• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hell Shinobi

Oct 27, 2017
I've been going through the Legacy content, trying to unlock every challenge. Has anyone successfully unlocked The Source Slam Dunk challenge in Patient Zero Bangkok? I managed to get her to land on the canopy exactly one time and it didn't unlock. I reloaded and blew her up so many times, but it's super random. I tried with coins and the breaching charge, but that seems to just launch her into orbit. Tuppence a Wish was easy mode compared to this one.

I'm about to try my luck with this. I've found the challenges in Patient Zero bugged. I never get the Silent Assassin rating at the end of the mission, but i do unlock the respective challenge!
I've been stucked in eternal loading screens.
And i've read that Slam Dunk is really broken now... i just to finished this before going to Season 2.

Amazing game still :)

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
You can't do the nurse opportunity and get the elderly assistance challenge in the same run. You need to encourage the actual nurse to visit Janus.

Throw something in the water to scare the ducks.

Ok, thought that doesn't really make much sense because if you complete the check up yourself you still get a +1 on elderly assistance and can do everything else besides the Gramophone. Just seems like that's glitched?

QFNS

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Finished the Holiday Hoarders challenges pretty quickly. Nice that you can shave a couple minutes off the completion time by stashing a propane tank where they meet up in the basement without having to wait the extra couple minutes for them to head out to the fountain. Stealing all the items is still annoying, but at least the kitchen start only needs level 2. Honestly if you want to do it just watch a video or something that shows where all the items are and the route to take because its REALLY hard to get them all in time if you don't know where to go.

Hitting the guy with a brick 3 times is just as annoying as before, but at least it doesn't require anything special. Just hitting him and coining someone over to see it over and over.

The santa suit and the clown suit are top tier for gags so I'm glad their back.

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
Update:

1. Yeah, three crashes on restore from sleep, so about 1/4th fail rate. I gather something in a recent patch is bugged. I always save before sleep anyway, but it's worth noting.

2. Despite reading otherwise, I didn't actually get to trigger any doorbell conversations with the Whittleton election guy. Something to improve later. It is fun to follow him around though, as he makes his calls...

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
Man, the final Patient Zero mission.

Just a neck snapping frenzy and bodies in corridors everywhere.

Last edited:

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
I was getting a bunch of CTD's with simulation quality set to "best". Knocking it down to "better" fixed it. Is this a known issue or just something weird on my end? i9 9900k processor 2080ti

Oct 27, 2017
Finished the Holiday Hoarders challenges pretty quickly. Nice that you can shave a couple minutes off the completion time by stashing a propane tank where they meet up in the basement without having to wait the extra couple minutes for them to head out to the fountain. Stealing all the items is still annoying, but at least the kitchen start only needs level 2. Honestly if you want to do it just watch a video or something that shows where all the items are and the route to take because its REALLY hard to get them all in time if you don't know where to go.

Hitting the guy with a brick 3 times is just as annoying as before, but at least it doesn't require anything special. Just hitting him and coining someone over to see it over and over.

The santa suit and the clown suit are top tier for gags so I'm glad their back.
Managed to get the Santa suit. Where can I get the Clown outfit?

QFNS

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I see. Thanks. I have the standard edition, so was able to unlock all the destinations in the Hitman 2. Is Patient Zero worth the upgrade?
I enjoyed it quite a bit when I played it through in season 1, but I haven't gone back to it in Hitman 2. I dunno what that tells you.

I think I heard a couple of challenges in it are broken in Hitman 2 atm, but you can find more by searching this thread, I think.

Hell Shinobi

Oct 27, 2017
I see. Thanks. I have the standard edition, so was able to unlock all the destinations in the Hitman 2. Is Patient Zero worth the upgrade?

It's short. 4 missions, the last one is trickier, due to the plot, won't spoil.
Third one is a sniper mission.

And the challenges aren't bugged. I also thought this reading through the thread, but no problem so far.
What's bugged is the Silent Assassin rating at the end of the mission. You will unlock the challenge but won't get the rating.

zer0blivion

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
It's short. 4 missions, the last one is trickier, due to the plot, won't spoil.
Third one is a sniper mission.

And the challenges aren't bugged. I also thought this reading through the thread, but no problem so far.
What's bugged is the Silent Assassin rating at the end of the mission. You will unlock the challenge but won't get the rating.
Pretty sure the Slam Dunk challenge is bugged in the Bangkok Patient Zero mission, due to the changes to fire extinguishers. It may still be possible, but it's much harder to pull off than it was in Hitman 2016. There's no reward for that challenge though, except for XP, so that shouldn't dissuade anyone.

Hell Shinobi

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty sure the Slam Dunk challenge is bugged in the Bangkok Patient Zero mission, due to the changes to fire extinguishers. It may still be possible, but it's much harder to pull off than it was in Hitman 2016. There's no reward for that challenge though, except for XP, so that shouldn't dissuade anyone.

I did it with the fire extinguishers method and it worked, but sure it took all of them and a few tries.

The thing that is completely bugged for me is the sound from the npcs or AI. When I throw a coin or a object to the room next to them they rarely hear, or in the room I'm in. I have to keep throwing stuff until they finally turn around.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I gave up on SA on the escalation. The second scientist is a pain in the dick with his cycle that you have to wait for for the distraction to work.

tryagainlater

Oct 25, 2017
I finally got around to Mumbai, and damn that level design is stellar. The train yard seems a bit boring but I haven't really looked around it much yet. The slums and the half finished building are great. There's a real diversity of areas that the live content will be able to take advantage of really well.

I also enjoyed the new escalation. Tricky but not too tedious.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Might take me a while to get to it, but I went ahead and bought the Gold version or whatever so I get all the expansions. I'm excited and love the series.

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've only started doing the Legacy missions so it's probably going to be at least a month before I pick it up. I'm also hoping for a reasonable price - 30 bucks maybe?

Nov 1, 2017
As neat as the bundle sounds, I already own Blood Money via Backwards Compatibility and have no interest in Absolution. 4k60fps (edit: and updated controls) does sound nice though.

Last edited:

Randdalf

Oct 28, 2017
Just did my first SASO on Whittleton Creek, whilst ticking off a few more challenges.

I went over the Wilson's fence and in through Janus's bathroom window, attracted the guard with an overflowing sink and subdued him. Then I poisoned his tea with lethal pills. Went out the side fence after taking out a pesky camera.

Cassidy is way more tricky. Can't deny that I save scummed this until I figured out a way to get it right. In through the second storey window via the pipe, then into his armory. I stole some flash grenades, used them to knock out the guard after he has called Cassidy to report them missing. This separates Cassidy from his bodyguard, because he sprints to the armory. I then used the second flash grenade to stun Cassidy when he came in (alone) and headshot him, then hid the body. Missed out being caught by the other patrolling guard (who just peeks into the room) by a matter of microseconds.

Got the clue for January 13th by using the generator in Cassidy's garage to attract the guard (this was when I was exploring if I could poison the coffee glass downstairs.

I was surprised afterwards that this run was #724 in the world, I guess people have been having trouble doing this one?

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
Honestly, I love those games and will gladly buy the remaster.

But....the thing I would really be excited for would be a campaign in Hitman 2 to remake / imagine those games. If not Absolution and Blood Money, then I think the first two games in the series are ripe for re-imagination in the Hitman season infrastructure. (Obviously the cost to do so is a lot more than remasters, though)

I'm spoiled, but the current system is that good.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
Honestly, I love those games and will gladly buy the remaster.

But....the thing I would really be excited for would be a campaign in Hitman 2 to remake / imagine those games. If not Absolution and Blood Money, then I think the first two games in the series are ripe for re-imagination in the Hitman season infrastructure. (Obviously the cost to do so is a lot more than remasters, though)

I'm spoiled, but the current system is that good.

Yeah it's legit hard to go back after hitman/hitman 2. I've wanted remakes of the best levels from contracts and codename 47 since 2016.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Auper confused about the games different editions

Do all people who buy the regular version still get access to hitman 1 maps ? And how big are the 2 additional maps you get in the gold edition

TheBored23

Aug 10, 2018
Auper confused about the games different editions

Do all people who buy the regular version still get access to hitman 1 maps ? And how big are the 2 additional maps you get in the gold edition
The Hitman 1 maps are available to everybody: for free if you have Hitman 1, or as $20 DLC. We don't know what the expansion maps will look like, but I think it's fair to assume they'll be full-scale maps on par with most of those in 1/2's main campaigns. I'd be disappointed if they weren't, at any rate.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
The Hitman 1 maps are available to everybody: for free if you have Hitman 1, or as $20 DLC. We don't know what the expansion maps will look like, but I think it's fair to assume they'll be full-scale maps on par with most of those in 1/2's main campaigns. I'd be disappointed if they weren't, at any rate.

Oh i see so the maps included in the gold edition have not released yet

And yeah i have hitman 1 but in disc form as the GoTY edition, so i assume because ive played it a ton that i will get the maps in hitman 2?

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
You'll also get some bonus stuff for having the GOTY edition (or the upgrade, for those who bought it before) as well.

It's a pretty easy process, though, you basically just get access to DLC for 2 via a menu in 1 as Shinobi described.

traillaitor

Jun 10, 2018
Just bought this for £27 on PSN. I'm right in guessing that its 2 and the first mission of HM1 included in the bundle?

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I think Paris is free till the 8th still due to Holiday Hoarders, so you do technically have access to the first episode of 1 beyond the prequel, it's just only temporary.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Finally got round to finishing the Holiday Hoarders challenges. I had the game crash on me during a run which was annoying but it was fairly smooth.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
8E571AB18A14F921E935EC0FFB60ACEBC85B7498

zer0blivion

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I finally did the slam dunk challenge on The Source. Used 7 fire extinguishers and a breaching charge. Took several attempts, but I got there in the end.

Ryo Hazuki

Oct 25, 2017
January Roadmap:

https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-2-january-roadmap/

January 3 – The BigMooney Flamboyancy
Escalation Contracts focus on your skills as Agent 47 and how you can adapt your playstyles to the various complications that we can throw your way. Escalations are not necessarily about immersion, but definitely give you a gameplay challenge. This particular Escalation is a little different since this has been designed and named by our community member Big Mooney, spoiler alert – he really likes the flamingos.

January 10 – Desperate Measures
For January we've picked 10 Featured Contracts to be added to the game. All Featured Contracts are created by members of the community and then added to the game for all players to enjoy. For HITMAN 2, we will pick our Featured Contracts based on themes – this time around the theme is 'Fiberwire // Measuring tape' and we call it "Desperate Measures", as all contracts are focused on fiber wire and/or measuring tape kills. Later this month, we'll share information on the next theme for February and how you can submit your contracts to be included.

January 10 – Fishy Business
Something's fishy in Miami… find out what, with these 6 new challenges.

January 11 – Developer Livestream
2019's first live stream will focus on escalations, contracts and more. Join us on Twitch and Mixer. (More details coming soon)

January 17 – The Marinello Motivation
In The Marinello Motivation Escalation, you're going back to the Isle of Sgail – to complete a set of various complications.

January 24 – The Appraiser
A new Elusive Target will arrive for the first time on the Isle of Sgail for 10 days and you'll be able to unlock the Tuxedo and Mask with gloves suit if you manage to complete it. Check our Elusive Target Rewards blog post for a full overview of the ET rewards.

January 25 – Developer Livestream
It's time to see if it's possible for our hosts and guest to get a Silent Assassin rating on the Appraiser, Elusive Target. Join us Friday the 25th on Twitch and Mixer for gaming, questions, and more. (More details coming soon)

jan_roadmap-1024x576.png

Carm

Oct 27, 2017
Indiana
So either the game is bugged or they pulled Holiday Hoarders early, went to go do it and it's not there anymore. The tile is there but clicking on it does nothing but send you to showstopper/escalations.