• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I grabbed the package, went to the bedroom to grab the boat keys, waited for him to enter the bathroom, then tossed the package through the bathroom window and blew it up on the way to the boat. Managed to get SA somehow, but not the best time.
I used the fire alarm to distract people to get the package, so he was off cycle and had to wait too long for him to go to the bathroom

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Got silly last night trying to grease up my moves to get SA on the elusive ...randomly fucked off with some idiots stealing my suitcase with the sniper (that I didn't need but was too lazy to replan to get rid of it) and ended up getting shot ...completely forgetting that this means I failed and lost the elusive target. :<

zer0blivion

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I used the fire alarm to distract people to get the package, so he was off cycle and had to wait too long for him to go to the bathroom
I ran straight in there, used the copy machine to distract the one guy, knocked him out and put him in the locker. Then I fired the silenced pistol to distract the guard long enough to pick up the combo, unlock the safe and extract the package. Then I threw a coin to distract the two enforcers in the hallway to make my escape. I almost never use the fire alarms.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I ran straight in there, used the copy machine to distract the one guy, knocked him out and put him in the locker. Then I fired the silenced pistol to distract the guard long enough to pick up the combo, unlock the safe and extract the package. Then I threw a coin to distract the two enforcers in the hallway to make my escape. I almost never use the fire alarms.
My problem are the two guys right next to the door. Their cycle is way too long so I had to figure something reliable out :p

zer0blivion

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
My problem are the two guys right next to the door. Their cycle is way too long so I had to figure something reliable out :p
Starting as mansion staff, you can run straight in there without getting caught trespassing. Getting out just requires distracting the guy who stares at the door. The other guy just patrols back and forth in front of that room and most of the time he's looking away from the door.

zer0blivion

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I've been going through the Legacy content, trying to unlock every challenge. Has anyone successfully unlocked The Source Slam Dunk challenge in Patient Zero Bangkok? I managed to get her to land on the canopy exactly one time and it didn't unlock. I reloaded and blew her up so many times, but it's super random. I tried with coins and the breaching charge, but that seems to just launch her into orbit. Tuppence a Wish was easy mode compared to this one.

Tunahead

Oct 30, 2017
I've been going through the Legacy content, trying to unlock every challenge. Has anyone successfully unlocked The Source Slam Dunk challenge in Patient Zero Bangkok? I managed to get her to land on the canopy exactly one time and it didn't unlock. I reloaded and blew her up so many times, but it's super random. I tried with coins and the breaching charge, but that seems to just launch her into orbit. Tuppence a Wish was easy mode compared to this one.

Slam Dunk is definitively, unambiguously broken in Hitman 2. Condolences.

cLOUDo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I want to finish it before jump in into the second game

The option is blocked in the main menu, it was a temporal?

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
After finishing up all the challenges in Mumbai, did my first stealthy run on Vermont then did a run on Isgail just exploring and trying to make it to the top. Made it there, grabbed the knight armor and then walked down the entire castle murdering everyone because the armor is pretty bulletproof and it seemed like there's a challenge to taking out the hooded guards. Took out the 2 targets on the way down and watched the ending. Then tried the Sniper Assassin mission to check it out.

On first runs Vermont doesn't seem bad, but it seems kinda boring with its flat, small layout and just a few houses and their interactions. Hopefully it gets more interesting when I start doing the opportunities. I explored every house on my first run and there just doesn't seem like a ton going on in the stage.

Isgail seems amazing. Reminds me a huge vertical tower Paris. Very excited to learn this stage. Did the fish escalation on it and that was fun. Is it just me or do the Escalations in this one all seem really short compared to the 2016 Escalations that were a little wider in stage scope?

Sniper Assassin stage seems cool enough. After I finish Vermont/Isgail through and through I'll probably try to do the challenges in it.

Now that I "beat" it, the story is sorta whatever but I kinda tuned out following it back in S1. The game is just about the locations and their mini-stories within them which are great.

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is it normal that I'm discovered in Sgail while using the silenced sniper rifle? I can kill Sophia without problems, but killing Zoe always alerts enemies to my position. I've tried this in the chapel and in the keep.

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
Is it normal that I'm discovered in Sgail while using the silenced sniper rifle? I can kill Sophia without problems, but killing Zoe always alerts enemies to my position. I've tried this in the chapel and in the keep.

IO must be working on it, but sniping and AI detection is definitely bugged at the moment. Instead of investigating the possible point of origin or just having no idea (an intended change the devs mentioned on pre-release live streams IIRC), they're alerted and immediately know 47's exact position no matter the distance.

TheBored23

Aug 10, 2018
It's been pointed out elsewhere that guards who shoot in your direction might not actually be "spotting you." That's just their reaction upon seeing a target get sniped.

zer0blivion

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I was watching a Hitman 2 stream by CJ the other day and he mentioned that some streamers got a personalized greeting in character by the voice actor who plays Agent 47. He said even "Munga Lunga Dingus" got one. I thought he was just being salty and making fun of mungadungalis' twitch name, but then I found the greeting. It's great.

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
It's been pointed out elsewhere that guards who shoot in your direction might not actually be "spotting you." That's just their reaction upon seeing a target get sniped.

That doesn't explain guards running halfway across the map and circling your sniper point guns drawn waiting for you to come down.

zer0blivion

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I had the same problem sniping from the chapel. I found I could avoid detection by going back down the stairs, stashing the sniper rifle in the briefcase and tossing it toward the bottom of the pipe, then sliding down and hiding in the grass. Guards will rush your sniping position, but you should be able to avoid detection until they give up the search.

Giever

Oct 25, 2017
I know the ET is supposed to end on Monday, but could someone tell me when, exactly? I'm visiting family and my return time is pretty up in the air and, having not done the ET yet, I want to get back home in time to attempt it. Thanks if anyone could give me the actual hours left or calculate the cutoff in EST or whatever!

Oct 27, 2017
London
How do you get a high star rating, like 4 star or something like that? Best I got was a 3 star and that was when I thought everything went really well. For the elusive target I just threw the explosive duck into the room he was in and blew him up. Done in 12 minutes.

Tunahead

Oct 30, 2017
How do you get a high star rating, like 4 star or something like that? Best I got was a 3 star and that was when I thought everything went really well. For the elusive target I just threw the explosive duck into the room he was in and blew him up. Done in 12 minutes.

These things will lower your star rating:
-getting caught on camera
-killing non-targets
-bodies found
-seen performing forbidden actions or carrying forbidden items

That's all I can remember.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
Don't forget that Holiday Hoarders goes AWAY Jan 8th, you have to finish the 4 challenges to get the santa suit before then or you won't be able to, unlike Hitman 1 where it was installed permanently and you could do it anytime.

I did them all last night, took around 2 hours. Unlike H1 there is no saving this time around so you have to get them done right, they are fairly easy although finding the 12 presents (without using any guide) will require a ton of time since you have to find them, write it all down, and then restart since there is no way to do it blind in a single run (unless I guess you are luckier than MaCaulay Culkin)

ianpm31

Oct 27, 2017
Bought Hitman 2 (never played part 1) and absolutely love the game. Even though I have so much content to play I felt like it was essential to get the GOTY Legacy pack for $20. Many friends recommended Hitman but kept passing it up but now I see what they mean. Great games

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I had the same problem sniping from the chapel. I found I could avoid detection by going back down the stairs, stashing the sniper rifle in the briefcase and tossing it toward the bottom of the pipe, then sliding down and hiding in the grass. Guards will rush your sniping position, but you should be able to avoid detection until they give up the search.
I don't think that finding an empty briefcase will alarm them. I just put the rifle on my back, quickly used the pipe and dumped it in the grass next to the crypt. There's also no need to wait downstairs, I used a coin to distract the guards in the crypt and easily made my way to the upper courtyard. This was of course done after killing both targets so I didn't have to transport the rifle anywhere else.

Anyway I got the same issue in Whittleton Creek after shooting Nolan from the tree house. :/

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Finally moved on to Santa Fortuna and I love it. Really feels like a jungle, lots of alternate paths, doesn't feel too oppressive like Colorado.

But apparently you can't go into sleep mode on PS4 anymore? Every time I do the game crashes when I resume.

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
Have no problems restoring from sleep, even today. Maybe need a database rebuild?

Holiday Hoarders is my probably my least favorite modern day mission. Some wonderful touches, but ultimately you're looking for random items with no feedback on how you're doing. Removing the save makes it even worse. So I appreciate the sentiment, but...maybe there should have been a Santa elusive target?

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
One more question - any ideas how to do Hold My Hair challenge in Sgail? I've managed to poison Sophia in the castle's bar, but she didn't go to the toilet. She did in Mr. Freeze's video, don't know if it's random, changed in a patch or if there's some minor detail I might've missed.

Last edited:

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
One more question - any ideas how to do Hold My Hair challenge in Sgail? I've managed to poison Sophia in the castle's bar, but she didn't go to the toilet. She did in Mr. Freeze's video, don't know if it's random or if there's some minor detail I might've missed.

One of the girls refuses the drink unless you do the fire ceremony first. (She says something about how she doesn't want to drink beforehand). If you do the ceremony properly, and then get the bar costume by luring someone outside using the power switch, you can get her to drink after.

EDIT: A more tricky route, though, would just be to lure away her guard by placing a gun on the floor, and then using the emetic needle...

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
One of the girls refuses the drink unless you do the fire ceremony first. (She says something about how she doesn't want to drink beforehand). If you do the ceremony properly, and then get the bar costume by luring someone outside using the power switch, you can get her to drink after.

EDIT: A more tricky route, though, would just be to lure away her guard by placing a gun on the floor, and then using the emetic needle...

I've tried it with Sophia. She didn't want anything from the bar before meeting with Jebediah, only after the meeting and only after I refused her offer. I haven't thought about the syringe, thanks for the tip. :)

JarrodL

Oct 27, 2017
To get the highest (Silent Assassin) rating the following conditions must be met:
- only targets are killed
- no dead or unconscious bodies found (except 'accident' victims, those don't count).
- nobody sees targets get killed (except in 'accidents', those don't count). This seems like a redundant condition considering the 'no bodies' one, but game actually does track this one separately. So you can't for example kill someone and then immediately exit the level before getting the 'body found' notification, you still lose stars.
- you must never be spotted while trespassing (which can happen if A) you're not wearing a disguise appropriate for current location; or B) someone gets suspicious of your disguise and you're not able to run away and hide from them in time)
- you must never be spotted doing something obviously illegal/suspicious or carrying an item not allowed for your current disguise (such actions/items usually have red exclamation mark on their pop-up prompt).
- either never get caught on camera, or erase evidence/disable surveillance if you do.

Last edited:

Kraken3dfx

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
Finally moved on to Santa Fortuna and I love it. Really feels like a jungle, lots of alternate paths, doesn't feel too oppressive like Colorado.

But apparently you can't go into sleep mode on PS4 anymore? Every time I do the game crashes when I resume.

Having double dipped on the XB1 version while it's on sale after playing 50+ hours of the PC version, the same thing happens there. The game will spend 15-20 seconds trying to reconnect to the servers and then freeze up and drop to the main system UI. Pretty frustrating side effect of an always online game structure. Not sure if the original game did this since I only ever played it on the PC.

zer0blivion

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I don't think that finding an empty briefcase will alarm them. I just put the rifle on my back, quickly used the pipe and dumped it in the grass next to the crypt. There's also no need to wait downstairs, I used a coin to distract the guards in the crypt and easily made my way to the upper courtyard. This was of course done after killing both targets so I didn't have to transport the rifle anywhere else.

Anyway I got the same issue in Whittleton Creek after shooting Nolan from the tree house. :/
That's true about them not caring about the briefcase, you could probably even leave the rifle there and they'll just take it away. I like to take it with me though, if possible.

In Whittleton Creek, I sniped them from the treehouse to unlock the challenges, then I restarted because there was no way I'd make it out alive after that. I got sniper assassin by getting the targets alone and sniping them point blank.

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
I'm just starting to get my head around Vermont. Is there anything you can actually do with the James Batty outfit and the lawsuit going on? I looked at the opportunities but didn't see any relating to him besides the clues one. I figure there should be some sort of interaction? Also I feel like my game is glitching on this map. I got the postman challenge before even doing anything and the breadcrumbs mission story without following it. Considering all the mailboxes, can you do something with the package that mailman gives you like put an explosive in it and put it in a target's mailbox?

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Well, for some reason, I didn't get SA on the Elusive Target even though nothing happened that would even jeopardize it.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
I was watching a Hitman 2 stream by CJ the other day and he mentioned that some streamers got a personalized greeting in character by the voice actor who plays Agent 47. He said even "Munga Lunga Dingus" got one. I thought he was just being salty and making fun of mungadungalis' twitch name, but then I found the greeting. It's great.

press got that too, like a few weeks ago.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I like Stealth games and rogue like games, should technically like Hitman? I tried the training and the S1 Paris but just couldn't get into it, maybe im not patient enough with my target...

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I like Stealth games and rogue like games, should technically like Hitman? I tried the training and the S1 Paris but just couldn't get into it, maybe im not patient enough with my target...
This isn't really anything like a roguelike. But if you like stealth games, this is the best one out there. But yes patience and learning are very important.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Been away from the game for over a week so I spent the night doing some of the stuff I'd missed in Santa Fortuna and then just now did the Elusive.

Since I'd clicked in here by accident and all I was unfortunately spoiled and knew 1. poisoning was the way to go and 2. he had random spawns. So I brought lethal pills and cursed myself for doing this at the last minute cause I might have to spend time looking for him.

But I lucked out and he was immediately set up right there in town next to the start. Lured the left construction worker down and got him in the stereo room; used that costume to scope out the target's room. Then picked open the door to the downstair's room; lured a guard out and dumped him into the room with the worker. At that point I went upstairs and looked into the recording stuff. Was clear that I just needed to make the one guard turn away as the enforcer who was still in the room was already distracted anyway. And then I got caught on camera.

Thankfully all that stuff I did earlier in the night actually paid off, which legitimately surprised me. I knew how to get right into Andrea's security room without caring about enforcers, thanks to having to redo things several times for the Hector cocaine challenge... Had packed a remote EMP to be extra safe for dealing with security without knowing how well it'd work/if I'd be in trouble; tossed it across the room and it handled things just fine.

Ran back, waited for a session to end, lured the guard down the stairs by tossing a brick at the right time. Quickly poisoned, ran down the stairs past them, almost got caught by an enforcer across the street but moved back in time. Got to the bus stop, paused to frantically check if I was actually by the bus stop exit, and then waited and left.

~15 minute SA, what a blessing. I'm annoyed I did this last minute while spoiled but at least it was a very obvious setup and I don't think I'd have approached it differently. I feel like I'd have still found it right away and done the same things; I would have probably replanned to poison (I don't think I'd have brought it by default) and spent more time looking for his new place, scoping that out, etc. etc. Maybe restarted till I got this place again. So at least it doesn't feel ok much like I cheated.

honestly I'm just thankful the game gave me that location

Daggoth

Oct 25, 2017
I feel bad for lurking in this thread and not posting :( and also for only getting up to Colombia so far. Will fix that soon.

I did this elusive by spawning at the bar, and if the target was in the seaside / jetty house: I used the house on the right (with two civilians), KO'd them and dumped their bodies in the box, then used a nearby crowbar to distract the nearby guard into the house. KO'd, took uniform. His body can't be spotted unless someone's in direct line of sight.

By this time the leader finished the first rehearsal and walked outside with most of the guards ... walked inside, waited for the remaining guard to turn his head, poisoned the wine, switched back to the suit, lockpicked the door nearby and deleted the evidence ... then just strolled through town and waited for a bus. No need to worry about enforcers in the suit.

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
So I feel like maybe because this game hasn't sold a lot there isn't a ton of information about some of the later stages in the game online. I've been googling around looking for info on Another Life/Whittleton Creek and there's not much out there. This thread's also not super active anymore outside new elusives.

So I felt like in Hitman 1 and in the first half of Hitman 2 almost every unique character outfit had something you could do with it. Like in Miami Florida Man could serve the coconut balls, Flamingo had the whole pathline, Moses had the chili challenge, etc...but like in Mumbai there's this Holy Man but nothing you can do as him? And in Another Life I can't find anything you can do as the Politician? James Batty? The Mailman, etc... is it just that they ran out of time and a lot of the outfits don't do anything besides unlock a challenge for getting them in the last few stages? Or is there stuff to do with them?

For online searching if there isn't a challenge connected to something there's like no information about anything in these stages unfortunately. Like you can get a car bomb, but can you even use it? No one gets in a car right? Also I'm surprised there's no letter bomb considering all the mailboxes and that Santa Fortuna has a letter bomb...Also what's with the house in Whittleton that's outside the map perimeter but still shows a staircase icon?

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
...but like in Mumbai there's this Holy Man but nothing you can do as him? And in Another Life I can't find anything you can do as the Politician? James Batty? The Mailman, etc... is it just that they ran out of time and a lot of the outfits don't do anything besides unlock a challenge for getting them in the last few stages? Or is there stuff to do with them?
  • Mumbai - Holy Man: He's the Maelstrom's body guard, and trails him for portions of the slums. He will attack you if you attack the Maelstrom. There may be some permission advantage to using him, but he's quite difficult to isolate. For now he's best used as a signal that the Maelstrom may be close.
  • Whittleton - Politician: I believe if you dress up as him, you can go ring any doorbell for conversational effect. I'm not sure what the tactical use is, yet.
  • Whittleton - James Batty: People are still investigating this one. He has the lawsuit, so maybe there is something to that?
  • Miami - Car Bomb: There is a kill sequence for this, as well as the Dolphin Riding exit.
  • Whittleton Spare House: My guess is it's a leftover from an alpha map. It's very common (speaking both as a dev and somebody who worked on hitman stuff a long time ago) to cut areas over time if they just stretch out the map too much, have bugs/memory issues, etc.

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
  • Mumbai - Holy Man: He's the Maelstrom's body guard, and trails him for portions of the slums. He will attack you if you attack the Maelstrom. There may be some permission advantage to using him, but he's quite difficult to isolate. For now he's best used as a signal that the Maelstrom may be close.
  • Whittleton - Politician: I believe if you dress up as him, you can go ring any doorbell for conversational effect. I'm not sure what the tactical use is, yet.
  • Whittleton - James Batty: People are still investigating this one. He has the lawsuit, so maybe there is something to that?
  • Miami - Car Bomb: There is a kill sequence for this, as well as the Dolphin Riding exit.
  • Whittleton Spare House: My guess is it's a leftover from an alpha map. It's very common (speaking both as a dev and somebody who worked on hitman stuff a long time ago) to cut areas over time if they just stretch out the map too much, have bugs/memory issues, etc.

Thanks! And for Car Bomb I meant in Whittleton I believe there's one in the secret tunnel passage.

tryagainlater

Oct 25, 2017
So I felt like in Hitman 1 and in the first half of Hitman 2 almost every unique character outfit had something you could do with it. Like in Miami Florida Man could serve the coconut balls, Flamingo had the whole pathline, Moses had the chili challenge, etc...but like in Mumbai there's this Holy Man but nothing you can do as him? And in Another Life I can't find anything you can do as the Politician? James Batty? The Mailman, etc... is it just that they ran out of time and a lot of the outfits don't do anything besides unlock a challenge for getting them in the last few stages? Or is there stuff to do with them?
They definitely put in one-off costumes into levels that are meant to be for fun in contracts mode. Sapienza had a ton that never served any purpose such as the cyclist, mime, and even the plague doctor was just there to have something funny to kill Caruso in. Colorado had the scarecrow, Marrakech had the Fortune Teller (although that did end up being used in the bonus mission).

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Batty is a Delgado cousin
The car bomb in the secret tunnel is just an explosive if you want one.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
So I've run into a weird issue with my copy on the Xbox.

I was playing the second Patient Zero mission and the "Saving" icon seemed to get stuck on screen, the game was perpetually trying to save and opening the pause menu the save screen was greyed out, even after leaving the game for about 10-15 minutes. I closed and quit the game as it was impossible to do anything else really, but now when I try to launch it the game just hangs on the title screen.

It works until I press A to start playing, and then it just sits there. The "A PLAY AS <profile name>" stops flashing, the music keeps playing, but nothing at all happens. If I press Y before anything else then the profile switch screen comes up, but again, as soon as Press A to try and launch the game even under a different profile it just hangs perpetually. At this point the only thing I can do is press the Xbox button on my controller to leave the game and quit it.

I've tried this with the Xbox in Offline mode as well, as I've noticed seriously slow performance with some of the menus when in online mode, but it makes no difference whatsoever.

Edit - Did a Full Shutdown on my Xbox and that looks to have resolved it, though all my autosaves from my last session have gone.

Last edited:

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
I think I hit a glitch in Whittleton Creek. I'm trying to do the Elderly Assistance challenge and one of the items is turn on the Gramophone. The problem is that it's not selectable/highlighted on my current run? I think it's because I did the Nurse opportunity and when you get locked in the study by Gunther it deactives all items in the room being selectable? I've turned the Gramophone on before in other runs but of course this run where I've spent 30 mins doing the rest of the assistance items it's glitching out ;_;

zer0blivion

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I think I hit a glitch in Whittleton Creek. I'm trying to do the Elderly Assistance challenge and one of the items is turn on the Gramophone. The problem is that it's not selectable/highlighted on my current run? I think it's because I did the Nurse opportunity and when you get locked in the study by Gunther it deactives all items in the room being selectable? I've turned the Gramophone on before in other runs but of course this run where I've spent 30 mins doing the rest of the assistance items it's glitching out ;_;
You can't do the nurse opportunity and get the elderly assistance challenge in the same run. You need to encourage the actual nurse to visit Janus.

Throw something in the water to scare the ducks.