• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gray

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I was hoping for a Mumbai elusive target to get the Imperial suit with gloves so that I can use it on other maps.

tryagainlater

Oct 25, 2017
I was pretty happy with my playing one map a month routine since I have plenty other games to play. Not sure about going into Sgail blind.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I probably know a lot of the map better than most of the others (or at least how to handle different parts of it) due to doing more challenges there, so I'm set, but that's still a weird pick.

Going through them in order made sense to let people spend more time with each level before progressing still, and there are obviously people who just got it for Christmas or started it during their holiday break as well. Bit weird to jump to the final level with that in mind.

zer0blivion

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
After unlocking every single challenge on the legacy and new maps, and getting every achievement, I've started digging in to the contracts mode. Can anyone recommend some fun contracts on any map (legacy, bonus maps, or new ones), for PC?

I found this one via one of bigMooney06's YouTube videos: 1-12-2355941-87 It was really fun, and I managed to get second place after a few tries.

unknownspectator

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
at the risk of tooting my own horn, I can offer you my most recent contract:

vivMypX.jpg

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks interesting. I'll tackle it as soon as I get home from work. Is that the exit that requires the flare?
I'm guessing that's at the helipad with all the raiders

Don't think I can get much cleaner, I tried a flash bang + syringe but it was too messy and so was the exit
edit : nvm figured something better :)

1546974854-sans-titre.jpg

There we go
You could have a fun twist to it like kill her as Janus, and then maybe another small complication.

Start as architect with fish and breaching charge
Go out, cross the bridge, take out the guard on the left with fish, grab him so he doesn't fall over, disguise
Go down, grab the propane in the boiler room, propane + charge to kill her, run to chopper through museum

Last edited:

TheBored23

Aug 10, 2018
After unlocking every single challenge on the legacy and new maps, and getting every achievement, I've started digging in to the contracts mode. Can anyone recommend some fun contracts on any map (legacy, bonus maps, or new ones), for PC?

I found this one via one of bigMooney06's YouTube videos: 1-12-2355941-87 It was really fun, and I managed to get second place after a few tries.
The Hitman Forum thread generally has some good ones. Contracts mode has been the bulk of my play for the past few weeks now.

zer0blivion

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I'm guessing that's at the helipad with all the raiders

Don't think I can get much cleaner, I tried a flash bang + syringe but it was too messy and so was the exit
edit : nvm figured something better :)

1546974854-sans-titre.jpg

There we go
You could have a fun twist to it like kill her as Janus, and then maybe another small complication.

Start as architect with fish and breaching charge
Go out, cross the bridge, take out the guard on the left with fish, grab him so he doesn't fall over, disguise
Go down, grab the propane in the boiler room, propane + charge to kill her, run to chopper through museum

Nice. I got 58s SA, but only because the trespassing is kinda broken.

Start as an Ark member in the gallery with a lockpick and prox. taser.
Wait for the panning shot to finish so the patrolling guard won't get in the way.
Go straight to the tower, pick the lock, go in and shoot the faucet.
Wait for her to get close to the sink and toss the prox. taser.
Get to da choppa'.
I got caught trespassing at the end, but it didn't matter. Still got Silent Assassin.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Finally got around to playing the Sniper Asssassin mission at Himmselstein and man, I don't know if I had just programmed my brain to play Hitman for challenges and then click "replay mission" without actually completing the mission, not realizing that it's the only level where you get a modifier, not actual XP points for challenges, but at this point I've completed all of the challenges for the level and am still only 10/20 mastery on the gun upgrades. I don't think I have it in me to grind up the last 10 levels.

On that note, just two achievements away from 2000/2000. This game has so much content. I'm probably only 60-70% completed challenges on most levels.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Ended up doing some contracts and then that Miami escalation.

It took me ~20 minutes each time but I very quickly found the route to use during the first stage, and then the second stage fit my plan well still as I hadn't really used any items and so could afford to plan to deal with it fine, and then the third stage was totally doable.

So I got SA each time and that felt rad as hell even though I totally failed to optimize my setup for it at all. Feels good to have even a minor amount of my knowledge of the level be used like this.

tryagainlater

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got around to playing the Sniper Asssassin mission at Himmselstein and man, I don't know if I had just programmed my brain to play Hitman for challenges and then click "replay mission" without actually completing the mission, not realizing that it's the only level where you get a modifier, not actual XP points for challenges, but at this point I've completed all of the challenges for the level and am still only 10/20 mastery on the gun upgrades. I don't think I have it in me to grind up the last 10 levels.

On that note, just two achievements away from 2000/2000. This game has so much content. I'm probably only 60-70% completed challenges on most levels.
I might be wrong but I figure the sniper rifle mastery will carry over any of the sniper levels (not the Colorado one though) that will come in the future so you can grind it out later on the new missions of which we've been promised at least 2 of so no need to get burned out on Himmelstein.

Oh shit!

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
I might be wrong but I figure the sniper rifle mastery will carry over any of the sniper levels (not the Colorado one though) that will come in the future so you can grind it out later on the new missions of which we've been promised at least 2 of so no need to get burned out on Himmelstein.

Oh shit!
I meant the challenges specific to the separate game mode/Himmelstein level (challenges like shooting all of the rubber ducks, the hawks, the doves, electrocuting all three targets, etc). I feel like in the normal missions, doing those challenges and then clicking replay, nets a huge amount of level mastery xp over time. I have 20/20 mastery on all levels, even those that still have dozens of incomplete challenges. But in this separate mode, you only bank any xp if you actually finish the mission. If there are other missions where you are locked in place, sniping, that are coming later, yeah, maybe I can update the sniper rifle over time with mastery there, but I was under the impression that the extra levels coming were regular levels.

tryagainlater

Oct 25, 2017
I meant the challenges specific to the separate game mode/Himmelstein level (challenges like shooting all of the rubber ducks, the hawks, the doves, electrocuting all three targets, etc). I feel like in the normal missions, doing those challenges and then clicking replay, nets a huge amount of level mastery xp over time. I have 20/20 mastery on all levels, even those that still have dozens of incomplete challenges. But in this separate mode, you only bank any xp if you actually finish the mission. If there are other missions where you are locked in place, sniping, that are coming later, yeah, maybe I can update the sniper rifle over time with mastery there, but I was under the impression that the extra levels coming were regular levels.
The expansion pass will have 2 new sniper maps in addition to regular maps. Some people also think there's a free one coming soon but I don't know how substantial that info is.

tryagainlater

Oct 25, 2017
The new challenge pack in Miami, which is pretty quick and easy, rewards you with a fishing line unlockable which works as a fibre wire alternative. Just in time to do the 10 new fibre wire themed featured contracts.

zer0blivion

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
The new challenge pack in Miami, which is pretty quick and easy, rewards you with a fishing line unlockable which works as a fibre wire alternative. Just in time to do the 10 new fibre wire themed featured contracts.
I was hoping for the Starfish, a non-suspicious lethal throwable. Fibre wire is already not suspicious and now there are two reskins of it.

tryagainlater

Oct 25, 2017
I was hoping for the Starfish, a non-suspicious lethal throwable. Fibre wire is already not suspicious and now there are two reskins of it.
Yea, the starfish would have been cool. Personally, I at least like the initiative to give us quirky reskinds of items I actually use. The various gun unlocks in Season 1 were pretty useless to me.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Yea, the starfish would have been cool. Personally, I at least like the initiative to give us quirky reskinds of items I actually use. The various gun unlocks in Season 1 were pretty useless to me.
I used to feel the same way, but after watching some speed runs for suit only/silent assassin, I started to realize how useful the silenced pistol is for distraction purposes and security cameras. I mean, my preferred way to play is still a little slower with more set-ups, but it's pretty amazing to watch how the pistols can be used by masters.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Are there other unlocks in Hitman 2 behind Challenge Packs? I was pretty sure I had everything unlocked I could, but maybe I'm missing some if they are tied to completing all challenges of a certain type.

zer0blivion

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Are there other unlocks in Hitman 2 behind Challenge Packs? I was pretty sure I had everything unlocked I could, but maybe I'm missing some if they are tied to completing all challenges of a certain type.
There's only one challenge pack so far for Hitman 2, but there are a bunch of unlocks tied to challenges.

Miami
  • ICA Micro Remote Explosive – (Explosive) – Complete Mission Story Challenges in Miami
  • ICA Briefcase – Complete Miami Level to Unlock
Santa Fortuna
  • ICA Remote Taser – Complete Mission Story Challenges in Santa Fortuna
  • Sacrificial Knife – Complete Secret Tunnel Feat
  • Meaty Bone – Complete "We Meat Again" Challenge by knocking out meat enthusiast with a meaty bone and then feeding him to piranhas.
Mumbai
  • Remote EMP Charge – Complete Story Missions in Mumbai
Whittleton Creek
  • Kalmer 1 – (Tranquilizer Gun) – Complete Mission Story Challenges in Whittleton Creek.
Isle of Sgail
  • ICA Remote Concussion Device – Complete Mission Story Challenges on The Isle of Sgail.
And on the Legacy maps

Prologue
  • Lockpick – Complete Mission Story Challenges in ICA Facility
  • TAC-SMG – (SMG) (Suppressed, Steady-Aim) – Complete Five Escalations
  • ICA Tripwire Mine – (Explosive) – Complete final stage of any escalation with Silent Assassin rating
Paris
  • ICA19 Silverballer – (Suppressed, Steady Aim) – Complete Mission Story Challenges in Paris
  • A New Bat – (Melee) – Complete all levels in the Corky Commotion Escalation Contract.
Sapienza
  • Proximity Explosive Duck – (Explosive) – Complete Mission Story Challenges in Sapienza
The Icon Bonus Mission
  • The Iconator – (Explosive) – Complete all Mission Stories & Complete Four Assassination Challenges
Landslide Bonus Mission
  • The Big One – (Explosive) – Complete all Mission Stories & Complete Five Assassination Challenges
Marrakesh
  • Emetic Poison Vial – (Poison) – Complete Mission Story Challenges in A Gilded Cage
A House Built on Sand Bonus Mission
  • Janbiya – (Melee) – Complete all Mission Stories & Complete Five Assassination Challenges
  • Sieger 300 Ghost – Complete all levels in the Cheveyo Calibration Escalation contract
Bangkok
  • ICA Explosive Phone – (Explosive) – Complete Mission Story Challenges in Bangkok
  • Gold Coin – (Distraction) – Complete Tuppence a Wish Feat in Bangkok
Colorado
  • Disposable Scrambler (Tool) – Complete Mission Story Challenges in Colorado
Hokkaido
  • Concealable Knife – (Melee) – Complete Mission Story Challenges in Hokkaido
  • Striker – (Pistol) – Complete all levels of The Dexter Discordance Escalation Contract
Global Challenges
  • Classic Lockpick – (Tool) – Complete All Classic Challenges on Professional Difficulty in all Hitman 2 Missions
  • Classic All-Black Suit – (Outfit) – Complete All Classic Challenges on Professional Difficulty in all Hitman 1 Main Missions
  • Black Leather Briefcase (Tool) – Complete All Classic Challenges on Master Difficulty in all Hitman 2 Missions
  • Classic Coin – (Distraction) – Complete All Classic Challenges on Master Difficulty in all Hitman 1 Main Missions
Global Escalations
  • TAC-SMG Covert – (SMG) – Complete Five Escalations
  • ICA Tripwire Mine – (Explosive) – Complete the final stage of any Escalation with Silent Assassin rating.
Source: https://attackofthefanboy.com/guides/hitman-2-how-to-unlock-all-weapons-and-equipment/

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
There's only one challenge pack so far for Hitman 2, but there are a bunch of unlocks tied to challenges.

Miami
  • ICA Micro Remote Explosive – (Explosive) – Complete Mission Story Challenges in Miami
  • ICA Briefcase – Complete Miami Level to Unlock
  • ICA Remote Taser – Complete Mission Story Challenges in Santa Fortuna
  • Sacrificial Knife – Complete Secret Tunnel Feat
  • Meaty Bone – Complete "We Meat Again" Challenge by knocking out meat enthusiast with a meaty bone and then feeding him to piranhas.
Thanks! Luckily, have all of these unlocked already.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I used to feel the same way, but after watching some speed runs for suit only/silent assassin, I started to realize how useful the silenced pistol is for distraction purposes and security cameras. I mean, my preferred way to play is still a little slower with more set-ups, but it's pretty amazing to watch how the pistols can be used by masters.

Yeah, repeatedly trying Holiday Hoarders through following a guide the other day was annoying + time consuming but at least it reminded me how you can do a lot with them. It's not like I ever really went for challenge's in 1's levels, but I didn't realize you could just stand by the kitchen and easily shoot out the security device, or how often "just shoot a wall to distract them" works. Though that might just be me sometimes forgetting people noticing bullets doesn't actually affect SA, hah.

It also encouraged me to run right through dangerous areas more, which... probably will hurt me at some point in the long run but made me way more daring with that escalation I did recently, so that helped.

tryagainlater

Oct 25, 2017
Admittedly, I always just use the golden pistol you get in Bangkok. Always got the job done.

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
i got this thanks to the amazon $30 deal a few weeks back. i'm really enjoying it but this is basically me at every stage:

GxphUcCGSt2cyjtUkVuMvDZnK4A=.gif

i could see myself going back for some of the more cinematic things that i missed. it's crazy how much you can do but most of my kills have boiled down to using force.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
You weren't kidding about the new Miami challenges being easy. Didn't get them all in one run, though. Had to retry Florida Man a few times, guards didn't both get hit the first time so I had to reload an auto save, and after I knocked out Sierra in a crowd I threw octane for the hell of it to kill her but blew myself up, and when I reloaded from another auto save it was back at the aquarium so just threw in all 3 fish and called it a day instead of seeing if I could do it all at once.

But it was fun to run through that fast.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
Hitman HD Collection is out on ps4/xb1, $59.99 I think its digital only? It includes remasters of Blood Money and Absolution. I wonder how different it is from the 360 BC versions on xbox, which I think I have thru GWG or Gamepass? Also have them on Steam and wonder if the HD remasters are "better" or just the PC version.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP4572-CUSA12650_00-HITMANHDENHANCED
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/hitman-hd-enhanced-collection/btvz6x9x9qn3

I wish they were a bit more transparent about Elusive Targets with a calendar or something, I don't play the game weekly anymore while I catch up on other stuff and always think I'm going to miss the next ET, and it just says "coming soon" for me.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
For season 1 they at least had an app to notify you, though I don't think it ever... really worked...

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
I've been working through S'gail and the challenges and one thing I'm kinda surprised about is the map has less opportunities than most (6 vs the usual 7) and it feels like less assassination challenges (14 I think).

What's odd to me is that the map is super complex and while I'm still getting a grip on it all (I had no problem with Mumbai's little streets, but learning all the ins and outs of this map is really challenging, maybe just because it's at night idk), it feels like there are so many potential assassination ways in the map. So it just feels like they didn't make challenges for a lot of them. Strange. Going through the challenge list too it feels like this map is definitely the toughest of the group. A lot of the feats require moving around the whole map in a hostile disguise which is challenging with all the people. I still gotta learn getting around really well for SOSA. Such a massive level.

Also on Miami with the new challenges...uh, I 100%'d Miami at the start and feel like I know that map darn well but I don't remember any way to get Sierra to go to the Aquarium? Knox goes during lockdown but how do you get Sierra there?

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I've been working through S'gail and the challenges and one thing I'm kinda surprised about is the map has less opportunities than most (6 vs the usual 7) and it feels like less assassination challenges (14 I think).

What's odd to me is that the map is super complex and while I'm still getting a grip on it all (I had no problem with Mumbai's little streets, but learning all the ins and outs of this map is really challenging, maybe just because it's at night idk), it feels like there are so many potential assassination ways in the map. So it just feels like they didn't make challenges for a lot of them. Strange. Going through the challenge list too it feels like this map is definitely the toughest of the group. A lot of the feats require moving around the whole map in a hostile disguise which is challenging with all the people. I still gotta learn getting around really well for SOSA. Such a massive level.

Also on Miami with the new challenges...uh, I 100%'d Miami at the start and feel like I know that map darn well but I don't remember any way to get Sierra to go to the Aquarium? Knox goes during lockdown but how do you get Sierra there?

I'm not done all of S'gail but I'm pretty into it. I actually felt it was easier for me to learn (though I should say I've done the least in Mumbai with Santa Fortuna in second last currently), probably because a lot of it is vertical? It connects in a lot of ways, but I just explored an absolute ton my first time through and it helped me remember how everything links up.

Anyway, you don't need to get her in the aquarium. Just gotta knock her out with the fish melee/thrown item.

Also, I had no idea he went there during his lockdown, huh. My approach for the initial dropping the shark kill and this one was...

Just opening Florida Man's stand, dropping a gun at the bottom of the stairs he goes down to go there to distract his guard, and coining him when he walked close enough to the aquarium. Though this time it failed and he got fish slapped in the locker room stairs instead.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Most featured contracts were good except the one in mumbai's crow hideout (hiding the body of the guy next to the boat you can shoot is horrible), and the one in sgail where you have to kill the mortician without subduing anyone is complete BS

unknownspectator

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Most featured contracts were good except the one in mumbai's crow hideout (hiding the body of the guy next to the boat you can shoot is horrible), and the one in sgail where you have to kill the mortician without subduing anyone is complete BS

actually, it's simple.

simply bring your wire and a frag grenade and smuggle in a lockpick at the gatehouse. start at the default location and climb that drain pipe near the main entrance. Just head towards your target while picking up the lockpick. unlock the door and walk into the boiler room then throw the frag in front of the door you entered. Quickly run through the other door in the boiler room and hide behind the curtains, 99% of the time, she will run to there and the guards will be investigated the location of the explosion. Simple really

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
I'm not done all of S'gail but I'm pretty into it. I actually felt it was easier for me to learn (though I should say I've done the least in Mumbai with Santa Fortuna in second last currently), probably because a lot of it is vertical? It connects in a lot of ways, but I just explored an absolute ton my first time through and it helped me remember how everything links up.

Anyway, you don't need to get her in the aquarium. Just gotta knock her out with the fish melee/thrown item.

Also, I had no idea he went there during his lockdown, huh. My approach for the initial dropping the shark kill and this one was...

Just opening Florida Man's stand, dropping a gun at the bottom of the stairs he goes down to go there to distract his guard, and coining him when he walked close enough to the aquarium. Though this time it failed and he got fish slapped in the locker room stairs instead.

Yeah for Robert Knox there's a specific setup to get him right under the shark.

I definitely prefer when there's scripted ways you can manipulate to get everyone where they should be for challenges. Stuff like dragging the bodies to the hippo in Santa Fortuna don't feel "smart" to me because they're more like just brute forcing a challenge. I always feel good when I figure out how to manipulate a targets pathway to get them where I want to be for specific kill challenges.

One of the challenge icons for the Miami pack had Sierra walking in the aquarium which is weird because afaik there's no way to get her there. Just kinda odd. Would be neat if they add a new trigger to get her there.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
I finally started to play this 2 days ago and I'm already having a blast. Forgot how much I liked the gameplay ever since Hitman 2016.

My only small complaint is that Sniper Rifles are appareantly locked behind other missions, at least for Nightcall. Wanted to play 1 mission until full completion, before I move on to the next mission. Guess that won't be possible, but that's okay. It's not like it hurts the overall gameplay or the fun that I have with the game.

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I finally started to play this 2 days ago and I'm already having a blast. Forgot how much I liked the gameplay ever since Hitman 2016.

My only small complaint is that Sniper Rifles are appareantly locked behind other missions, at least for Nightcall. Wanted to play 1 mission until full completion, before I move on to the next mission. Guess that won't be possible, but that's okay. It's not like it hurts the overall gameplay or the fun that I have with the game.
You get the sniper rifle for Hawke's Bay level 5 mastery. It's not a silenced model though, however you can use it to complete all of Nightcall's challenges. A proper silenced rifle is one of the rewards in the final level. With other levels it's best to leave sniper related challenges for later imo, they can be very difficult with a non-silenced sniper rifle.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
You get the sniper rifle for Hawke's Bay level 5 mastery. It's not a silenced model though, however you can use it to complete all of Nightcall's challenges. A proper silenced rifle is one of the rewards in the final level. With other levels it's best to leave sniper related challenges for later imo, they can be very difficult with a non-silenced sniper rifle.

I've read about 3 other ways to unlock them with the help of the Legacy content, so I might consider doing those first. I might also just leave them for the end, like you said. Not sure yet.