• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
Yes if you have access to Legacy levels then it's best to achieve Paris lvl5 mastery.

I have, but for some reason I can't actually redeem the Legacy Pack on Xbox One. Says it's currently unavailable? Tried it by launching Hitman 2016 and going to the Store page and yeah... Am I missing something? I've read the instructions by IOI, too, and it seems like they had prior issues with the process.

zer0blivion

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I have, but for some reason I can't actually redeem the Legacy Pack on Xbox One. Says it's currently unavailable? Tried it by launching Hitman 2016 and going to the Store page and yeah... Am I missing something? I've read the instructions by IOI, too, and it seems like they had prior issues with the process.
Do you have the free "HITMAN 2 – Prologue" registered to your account? "You only need to 'get' this item, not have it downloaded or installed."

They updated the legacy FAQ since it was originally posted.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
Do you have the free "HITMAN 2 – Prologue" registered to your account? "You only need to 'get' this item, not have it downloaded or installed."

They updated the legacy FAQ since it was originally posted.

It says "Hitman 2 - Prologue" on the Xbox Guide quickstart icon and in the Store. However, it doesn't say that anywhere in the My Games & Apps section. Not even under the "Installed" or "Ready to Install" section of Hitman 2.

That's also the FAQ that I have read and followed. So far, I have only access to Paris Legacy, but that was due to it being free some weeks ago.

Really not sure what to do?

zer0blivion

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
It says "Hitman 2 - Prologue" on the Xbox Guide quickstart icon and in the Store. However, it doesn't say that anywhere in the My Games & Apps section. Not even under the "Installed" or "Ready to Install" section of Hitman 2.

That's also the FAQ that I have read and followed. So far, I have only access to Paris Legacy, but that was due to it being free some weeks ago.

Really not sure what to do?
That sucks. Maybe someone here with the Xbox One version can help you out.

zer0blivion

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Most featured contracts were good except the one in mumbai's crow hideout (hiding the body of the guy next to the boat you can shoot is horrible), and the one in sgail where you have to kill the mortician without subduing anyone is complete BS
They're actually not so bad with the right strat. I struggled with them too, but I learned a lot from these videos.

JarrodL

Oct 27, 2017
Whack-A-Mole opportunity in Vermont seems to be bugged on Master difficulty - you can't talk to that guard to request instructions, nor can you report successfully filling the holes to him. He also gets suspicious of the gardener disguise, so if you approach him from the front your cover is blown like with other guards. The opporunity works fine on Professional.

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
I think I'm kinda over Sgail. Just have a ton of feats left, but after spending 2 hours doing a kill everyone run as a knight armor to get none shall pass & all the kings men, I didn't even get the latter because 2 of them disappeared somehow. Was stuck at 23/25 and ran through the map so many times and no one was left to shoot at me anywhere. Don't have the energy to do that again or do the 30 coin hunt.

Got 100% challenges on every stage until this point, but at like 90 hours game time I'm burned out by some of these grindy challenges. I think they went a bit too much grind on this last map :/

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
How are you supposed to get SOSA on Sgail these days? Seems very, very limiting. I googled around and for Zoe almost everyone uses the cage method which is a pain in the ass but seems to work, but for Sophie the alarm clock method does not work anymore because her bodyguard follows her in everytime when pre-patching she would go by herself. SOSA is all I need left on this stage but struggling. I feel like this stage is the most restrictive out of all of them for SO runs. You're pretty much limited to the outside grass/rails and it feels like none of the mission stories/opportunities work on their own.

Now that I've spent like 15 hours on this stage, I don't really like it that much. I feel like Mumbai >> Miami are the only great maps this season, and Sgail is sorta cool, but annoying, Whittleton is a bit boring, almost a large sized tutorial stage, and Santa Fortuna is just tedious.

*edit* found a video run finally that didn't use the alarm clock for Sophia and used the security room. That method still works and isn't too bad thankfully. I have huge problems with the cage method for Zoe though. Probably took me 10-20 save/reload trial & errors to get her to actually chase the coin trail. Had times where she'd walk past the planted gun, where she'd grab the first coin and ignore the others, where she'd just walk past all of them, where some other person will come and grab a coin, etc...; wish there was a less precision sensitive SOSA method for Zoe.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You can easily take her guard our then there's like 2 opportunities to lethal syringe her
For the sister there's a chandelier when she enters back after checking the Janus ceremony

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
I finally found a solution on True Achievements for my Legacy Pack issue on Xbox One:

1. Install everything, from Hitman 2016(all DLC levels, GOTY doesn't matter) and Hitman 2(a given)
2. Install/get the Hitman 2 prologue from the store
3. Load Hitman 2016 and follow the link to the legacy pack(store second option from left)
4. It will load the store with the message 'hitman legacy pack is currently not available'
5. From that screen, go up and right to the search bar and search 'Hitman legacy'
6. Click on the first box that comes up on the left 'Hitman legacy'
7. It will say £31(for me in the UK) 100% off and the 'get' button will now be green.
8. Install

The fact that the in-game Hitman 2016 "Legacy Pack" link doesn't link to the correct Store entry just makes this unneccessarily difficult.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
How are you supposed to get SOSA on Sgail these days? Seems very, very limiting. I googled around and for Zoe almost everyone uses the cage method which is a pain in the ass but seems to work, but for Sophie the alarm clock method does not work anymore because her bodyguard follows her in everytime when pre-patching she would go by herself. SOSA is all I need left on this stage but struggling. I feel like this stage is the most restrictive out of all of them for SO runs. You're pretty much limited to the outside grass/rails and it feels like none of the mission stories/opportunities work on their own.

Now that I've spent like 15 hours on this stage, I don't really like it that much. I feel like Mumbai >> Miami are the only great maps this season, and Sgail is sorta cool, but annoying, Whittleton is a bit boring, almost a large sized tutorial stage, and Santa Fortuna is just tedious.

*edit* found a video run finally that didn't use the alarm clock for Sophia and used the security room. That method still works and isn't too bad thankfully. I have huge problems with the cage method for Zoe though. Probably took me 10-20 save/reload trial & errors to get her to actually chase the coin trail. Had times where she'd walk past the planted gun, where she'd grab the first coin and ignore the others, where she'd just walk past all of them, where some other person will come and grab a coin, etc...; wish there was a less precision sensitive SOSA method for Zoe.
I think I did something similar to this. But the second kill doesn't seem *that* familiar to me, so maybe I just found another way that involves distracting the guard/isolating her? Either way, it's super quick.
https://youtu.be/Xh_IM1j6UjM

Rex_DX

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Boston, MA, United States
So I just picked this up and am beginning to play the HITMAN 1 levels through the legacy pack.

I've played every Hitman game up until Absolution (which I enjoyed mostly - I just pretended it was directed by Robert Rodriguez and it made it more palatable) so I'm a little embarrassed that I can't quite get into the flow yet.

It seems like every hit is almost completely reliant on these scripted "stories" and less on the kind of freeform assassinations you could pull off in say, Blood Money or Silent Assassin. I'm not saying this is good or bad but it does feel different. I realize you have the option to choose which story vignette to play out so I'm seeing that as freedom, but I feel a little handcuffed early on.

Anyone want to chime in? Am I way off base here or are the lightly scripted assassunation paths really the best/only ways to do things?

FWIW I only just completed Mumbai so I realize I've barely scratched the surface. I did spend about 10 hours dicking around in Sapizenza and Paris though. What say you all?

Edit: this sounds a bit negative and I don't mean it to! I'm having a lot of fun!

Young Liar

Nov 30, 2017
The mission stories are the highlight set pieces for the most elaborate/ironic assassinations, yes, but there are still plenty of ways to kill the targets through improvisation. You should see all the objects in the environment you can interact with using Instinct. Tamper with electrical outlets, motorcycles, oil drums, speakers, and statues. Poison wine glasses and water bottles. Push people off ledges. Strangle someone. Wear specific disguises and talk to some NPCs! Make the world your weapon, agent!

The Challenges tab is also great for giving you plenty more assassination ideas, some of which require creativity, timing, and a desire to really explore what a map has to offer regarding the environment and the NPCs relationships. Miami and Mumbai are awesome for the amount of ways you can manipulate their elements.

Hell, if you feel the Mission Story guides are railroading you into a set path, do what I do and turn them off completely in the options, at least for your first time through each map. It can feel like you're just following waypoint after waypoint with the option turned fully on, so I get your opinion right now.

For full immersion and to push your creative thinking, turn off the entire HUD and Instinct mode! I also did that for my first time through every map in Hitman 2016 and in this game.

Rex_DX

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hell, if you feel the Mission Story guides are railroading you into a set path, do what I do and turn them off completely in the options, at least for your first time through each map. It can feel like you're just following waypoint after waypoint with the option turned fully on, so I get your opinion right now.

This is exactly what I meant! I'll be doing this ASAP. Thanks for the tips. It just felt more like a wonky TPS at times with all the waypoints. I love that those options exist but I'd rather make a mess of things a few times, unassisted before I dig into those mechanics.

And I don't want to piss off the Hitman community, by the way! I'm thrilled to have new games in the franchise in 2018/19! Amazing. I recently built a new PC so I'm just way late to the party with the new mechanics the modern installments offer. Can't wait to dig in.

Ryo Hazuki

Oct 25, 2017
I was wondering who that SPRUT guy is who is always at the top of leaderboards but it turns out he cheats and uses a trainer going by discussions I've found online?

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
This is exactly what I meant! I'll be doing this ASAP. Thanks for the tips. It just felt more like a wonky TPS at times with all the waypoints. I love that those options exist but I'd rather make a mess of things a few times, unassisted before I dig into those mechanics.

And I don't want to piss off the Hitman community, by the way! I'm thrilled to have new games in the franchise in 2018/19! Amazing. I recently built a new PC so I'm just way late to the party with the new mechanics the modern installments offer. Can't wait to dig in.
A lot of the mission stories also set-up situations/kills that are not related to the mission story conclusion. Like, starting one might get a target into a new route that opens up abilities to isolate them or cause accident kills or speed up a run that wouldn't have been available without starting. But yeah, the most fun is definitely had with going into a level and starting to piece together the layout and the triggers for characters to get into certain positions.

Rex_DX

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Nice detail. I didn't realize you could derail/manipulate their pathing so much with those situations. Its funny you mention that because I was just starting to experiment with the golf pro affair scenario in Sapienza and realized that even if you don't see it all the way through, its a nice way to steer certain targets in a different direction. Loving the level of detail in these maps and I haven't even begun the actual game I bought ... ya know ... HITMAN 2.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I play with the story markers completely on, but try to explore an absolute ton of the level my first time through before doing one, which is a good mix for me. Then I seek out the others and start planning out how to maximize doing challenges.

And for me, who started with 2016 and only skimmed the surface of it, beyond just setting up kills, if I think about it right now... the stories are also a good way to learn how to safely get into certain parts of the level, so you have a little extra room to learn about what's there? They can be pretty direct about it, but even beyond the obvious story related way to get in, it can be a good way to learn places to sneak in or easy NPCs to take out, etc.

Also, if you're interested in less obvious stuff... when you dive into the challenges, there's not only hints for cool kills you can do, but also ones related to some scripted situations that are up to you to figure out.

Rex_DX

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
See this is what I look forward to.

Also, if you're interested in less obvious stuff... when you dive into the challenges, there's not only hints for cool kills you can do, but also ones related to some scripted situations that are up to you to figure out.

I haven't even begun to dig into challenges. They seem like an incentive to try out all the wacky stuff I'd do for no/little reward in Blood Money.

JarrodL

Oct 27, 2017

Don't feel obliged to follow mission stories just because they're there. First run of the level I usually either use first opportunity I come across or look for a way to fiber wire the targets depending on my mood. On next runs, I might set up specific challenges for myself - for example, snipe all targets, or do an accident-only run, etc. Like others said, mission story opportunities are useful for such cases as well since they often allow you to manipulate target or other npc routines.

And yeah, first thing I did after starting the game was switch off most HUD markers, and set mission story guidance to Minimal. I prefer Minimal to Off, since I like getting Diana's brief overview of the opportunity after first encountering it on a new level, but I unfollow them immediately after. Anything else is too hand-holdy for me.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
So I want to try playing with mission story guidance set to minimal. I just started Marakesh with never having played it before.

I got the mission where I needed to disguise as the cameraman. The only hint I had is that he was sick. No indication of where he might be at all. I explored around the whole map looking for him, and after scouring everywhere I couldn't find him. I turned on mission markers, and it turns out he is in the cafe smoking a hookah. I had walked through the cafe previously and never had any indication that the camera man was in there.

How was I supposed to know that guy in the cafe is the camera man without a marker ? I mean, the guy also is barely distinguishable from any other NPC. I would think he would play VO or something to tip me off that it was him, but I followed him around the cafe for a few minutes and there was nothing. He did talk on his cellphone at one point, but he wasn't making any audible talking or sound .

However, I have been noticing some VO doesn't play at certain times in this level. For instance , when I gave the ID card to the guy in front of the cafe , he animated like he was saying something, but I didn't hear any VO.

I'm playing the level in Hitman 2. Are there know bugs like no voices playing when going through Hitman 1 levels?

zer0blivion

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
The first time you go to the café, the camera man has a cell phone conversation by the fountain about scamming the news crew before he goes inside.

The guy who guards the entrance to the VIP area of the café should have VO, but doesn't. It's a bug.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
The first time you go to the café, the camera man has a cell phone conversation by the fountain about scamming the news crew before he goes inside.

The guy who guards the entrance to the VIP area of the café should have VO, but doesn't. It's a bug.

I saw the camera guy talking on his phone, but he wasn't making any noise. Did you play through the level in Hitman 2? Wondering if it's a bug specific to playing it in the newer game.

zer0blivion

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I saw the camera guy talking on his phone, but he wasn't making any noise. Did you play through the level in Hitman 2? Wondering if it's a bug specific to playing it in the newer game.
I did, and I play on PC. I've had some issues with the dialog being too quiet. I ended up having to turn down the music and SFX in the options while keeping the dialog and master volume all the way up, but I do recall hearing the conversation he has by the fountain.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
I did, and I play on PC. I've had some issues with the dialog being too quiet. I ended up having to turn down the music and SFX in the options while keeping the dialog and master volume all the way up, but I do recall hearing the conversation he has by the fountain.

I restarted the mission and this time I heard him talking. Must have been a bug the first time.

Is there a way to play on professional but only have stories reveal themselves when you discover them? I want to explore to find stories, but I can't deal with only getting one save per mission.

TheBored23

Aug 10, 2018
I restarted the mission and this time I heard him talking. Must have been a bug the first time.

Is there a way to play on professional but only have stories reveal themselves when you discover them? I want to explore to find stories, but I can't deal with only getting one save per mission.
In the options, there's a setting to reduce the mission story guidance to minimal (you'll get objectives on what to do, but no markers telling you where to go) or off (No markers or objectives)

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
The last level of Hitman 2 is dragging on me. I've been getting Level 20 mastery on all the levels, but I have been progressing quite slowly on this one (I've reached Level 20 Mastery on all the other levels, Hitman 1 Legacy levels included). There just doesn't seem to be a lot of big XP challenges.

Last night I was a bit frustrated. I was going for the Tasteless, Traceless challenge, which was also going to net me the Versatile Assassin challenge, but

I went through the whole Jebediah Block mission story so I could feed Sophia. I successfully did it once, managing to use emetic poison, but on another try she wouldn't go near the food. She kept walking in all the rooms around the serving table, but never close enough so I could serve her a poison-laced food item.

Maybe the game was just bugged and I'll be able to pull it off when I try again tonight. However, that mission story eats up some time.

Also, personal commentary, I simply love this game and can't get enough! I had played through Hitman 1 2 years ago, but only so far as to assassinate the targets then move onto the next level. As stated above, though, I've been playing each level over and over again until I get Level 20 Mastery before moving onto the next. It's really made me appreciate just how great this game is from the graphics to the level design to the fun sandbox premise.

100 hours so far with this game and it's not gotten stale yet!

TheBored23

Aug 10, 2018
Just about all of my play the past few weeks has been in contracts mode, and I think I might enjoy it more than the main game. Each contract is like crafting a unique puzzle, and having the tools to do that in-game turns each level (well, except for New Zealand) into an endless toybox. I also appreciate that they allow you to write out little stories for contracts, though from what I've seen not a lot of other Xbox players are making use of that.

Having said that, there are a couple small issues with the mode that I hope they address down the line:
- Because you have to be in close proximity to an NPC to mark them, sniper contracts are a pain to create
- Each melee weapon is counted separately for kill conditions, but the same is not true of guns/explosives/fiber wires. So you can't, say, require someone use Rico Delgado's gun for a kill, or the octane booster in Miami.
- Weapons/disguises can only be optional, not required the way they are in some escalations. This allows players to go in knowing they don't have to unlock anything to play a contract, but it would be nice to have as an option.

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
I managed to get Level 20 Mastery in the last level of Hitman 2, accomplishing my requirements for "beating" the game.

Yet I craved for more, so I started the Patient Zero campaign. I don't know if I can put this game down for any length of time! This is the void that Elusive Targets and Contracts fill, I presume?

This video showed up in my YouTube recommendations and I found it very informative:

HITMAN 2 | Remote EMP Charge | Practical Use | Examples

I'd caution anyone that this video has plenty of spoilers in it, so beware. Having said that, this is a great video! I'd never even remotely (puns!) thought to use the Remote EMP, let alone in any of these scenarios. It just goes to show the genius of Hitman's gameplay design.

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I'm a big fan of the first season, and I'm still disappointed by the available locations in season 2, so I just downloaded the Prologue and the Legacy Pack today to see what they changed in the game.

Funny detail that when you stand on a scale, it displays 47.0 as the weight :D

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
1D010C70BBF190EBFEBA208268E98DEE63DFBBA6

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thank you for making the time limit optional. Auto-fail conditions are the worst.

I'm #1!
xqhm8tI.jpg

I think I have a solid plan though, gonna keep trying.
ahaah, yeah, the time limit is there for a very specific reason (as there's really only one way of achieving such a time) but i didn't make it mandatory so people can screw around and try out things :)