• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Joe Spangle

Nov 1, 2017
Oh man. Having a go at this Holiday Hoarder Level. Managed to collect all the junk (thanks to the guides posted above, never would have figured it out otherwise). waited for the two dudes to meet up at the fountain, shot the propellant tank, it didnt blow up and they ran off. Brilliant. Tried it again, got all the stuff, waiting for the dudes, thought id take my time to line up the shot perfectly, they stand in place for about 1 second then walk off before i took the shot. Brilliant.

zer0blivion

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Oh man. Having a go at this Holiday Hoarder Level. Managed to collect all the junk (thanks to the guides posted above, never would have figured it out otherwise). waited for the two dudes to meet up at the fountain, shot the propellant tank, it didnt blow up and they ran off. Brilliant. Tried it again, got all the stuff, waiting for the dudes, thought id take my time to line up the shot perfectly, they stand in place for about 1 second then walk off before i took the shot. Brilliant.
It takes 2 shots to explode the tanks. One shot to create a leak, and one more to blow it up. You can always shoot one of the tanks beforehand.

Gray

Oct 25, 2017
You are sure a camera didn't see you with a sniper rifle?

Yeah, positive. The sniper rifle was always in the briefcase when traveling the map. One of the times I tried to get SnA was while doing the Within a Broader Scope challenge, and only had the sniper rifle out when climbed on top of the tower near the beach. Same results.

newgamewhodis

Oct 28, 2017
Brooklyn

He says it might be his Game of the Generation.

I love Bunnyhop (and this game) so I'm thrilled. I think /r/games and Resetera are rightfully annoyed by the time-sensitive stuff, but that type of complaining tends to drown out how brilliantly designed and lovingly made this game truly is.

TheBored23

Aug 10, 2018
FWIW, I had a Sniper Asssasin run in Mumbai that I felt was wrongly not credited before this latest patch, but I also did manage to complete the challenge on a later run.

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
Getting to the point where I can rarely touch the game without losing multiple hours at a time to it, lol. Great vacation game.

I'm pretty pleased with the PS4 Pro performance, but the one thing that makes me kind of wish I went PC is the finnicky aiming whenenver I have to resort to guns. Most of the game feels great on a controller, but I still can't ever seem to precisely aim as quickly as I would like to.

Kraken3dfx

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
After putting in around 55 hours on the PC version and Just recently moving to the 3rd map, I downloaded the free Prologue on XBL, downloaded all of the legacy maps into it, and spent 4 or so hours working up my mastery in the ICA Facility and then Paris for the third time. Then I used the $20 in credit from those MS emails and double dipped on Hitman 2 as well so I can do the Elusive Targets twice.

Yeah, so Hitman.

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
I own Hitman but not this one, and I'm looking into replaying the campaign from the first.

Should I play the original or the remastered campaign in 2? Is there a comparison I can find somewhere?

tryagainlater

Oct 25, 2017
For sure, but I only played each level once so I'd like to play them with a different approach.

Just curious if it's better to play it in the original or in the second one.
There isn't really any huge differences between the two. There's some new mechanics in 2 useable in the remastered maps and there's some graphical changes. If you care about unlocks, you'll want to play the remastered maps to use in Hitman 2.

Oldest_Snake

Oct 29, 2017
IO really did a number of sniper gameplay with 2, huh?

Trying to do the Sniper Assassin challenge on Colorado from the water tower but less than a second after taking out a target the guards are just raining bullets down on me, I can't even get down the ladder before it switches to combat mode and the guys on the roof kill me. Changed strategy, take out Maya by shooting through the window of the barn near the default spawn location and a guard comes sprinting my way. I hide in the long grass but he comes directly to me, concealed and all, and spots me.

Solid Shake

Oct 28, 2017
Well Florida is done, I enjoyed that a good bit. How long do you guys usually spend on a level? I'm just curious how most people play.

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
The major (pre-hotfix) patch seems to have improved in-game and menu performance heaps, load time for image assets now much better.

Dick Justice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Someone forgot to update the description.
202c071455.png

5090a73c00.png

Grisby

Oct 29, 2017
On Xbox one X. Got an update last night. Can't seem to play the game anymore because as soon as I go into a mission it takes me into the pause screen? Can't back out of it or anything as it just keeps bringing it up.

I'm reading the tweet up above by I'm on console.

Edit- quitting the game and relaunching it seemed to have worked.

Last edited:

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
Am I encountering a bug, or does the revolutionary change locations between attempts?

Edit: It's not a bug.

Last edited:

tryagainlater

Oct 25, 2017
The changing starting location is interesting but it's a shame when an ET doesn't have much of a route. Got my SA anyway.

TheBored23

Aug 10, 2018
Thought I was clever placing a micro explosive so that it would knock him into the water. But I still had a body found anyways; the guy following him must have seen the explosion.

JarrodL

Oct 27, 2017
He didn't change locations for me, although I only had to restart once.
it's a shame when an ET doesn't have much of a route.
Yeah, this one was kind of boring.
In my case, he just sat in a room filming his video, with occasional pauses for a smoke on the balcony. Surrounded by soldiers at all times. Eimetic poison was the only way (unless I'm missing something) to get him away from the room and the guards, which is not very interesting.
Also, yikes at the target description text littered with typos and poorly worded sentences ("crossing boarders", "knowledge ... is unknown", "claimed to be born", etc.).

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Well I failed that one because I got impatient. The randomized locations is interesting but it led to a lack of possibilities to take down the target, especially in the small hut that's above the sleeping guard.

zer0blivion

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I've been taking my time with this one. I heard him say something about the "red menace" and immediately replanned to wear the Santa suit. Then I thought what's more appropriate than the Santa suit in Santa Fortuna? The answer was obviously killing him with a tuna. Now I'm trying to figure out how to throw the fish at him without getting spotted.

tryagainlater

Oct 25, 2017
He didn't change locations for me, although I only had to restart once.

Yeah, this one was kind of boring.
In my case, he just sat in a room filming his video, with occasional pauses for a smoke on the balcony. Surrounded by soldiers at all times. Eimetic poison was the only way (unless I'm missing something) to get him away from the room and the guards, which is not very interesting.
Also, yikes at the target description text littered with typos and poorly worded sentences ("crossing boarders", "knowledge ... is unknown", "claimed to be born", etc.).
I didn't get that spawn and I didn't see him smoke with the other ones but does he smoke near that gas canister on the balcony? That could be a fun accident kill although you may end up blowing up everyone else near him.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Got the silent assassin kill on the elusive target. I didn't realize that you have to wait for the accident prompt to pop up before exiting a level, so I'm glad I didn't get penalized.

IO really did a number of sniper gameplay with 2, huh?

Trying to do the Sniper Assassin challenge on Colorado from the water tower but less than a second after taking out a target the guards are just raining bullets down on me, I can't even get down the ladder before it switches to combat mode and the guys on the roof kill me. Changed strategy, take out Maya by shooting through the window of the barn near the default spawn location and a guard comes sprinting my way. I hide in the long grass but he comes directly to me, concealed and all, and spots me.
This is one of my few real complaints with the game. There are some levels on Master difficulty, where it seems arbitrary when one location attracts no attention for a sniper shot (like fairly out in the open), but others, where you've got walls on each side and can duck quickly, put you into combat immediately. Considering how lenient the game can be with crouch walking behind enemies, or how dim they can be when investigating accidental kills or distrations, it's weird that they are hyper alert with a silenced sniper shot from so far away.

JarrodL

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't get that spawn and I didn't see him smoke with the other ones but does he smoke near that gas canister on the balcony? That could be a fun accident kill although you may end up blowing up everyone else near him.
He does indeed, but yeah you'd have to find a way to lure away and knock out at least the 2 people who stand next to him to avoid collateral from the explosion.

tryagainlater

Oct 25, 2017
He does indeed, but yeah you'd have to find a way to lure away and knock out at least the 2 people who stand next to him to avoid collateral from the explosion.
I kinda wish they would have more clean accident kill setups in these elusives. Maybe that would be too easy but it can be kinda boring knocking out half the world to isolate the target.

justjim89

Nov 16, 2017
This ET is just tedious. I've probably restarted a dozen times now just trying to get in a good spot to go after him. But between the changing spawn point, the amount of NPCs, the amount of guards around the target, it feels really hit and miss on getting close to him stealthily.

justjim89

Nov 16, 2017
Jesus, how are you even supposed to poison him? His drink is always in view of multiple NPCs and he's never alone long enough to stick him with the needle. It feels like no matter what to get a reasonable SA you gotta take out half a dozen guards first.

Edit: Well shit Bernardo. You make it look so easy.

BigAT

Oct 30, 2017
Anyone have an issue with bugs on Holiday Hoarders? I was following this guide (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bj-K3iqBr80) and did everything successfully, but twice in a row it just stopped counting on Santa's Little Helper for me after 6 items. Plus afterward, Marv and Harry just got in a loop of alternating going to the bathroom outside instead of going to the propane tanks.

Very frustrating to have to deal with bugs in addition to all the other shit they did to downgrade this mission.

Edit: Turns out I was forgetting an item. But the game was still bugging out and show 6/12 even when I had 11/12 items.

Last edited:

Cocaine Jesus

Nov 4, 2018
The easiest SASO method I found for the ET is shooting a silenced gun near him to trigger a lockdown. Everyone freaks out and he leaves with all his guards, leaving you completely clear to poison his drink. He'll come back in a minute or so, start his normal loop again, and kill himself for you. Just make sure to let it register as an accident kill before you leave the level.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Anyone have an issue with bugs on Holiday Hoarders? I was following this guide (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bj-K3iqBr80) and did everything successfully, but twice in a row it just stopped counting on Santa's Little Helper for me after 6 items. Plus afterward, Marv and Harry just got in a loop of alternating going to the bathroom outside instead of going to the propane tanks.

Very frustrating to have to deal with bugs in addition to all the other shit they did to downgrade this mission.

Edit: Turns out I was forgetting an item. But the game was still bugging out and show 6/12 even when I had 11/12 items.
Did you drop an item or use it? Pretty sure Hitman 2 made a change where you have to carry all 12 items at once. Drop/destroy an item and the counter goes down 1.

fuzzylogic

Oct 26, 2017
I love how the hung-over band member's collision is still there next to the faucet. Like they just made him invisible and inactive but didn't remove him from the map, lol.

I finally figured out a fast Colorado SA run. Got 4:38 and #125. That's about as good as it gets for me; I'm no Bernardo.

I still have so much left to do in this game. It's a bottomless well of good times.

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not a fan of the random ET location, I restarted the mission way too many times, because I wanted to kill him in my favorite spot. I ended up (lethal) poisoning him, got only 4/5 stars. I think I got the Silent Assassin rating though, not sure about that one. I wouldn't keep (re)trying anyway, it's annoying how the guy is accompanied by two people even when he goes to puke. ;)

Last edited:

TheBored23

Aug 10, 2018
IO has stated that the trespassing SA changes were an unintentional byproduct of making it so you can get SA if only a target spots you, and they're working on a fix.