves
hitman2fvuchn.png

hitman2e282dm6.png

POST-LAUNCH CONTENT
hitman2ad9fyq.png

ELUSIVE TARGETS
In HITMAN 2, Elusive Targets are unique, high-stakes contracts that are only available for a limited time. These missions are free for all players, allowing one chance to assassinate the target and if not successfully completed, the contract cannot be retried. THE UNDYING Elusive Target is first of many post-launch, free live content updates and missions that players will be able to enjoy in HITMAN 2.
hitman2dmneph.png

CNMhqLE.jpg

Last edited:

Lakitu

Dec 8, 2017
I will definitely buy, maybe not now but definitely soon.

Do we know if there are any levels on par with Sapienza or Hokkaido?

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
I'm so glad they dropped episodes, I'll grab this when it's $30.

Nice OT

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Dope OT. Looking forward to playing on Tuesday!

Carpathia

Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to this. PSA: Looks like the first map is very small and they got rid of the cutscenes, now it's just some black & white images with dialogue.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
I'm looking forward to play this tomorrow.

Courage

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
So for me to import Hitman 1, I'd need to upgrade to the GOTY edition? aka I'd have to spend $20 to get the Patient Zero campaign and GOTY outfit bundle or else the levels wouldn't get imported?

OP
OP
More_Badass

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
So for me to import Hitman 1, I'd need to upgrade to the GOTY edition? aka I'd have to spend $20 to get the Patient Zero campaign and GOTY outfit bundle or else the levels wouldn't get imported?
Asked this in the other thread, the "bonus episode" they mention is the Summer Bonus Episode, not the GOTY content

OP
OP
More_Badass

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
So I should be fine even though I don't own the content exclusive to the GOTY edition?
Yeah, there's a Legacy Pack for the game + Summer Bonus Episode and a Legacy GOTY Pack for people who own the GOTY content
Players who own HITMAN: The Full Experience, HITMAN: The Complete First Season (digital or disc) or all seven episodes individually from the previous HITMAN game, will be able to redeem the HITMAN Legacy Pack.

Players who own HITMAN – Game of the Year Edition (or have upgraded to the GOTY Edition) or own HITMAN: Definitive Edition, will be able to redeem the HITMAN GOTY Legacy Pack.

TheBored23

Aug 10, 2018
I only got around to Hitman 2016 after the first season was all released, and one of the things that hooked me early on was the escalation contracts in Paris and Sapienza. I'm a bit disappointed that those won't be available at launch here, but still really looking forward to this.

I pre-ordered the Gold Edition at Gamestop; I should be able to pick it up tomorrow, right?

Kyora90

Apr 15, 2018
So, do you have to have 1 installed to get the legacy stuff from 2 and play all the levels?

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Do we know what the expansions will include? New levels? Not sure whether to go for the Gold Edition or not.

Eblo

Oct 25, 2017
All these people getting to play tomorrow while I have to wait until the 13th

giphy.gif

TheBored23

Aug 10, 2018
Do we know what the expansions will include? New levels? Not sure whether to go for the Gold Edition or not.

Per the website, each expansion will include a new location, missions (in a recent AMA they said these will be like the bonus missions from Season 1, on altered versions of the maps already in the game), and a new sniper assassin map

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Per the website, each expansion will include a new location, missions (in a recent AMA they said these will be like the bonus missions from Season 1, on altered versions of the maps already in the game), and a new sniper assassin map

Thank you very much. Gold Edition it is, then! :)

Norwegian_Imposter

Circumventing a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
if I have the hitman 1 on pc but never played it (played season 1 on ps4 but got it on pc via a code) and I accidentally open up hitman 2 before playing hitman 1 will that remove my chances of getting the H1 levels on this new game?

Kyora90

Apr 15, 2018

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
if I have the hitman 1 on pc but never played it (played season 1 on ps4 but got it on pc via a code) and I accidentally open up hitman 2 before playing hitman 1 will that remove my chances of getting the H1 levels on this new game?
You will get the legacy pack automatically , no worries.
No, you acquire the legacy pack via opening up Hitman 1.
on PC you don't need to do that.

OP
OP
More_Badass

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know when the reviews will start dropping?
They already have. Check the Review thread; the general consensus is that the levels and additions are pretty fantastic but it just feels like...well, more Hitman, instead of a full-fledged sequel

Which I imagine for fans of the series and Hitman 2016, "more of the same but better" isn't exactly a negative

Achtung

Oct 25, 2017
Well hell.. gonna be sucked in when I hardly played the first. Not because I did not like it it just was intimidating to me. But gonna go Gold so I can play late tonight... gotta support good devs.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This was cool...

and then a few minutes later....