• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Although not Hitman 2 I'm about to begin Hitman 1, i'm quite excited to see what made it so good and hopefully I'll end up buying Hitman 2 as well!

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
Next Elusive Target arrives friday in Hokkaido, seems like a level where it'd be useful to have mastery 20 since you can't smuggle in personal gear on you without it. Fortunately its a level thats fairly easy to stack a bunch of challenges together with some judicious save/reloads, I went from like level 4 (snow festival) to level 18 in about an hour.

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
An update from the February Roadmap blog:

February Game Update
Our February Update is shaping up nicely and we're excited to share the full details on some of the community-requested quality of life changes, gameplay tweaks and bug fixes that it will bring.

Before then, we also want to give all players an advanced heads-up that when the update arrives in late February, we will be removing 3 challenges from the Isle of Sgail location; All The King's Men, Making Waves and No Budget For A Railing. After a sweep of the challenges in the game, we think that these particular challenges encourage the killing of multiple non-targets and they're not fun to complete. We've also factored community feedback into the decision and wanted to tell you ahead of time.

We won't be removing and XP or progression if you've already completed these challenges but they will be removed from the game with Update 2.14, so you'll have no in-game proof of your exploits. If you haven't completed them yet, you've got until the last week in February to do so before they're gone.

I feel bad for those who also completed them, but I kinda agree with this change. These challenges were pretty pointless compared to most and felt more like Sumo Digital attempts to fill a list quota.

For reference, they involved:
The King's Men - Kill all (25) elite guards while disguised as a knight.
Making Waves - Dump 47 NPCs into the sea.
No Budget For A Railing - Dump 5 custodians into the armory shaft.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Idk making waves was atrocious, especially because of crashes with lots of bodies, but the other 2 were fine ?

BigAT

Oct 30, 2017
Is this the first time they're removing challenges from the game? I came to Hitman 2016 a little late, so maybe I missed something early on, but I don't remember anything getting taken out of that.

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
The problem with The King's Men is that it's basically a map-wiper challenge. The most silent, methodical approach still relies on you using a different costume to quietly round up the guards and get them to a place where you can take the killing shot wearing the intended look.

It doesn't have the frame rate issues of Making Waves, but it's still basically challenging you to lay waste to the level rather than challenge your assassination skill set.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, I never finished Making Waves. Basically I loaded up my King's Men save and then saw a room/floor filled with body bags, so I took out the guards dragging them and then went downstairs to actually have more people to deal with... and then just never resumed that save. Might do that for the hell of it still.

But yeah, the other 2 were weird but fine; it actually helped me learn where I could be safe in the map?

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They shouldn't take away any challenges. Some people enjoy them, some don't and it's okay to ignore them. The only exception imo would be The King's Men. I've done it by slaughtering 80% of the map and the fps dropped massively (on base PS4). I can understand it could cause crashes etc. on slower PC's.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
King's men is perfectly fine, it needs you to know the map and where the elites are
Making waves was just tedious trash

zer0blivion

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Although not Hitman 2 I'm about to begin Hitman 1, i'm quite excited to see what made it so good and hopefully I'll end up buying Hitman 2 as well!
If you feel so inclined, you can download the free Hitman 2 Prologue and play all the Hitman 2016 maps in the new engine, with the new mechanics. If you're on PC, you don't even need to download Hitman 2016. On consoles, you'll need to download it and update to the latest version to unlock the legacy content via the menus in Hitman 2016.

DOBERMAN INC

Oct 27, 2017
I did Making Waves last week and it was a slog, basically killed all the guards around the pier/steps,threw them in the water and then shot off a non silenced weapon and a npc would hear it then alert a random guard, they would check it out and I'd dump them too, rinse and repeat for around 30 minutes.

Not much lost really.

Last edited:

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Actually, I'm surprised they didn't include the security room closet one too. Did they add/people realize a way to do that without a massacre (to get Blake into it)?

I wish I'd planned a little better because both that and King's Men took a while of murdering most of that floor, and I think I could have done both from one save if I thought through my approach, hah. And like... not ideal player behavior and a slog to do (not to mention it running weirdly due to all the bodies- I think I did shotgun someone up an entire floor for a few second?), so I get wanting to take a step back. But I will again say that it helped me learn parts of the level more and know where I can hole up if things somehow went incredibly badly during an Elusive, and such. (Of course, I only did these after exploring all of the level and doing the stories and such already, so I had that to work with as well.)

ev0

Oct 25, 2017
I tried to do those challenges together and all it resulted in was tanking the framerate to unplayable levels and it somehow started corrupting every save file I had. It would crash to dash on PS4 after a few second of loading. Way too many bodies where on the screen I guess. I think it was physics issue too. If you hid bodies it wasn't as bad

FatPuppy

Jun 18, 2018
I can understand removing Making Waves and All the Kings Men because they were both essentially "kill everyone" challenges and also caused performance issues with all the corpses, but I see nothing wrong with No Budget for a Railing. It's confined to a single building and is perfectly capable of being done stealthily.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
If you feel so inclined, you can download the free Hitman 2 Prologue and play all the Hitman 2016 maps in the new engine, with the new mechanics. If you're on PC, you don't even need to download Hitman 2016. On consoles, you'll need to download it and update to the latest version to unlock the legacy content via the menus in Hitman 2016.
I didn't know that! I'll do that right away, I assume the mechanics of Hitman 2 are an improvement over Hitman 1 in every possible ways?

tryagainlater

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't know that! I'll do that right away, I assume the mechanics of Hitman 2 are an improvement over Hitman 1 in every possible ways?
The mechanics imported over to the old maps aren't drastic changes (working mirrors, hiding in foliage) but playing in the Hitman 2 launcher will give you access to the elusive target coming out this week and you'll be able to use your progress in the legacy maps should you ever buy the full Hitman 2 (which you should because it's great).

Oldest_Snake

Oct 29, 2017
Just completed Whittleton Creek, honestly a little disappointed tbh. Feels like the Marrakesh of season 2, a big level but all the important stuff is locked to a very small area and the rest is just there. Sort of wasted the setting IMO.

QFNS

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
DANGIT. I was so close to SA on this Elusive on Hokaido. The body was spotted RIGHT AS I WALKED OUT THE DOOR.
I was so close. Ah well definitely got away with it and still had 4 stars, but man. Bummer.

Infernostew

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Easy SASO on The Fugitive. Had to reload a bunch since the targets are random. Feels nice getting the Blood Money suit and the Hokkaido elusive suit.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
fun fact: if you face the people at the restaurant door, they will bow to you. That makes them unable to see in front of them. So you can poison the target right in front of them :D

Last edited:

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lol I didn't have the prompt to subdue the black guy in the bathroom so I tried to press the button anyway and it knocked him out but I didn't have a compromised or unconscious witness so I thought I was fine. Nope, 4/5 rating lmao fuck off

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Damn people have this elusive down extremely tight. 41 seconds didn't get me a great ranking at all, top on the leaderboard is 19 seconds.

tryagainlater

Oct 25, 2017
Lol I didn't have the prompt to subdue the black guy in the bathroom so I tried to press the button anyway and it knocked him out but I didn't have a compromised or unconscious witness so I thought I was fine. Nope, 4/5 rating lmao fuck off
Hopefully the SA check feature comes soon. It's only taken 3 years of people asking for IO to say they're working on it.

Norwegian_Imposter

Circumventing a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
An update from the February Roadmap blog:

I feel bad for those who also completed them, but I kinda agree with this change. These challenges were pretty pointless compared to most and felt more like Sumo Digital attempts to fill a list quota.

For reference, they involved:
The King's Men - Kill all (25) elite guards while disguised as a knight.
Making Waves - Dump 47 NPCs into the sea.
No Budget For A Railing - Dump 5 custodians into the armory shaft.
Sumo digital?

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
Damn people have this elusive down extremely tight. 41 seconds didn't get me a great ranking at all, top on the leaderboard is 19 seconds.

damn i thought 41 seconds was nuts, i don't even know how you'd do 19. I guess start near the cable car and sniper and exit?

The background dialogues on this and the last ET have been kinda lame. The patients talk to each other in some spots but it feels like random dialogue not really connected to anything. One guy tells the other how communism is great, lol.

traillaitor

Jun 10, 2018
I'm sure this has been asked before but...

I'm downloading the first game now (free on PS+) - I'm assuming that once this is downloaded I will be able to play the upgraded maps on Hitman 2? Or is there anything else I need to do on 1 first?

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure this has been asked before but...

I'm downloading the first game now (free on PS+) - I'm assuming that once this is downloaded I will be able to play the upgraded maps on Hitman 2? Or is there anything else I need to do on 1 first?

You'll just need to go into the first game and redeem the legacy stuff from the menu in that.

After that, you should be set.