• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

zer0blivion

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Think older in a literal sense
Something medieval maybe

:)
So I need to find a pair of pliers and a blowtorch to get medieval on his ass? Oh wait, you said literal.

Yeah, I have no idea what the intended solution is. I've been bringing breaching charges and a sniper rifle, going to the church shed for propane and then trying to panic the target so he runs closer to the exit, grab the boat keys, head to the target, then drop a breaching charge with the propane flask and blowing him up. The problem I'm having with this is that he tends to panic in place and then just go back to his phone after a few seconds. If I don't try to get him to move, I don't have enough time to get the propane, the boat keys and get to the target before time expires. Last I checked, I'm still the only one on the leaderboards.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I need to find a pair of pliers and a blowtorch to get medieval on his ass? Oh wait, you said literal.

Yeah, I have no idea what the intended solution is. I've been bringing breaching charges and a sniper rifle, going to the church shed for propane and then trying to panic the target so he runs closer to the exit, grab the boat keys, head to the target, then drop a breaching charge with the propane flask and blowing him up. The problem I'm having with this is that he tends to panic in place and then just go back to his phone after a few seconds. If I don't try to get him to move, I don't have enough time to get the propane, the boat keys and get to the target before time expires. Last I checked, I'm still the only one on the leaderboards.
Think of something that is a accident explosive. Something that you can't reach in this version of the level. Try shooting it :)

zer0blivion

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Is there a compiled list of easter eggs in the game anywhere? I find them fascinating.

There's a bunch of compilations if you search YouTube for Hitman 2 Easter Eggs. My favourite obscure one is in Miami, where there's a luxury yacht called Throatwobbler Mangrove. It's a reference to this Monty Python sketch.

HcvAm78.jpg

zer0blivion

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I made a contract on PC if anyone wants to try it. 1-21-6507406-72
kDEYj21.jpg

If you want to create it on other platforms, it's the 5 Ark council members in costumes, any method, any disguise.
KUgGhJZ.jpg

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Forcing myself to rush through the last levels for the elusive.

I like Mumbai but I think I prefer Colombia. I'm just not a huge fan of the bustling, NPC filled levels. I like things a little more relaxed. Sapienza still the peak.

Mumbai definitely has the best mission story/opportunity so far with the Kashmirian though. Incredible.

zer0blivion

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Somebody play my contract. Should be a fun one to route. It's lonely being the only one on the leaderboards.

1-21-6507406-72
unknown.png

Edit: Got it down to 3:57

Last edited:

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
btw this thing is the solution to my contract above

One of the new features in HITMAN 2 is that you can make cannons fire by shooting them with a gun :D

ev0

Oct 25, 2017
I've tried multiple times in Sgail to dump 47 npcs in the water and it corrupts my save every time once I get close. This time at 43. Ughhhhh. On PS4 Pro. I'm sure it's been mentioned but it's driving me nuts.
Somehow it's corrupting previous saves which is bizarre too.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
ah damnit maintenance right as I go to play. All I've got left is Sgail. Whittleton Creek was cool but only having the streets and houses to explore kind of reduces the variety. But I love how relaxed it is.

I hope this fixes the wake from sleep crash bug. It happens 100% of the time for me. I can't sleep mode the game at all.

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
Yeah maintenance always sucks in SE Asia because it's scheduled during peak hours :-( I guess there is no perfect schedule though...

TheBored23

Aug 10, 2018
There's a new bonus mission on Hokkaido as part of the latest update: the Snow Festival, which allows you the chance to unlock an icepick and a Parka-style suit

justjim89

Nov 16, 2017
Yeah it was fairly simple. Managed to get a Suit Only, Silent Assassin in about a minute or so. Might keep going to get the other unlocks, but it's a pain because I have zero mastery in Hokkaido.

JarrodL

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like they fixed the Whittleton Creek bug with the whack-a-mole opportunity on Master, even though it's not in the patch notes. The Patient Zero Hokkaido one is still not fixed though.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe I missed the option but is there no way to set hiding bodies in stuff back to a button press rather than holding it? Feels weird after all this time.

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
poor bonus mission, this would be a bottom tier elusive, got SA in 10minutes, nothing memorable about it.

bottledfox

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I'm not a completonist, but I'm having a damn good time doing the challenges and improving my position on the leaderboard. Just managed to do Miami's Suit Only, Silent Assassin on Master difficulty in 4:59. Now I'm going to try getting regular Silent Assassin in less time.

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
Yeah, I'm wondering if there is any content hidden in the Winter Festival Mission, because it's 10 minutes tops to get the mastery set? Even the electrocution can be set up in 30 seconds using the bathroom.

Infernostew

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Wet Bandit feat in Whittleton Creek is still broken... Winter Festival was a joke. I wish they put more work into it. Target does like 1 junky short loop...

ev0

Oct 25, 2017
Having nothing unlocked in Hitman 2's Hokkaido made it a little more cumbersome. But even then I was able to get SA in like 4 minutes.

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
The big gameplay change so far is that dumping bodies is now a HOLD action instead of a press. Probably fixes a variety of bugs

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
So I was happy to see the game is finally on sale on Xbox, was going to pick up the gold edition - then I saw for some reason it's only 30% off. It's been 50% off multiple times on PSN and cheaper on PC, but I own the first game on Xbox.

This is typical WB on Xbox. Awful pricing in the UK and their customer service is terrible too in my experience. I wonder if the ridiculous price of the HD Collection was WB's idea too? Hopefully IO gets away from them as fast as possible.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Wow people weren't kidding, the winter festival mission is insanely easy. Took all of two tries to figure out a very quick SASO.

I'm cleaning up the objectives just for easy Hokkaido mastery. I hated doing mastery on this map in H1, anything to ease the pain.

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
Absolutely, you don't even need items for SASO...
1. Choke and hide the guy lingering in the bathroom
2. Wait for target
3. Break neck and hide the body in the stall
4. Go throw snowballs for fun

I'm cleaning up the objectives just for easy Hokkaido mastery. I hated doing mastery on this map in H1, anything to ease the pain.

Once you hit Lv20 it's just sooo much more convenient. Ninja and Biker challenges are a bit complicated though. SASO was the second toughest behind Colorado

Starter items: hacker cards, coins
1. Start in morgue and precisely time your get-up
2. Use coins to lure and disable both doctors and one guard
3. Shoot the camera computer through the glass of the OR
4. Go get the mood adjuster, return and use it (and probably save...)
5. Use it again to chase the doctor
6. Shoot the heart through the glass, chase down the doctor and readjust
7. Use coins or junk to lure the DDR players and knock them out
8. Cross back into the patient zone using the very short hallway to past the kitchen
9. Roll over to the Sauna
10. Follow the guard into the back and knock him out
11. Turn up the heat
12. Trap Yuki
13. Using the main entrance, use a coin to lure away the suspicious guard from your exit

I'm sure there are more efficient methods but basically you should always frontload the patient as Yuki's solution is trivial

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
Is it just me or is the Sniper Assassin mode just not fun to play through? I'm trying to complete all the challenges and the most annoying thing is trying to aim at these distant targets while holding down the right mouse button constantly, it's maddening when they're on an escape run.

In the main game, sniping (apart from detection issues here and there) isn't a hassle because 47's mobile and NPCs/targets at most, move at a walking pace. Would like IOI to either allow for sniper aiming as a toggle, or separate aim and camera movement sensitivities.